what if Punisher lives gotham

• 79 results
#51 Edited by Bionder (268 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is just overated like most of his fans. Thing is, if the Punisher lived in Gotham wouldn't be to fight Batman but to stop crime. Of course Batman would try to stop him to protect his precious villains who each time they got out of prison/Arkham they kill dozens of innocents.

If they fight the Punisher will lose, because he doesn't kill good guys, the fight will be resumed to h2h and the man who learned the impossible 127 martial art styles at young age would take this one.

#53 Posted by daredevil21134 (9119 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmmm

#54 Edited by Dayvid3 (801 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna get into what happens if they tangle, this isn't a battle thread. Batman won't like a killer, so will go after him, but by then, there's a very good chance a bunch of his a-list villains will be taking a dirt nap. If so, I think a lot of gotham citizens would be thrilled.

#55 Posted by Black_Claw (2816 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher would accomplish something that Batman has been trying to do for years, make Gotham a safe city.

#56 Posted by HumanRocket (4895 posts) - - Show Bio

I would imagine it to be a love/hate relationship. Both of them would understand why there in the situation their I'm and they would form a partnership but when it comes to morals frank would cross the line where Bruce can't and that's where their partnership would hit ur bumps in the road. I would think frank would feel that batman is too weak for letting the criminals remain alive where they could still cause harm to others and should be taken out forever. And on the other side batman would feel that frank has lost some of his hope in humanity and has to prove to him that even criminals can be saved.

#57 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15959 posts) - - Show Bio

he'd get slaughtered like a Lamb. By Prof Pyg. seriously, what's he going to do? KILL DEM?! please. Punisher villains are Z-Listers basically >_>

#58 Posted by lifeofvibe (3181 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: the joker vs punisher I give this to joker I read the jokers page and what I can tell it seem the joker has powers read it your self it explains why batman has such problem with him

#59 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah The Joker is sure as heck gonna kill Punisher before Punisher kills him.

#60 Posted by Bionder (268 posts) - - Show Bio

he'd get slaughtered like a Lamb. By Prof Pyg. seriously, what's he going to do? KILL DEM?! please. Punisher villains are Z-Listers basically >_>

Of course they are.. Do you think that Marvel want the Punisher to kill B-Listers or even C-Listers? They need them to be on other books/stories.

That's why the Punisher don't work to well in 616, he needs his own rogue gallery.

I don't have any doubt that the Punisher is the man to clean Gotham. Probably the Joker is the one that can give him trouble.

#61 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15959 posts) - - Show Bio

@bionder said:

@theacidskull said:

Of course they are.. Do you think that Marvel want the Punisher to kill B-Listers or even C-Listers? They need them to be on other books/stories.

That's why the Punisher don't work to well in 616, he needs his own rogue gallery.

I don't have any doubt that the Punisher is the man to clean Gotham. Probably the Joker is the one that can give him trouble.

Joker would destroy Punisher. because he actually Has feats, Punisher doesn't go that far with what he has done, because his Villains,, again, are D-listers.

it doesn't matter if Marvel is Forced to Do that, it's something that happens.

#62 Edited by Bionder (268 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@bionder said:

@theacidskull said:

Joker would destroy Punisher. because he actually Has feats, Punisher doesn't go that far with what he has done, because his Villains,, again, are D-listers.

it doesn't matter if Marvel is Forced to Do that, it's something that happens.

This actually happened and i don't see the Punisher the destroyed its more the other way around.

#63 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15959 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by Bionder (268 posts) - - Show Bio

@bionder: Non-canon.

But it's the Joker.

There are stories that are ridiculous (but fun) like Punisher kills the Marvel Universe, he couldn't handle all the heroes and villains..

But who is Joker? What are his feats? He is human, yes he is an insane genius and most dangerous villain of Batman's rogue gallery, but he is human. If he is human, he can be shot, bullets will do the rest.

#65 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15959 posts) - - Show Bio

@bionder said:

@theacidskull said:

@bionder: Non-canon.

But it's the Joker.

There are stories that are ridiculous (but fun) like Punisher kills the Marvel Universe, he couldn't handle all the heroes and villains..

But who is Joker? What are his feats? He is human, yes he is an insane genius and most dangerous villain of Batman's rogue gallery, but he is human. If he is human, he can be shot, bullets will do the rest.

bringing Examples from alt Versions is really Pointless, especially in uni's like PUNISHER VS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE, because the whole fights are Plot devices there. Punisher kills the Hulk with an adamantium arrow? please. hulk has been through worse. there are more Moments of PLOT INDUCED STUPIDITY there which i don't really have to bring.

Joker i doubt really is Human, he;s a Human On comic Book standards and he has surprised batman Before, someone who is superior to punisher in almost every way, Joker wouldn't end up in the situation where punisher would have him pegged down. he's to smart for that.

#66 Edited by Bionder (268 posts) - - Show Bio

In case you haven't read Punisher VS The Marvel Universe it's different from Punisher kills the Marvel Universe...

In Punisher VS The Marvel Universe he killed the Hulk, but not the normal Hulk, he were a cannibal like the other heroes/villains in that book, so why not?

It's the same stupidity as Batman beating up Superman or even laying a hand to him. Batman is the most overated character in comics. Being a human and do what he does.

