what if punisher got a green lantern ring

#1 Posted by no name no face (69 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

Just magnify what Hal did as Paralax about a million times.

#3 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Some might argue that Frank's single-mindedness grants him considerable willpower, but I disagree.  The fact that he chose to fall down the road of despair actually suggests a low degree of willpower, making him a poor candidate for a GL ring.

Now a Red Lantern or Sinestro Corp?  I could see that.

#4 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77: yeah i agree with you if he was in the sinestro corps he would be a beast he would strike fear in anyone!!
#5 Posted by inferiorego (21255 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77: He's a Yellow Lantern for sure.
Staff
#6 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Frank as a Yellow Lantern would be awesome...
#7 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

hell yeah image what he'd do make the craziest guns, bombs, a-bomb maybe lol that got me hyped

#8 Edited by Storm Rider (165 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
Some might argue that Frank's single-mindedness grants him considerable willpower, but I disagree.  The fact that he chose to fall ... [more]
I don't see Frank as a Red Lantern. He is very calculated. Blind rage is not his thing, directed aggression is. He didn't fall into despair and become a killer, he CHOSE to go that route. Yellow lantern would be more reasonable. He does feed off of the fear of the bad guys sometimes, it seems. He would be super-powerful as a yellow lantern. Let's imagine he DID get a green ring, though: this guy has got some willpower! The ways he would use the ring would make Guy look like a wuss. In fact, if Guy can get a green ring, why not The Punisher? Well, other than not being in the DC Universe, but you know what I mean!
#9 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

People underestimate Guy.  He's actually a very strong anti-groupthink character, an act that takes considerable willpower.  When Batman declared himself leader of the embassy-era JLA, Guy was the only one who stood up and said "uh, no."  True, he got flattened for it, but his was the sole dissenting opinion.

Anti-groupthink is vital to critical analysis and evaluation, and often individuals will place harmony and consensus ahead of their own opinions to avoid 'rocking the boat'.  Some other good examples of anti-groupthink characters include Hawkeye from the Avengers, and Erik from the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon.  They come off as abrasive and unpleasant, but are actually very capable.

#10 Edited by Storm Rider (165 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
People underestimate Guy.  He's actually a very strong anti-groupthink character, an act that takes considerable willpower.  When Batman declared himself ... [more]
I agree with your assessment completely. I would imagine Frank Castle is about as anti-groupthink, as you put it, as one can get. His willpower, in my mind, is unquestionably extraordinaire and would qualify him to wear the ring on that basis.
#11 Posted by Fluke-buddha (644 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
Some might argue that Frank's single-mindedness grants him considerable willpower, but I disagree.  The fact that he chose to fall ... [more]
If your wife and kids are murdered what other road is there? What other emotions could you feel but saddness and anger? The man's got willpower to spare. How else do you become such a badass while having no powers?
#12 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio

as a red lantern
that would be f^cking haunting

#13 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank with any ring would make me cry

#14 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah except maybe those pink ones that would just be confusing as all hell
or even the blue one would make me wonder

#15 Edited by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
People underestimate Guy.  He's actually a very strong anti-groupthink character, an act that takes considerable willpower.  When Batman declared himself ... [more]
Aww, man. Now you made him less likable by revealing that his personality flaws are actually BENEFICIAL!

Nah, I'm kidding. This just makes him funnier.
#16 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr.Voo the Doo said:
 yeah except maybe those pink ones that would just be confusing as all hellor even the blue one would make ... [more]
He does show hope.
#17 Posted by MercenaryX (249 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be kick ass. I can picture a giant M16 right now. LOL

#18 Posted by Catastrophic (312 posts) - - Show Bio
MercenaryX said:
He would be kick ass. I can picture a giant M16 right now. LOL
M16 is outdated. M4 ftw!! Thne again there are many other BETTER rifles.
#19 Posted by MercenaryX (249 posts) - - Show Bio
Catastrophic said:
MercenaryX said: He would be kick ass. I can picture a giant M16 right now. LOL M16 is outdated. M4 ... [more]
What about a P90? FTW
#20 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

the world's criminals should pray from petty thieves and  j' walkers to despots like doom.

the fear that punisher generates is strong

#21 Posted by Detective (524 posts) - - Show Bio

criminals and villains would be extinct

#22 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @MrMiracle77: He's a Yellow Lantern for sure. "
Not yellow, red.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.