Joker surprises Batman and continues to because he is weak to do what has to be done a long time ago.

#67 Edited by SonOfHellstorm (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr__punisher said:

Bats vs Punisher = dead Batman

The Punisher would not kill Batman. The Punisher does not purposely kill heroes. As for what would happen if the Punisher lived in Gotham: Scarecrow, Penguin, Two Face, Bane, Mr. Freeze, Riddler, and of course Joker.

#68 Posted by Jack Donaghy (828 posts) - - Show Bio

@bionder said:

In case you haven't read Punisher VS The Marvel Universe it's different from Punisher kills the Marvel Universe...

In Punisher VS The Marvel Universe he killed the Hulk, but not the normal Hulk, he were a cannibal like the other heroes/villains in that book, so why not?

It's the same stupidity as Batman beating up Superman or even laying a hand to him. Batman is the most overated character in comics. Being a human and do what he does.

Joker surprises Batman and continues to because he is weak to do what has to be done a long time ago.

Another butthurt Batman hater, like Punisher doesn't have PIS feats that would suggest he's overrated. Punisher killing Hulk is PIS.

#69 Posted by Vampire_Batman (126 posts) - - Show Bio

@dead said:

Cezar_TheScribe

said:

" Batman is too quick, intelligent, and is at peak physical condition. The Punisher is a guy with a gun. Short work for Batman. "

Hahaha! You don't know much about the Punisher huh? The Punisher is in peak condition just as much as Batman, now he may not be as fast and smart but he can hold his own against the Bat. His not just a guy with a gun. Batman got a taste of Punisher's fist a few times when they fought. Punisher is almost just as good in hand-to-hand combat as Batman, now I will admit Batman is better then Punisher in hand-to-hand but not by much. Punisher has engaged 24 guys in a fist fight and killed each one of them. I know Batman has done the same but without killing anybody.

Is this true???

#70 Posted by daredevil21134 (9119 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people will die

#71 Posted by Bionder (268 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: I'm no Batman hater, in fact i like Batman...

Punisher killing Hulk is as PIS as Batman beating Superman. Deal with it.

A writer can do what he wants and Batman has been more than overated by writers over the years. Sadly..

#72 Posted by DogSoldier88 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry Joker fans, but Frank Castle is Gotham, means that your clown hero is just another "villain" who will be body-bagged. The Punisher is a killer, who would almost certainly get Batman's attention because of the carnage. The Punisher wouldn't "sneak into Joker's lair", or try to get evidence on Penguin. Penguin has a nightclub, Punisher blows the whole thing up with Penguin and his goons inside. No H2H or close quarters stuff. Same for Joker's lair. Frank has no loved ones that Joker can use to his advantage, and Joker doesn't have any intimate knowledge about him the way he does with Batman. Joker preys on Batman's morals, which won't work with Punisher. If Joker gives the Punisher a moral choice between killing him and saving somebody, Joker is dead. And you guys talking about "z-listers", "d-listers"... News Flash - the Punisher doesn't have "villians" he kills whoever he comes across. Batman's list of Rouges are mostly just adults in costumes, with no powers, or very low-level metas. Ultimately Two-Face, Black mask, and Penguin are just unusually looking crime bosses - typical Punisher cannon-fodder.

#73 Posted by daredevil21134 (9119 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would through Frank in jail out of fear of him killing the Joker

#74 Posted by Jayc1324 (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would probably let him go as long as he only killed criminals. Batman wouldn't support the killing but cops kill and so do some heroes. He knows not everyone has a no killing rule.

#75 Posted by daredevil21134 (9119 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

Batman would probably let him go as long as he only killed criminals. Batman wouldn't support the killing but cops kill and so do some heroes. He knows not everyone has a no killing rule.

He doesn't care if he only kills criminals he would still lock him up. A cop by law can kill so he doesn't mind that. But he would lock up Frank just like Jason Todd..

#76 Posted by Jayc1324 (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: but batman doesn't lock up Jason Todd ever. He only tries to stop him and tell him killing is wrong. He think it would be the same situation with punisher. He respect his motives but keep telling him killing isn't the right way and maybe eventually he would lock him up.

#77 Posted by daredevil21134 (9119 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@daredevil21134: but batman doesn't lock up Jason Todd ever. He only tries to stop him and tell him killing is wrong. He think it would be the same situation with punisher. He respect his motives but keep telling him killing isn't the right way and maybe eventually he would lock him up.

He has threaten to shut down Huntress and her career for being to brutal. Jason Todd is a former Robin and he feels somewhat guilty and responsible for what has happen to him but there is no way Batman lets Castle kill in Gotham and let him run free.

#78 Posted by Jayc1324 (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: maybe. But he has seen a bunch of heroes kill before that's why I think he might give frank some leeway because he's still a hero. But then again he doesn't want a killer running around Gotham

#79 Edited by daredevil21134 (9119 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@daredevil21134: maybe. But he has seen a bunch of heroes kill before that's why I think he might give frank some leeway because he's still a hero. But then again he doesn't want a killer running around Gotham

If it wasn't in Gotham maybe but in Gotham no way.He isn't gonna dedicate himself to chasing down heroes that kill,it's too time consuming.

#80 Posted by Jayc1324 (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.