Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

The Punisher will join Thunderbolts in December

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bionder
    ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ThexX

Awesome. i was worried when Marvel announced that Frank would be on a team. But to me this makes sense to put him on the Thunderbolts.

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bionder

@ThexX said:

Awesome. i was worried when Marvel announced that Frank would be on a team. But to me this makes sense to put him on the Thunderbolts.

This roster of thunderbolts it makes sense to me, they seem more like a group of antiheroes. The ex. villains roster and put Frank in there it doesn't make sense. He would try or die trying kill'em on page 2.

Avatar image for davethepunisher
    DaveThePunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DaveThePunisher

this definitely works for me!

All team members are loner... all killers... all work above the laws of morality! PERFECT for Frank.

I was worried that they would have Frank taking orders from some civilian superhero but with Red Hulk (former Army general) calling the shots, I can absolutely accept that Captain Castle would fall in line with this team.

Also it's nice to see Marvel is showing Frank some love by including him in the whole Marvel NOW thing they are doing

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

I think the team is badass.... But I don't think they should call themselves the Thunderbolts.

LSROTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LSROTJ

Marvel hasn’t learned it’s lesson with the Punisher, they’re doing the same thing they did back in the 90’s. He’s making too many appearances and getting involved in superhero crap that doesn’t involved him in the slightest. But since the Avengers film was a big hit, everyone has to be part of a team to fight some big threat… and Marvel can always count on the action junkie Punisher fan base to support whatever crap they come up with. The Undead Angel Punisher, Captain American/Punisher, FrankenCastle, Solid Snake Punisher

The Punisher taking orders, being told what he can and can’t do… where are the real Punisher fans??? Because there not here…

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bionder

@LSROTJ said:

Marvel hasn’t learned it’s lesson with the Punisher, they’re doing the same thing they did back in the 90’s. He’s making too many appearances and getting involved in superhero crap that doesn’t involved him in the slightest. But since the Avengers film was a big hit, everyone has to be part of a team to fight some big threat… and Marvel can always count on the action junkie Punisher fan base to support whatever crap they come up with. The Undead Angel Punisher, Captain American/Punisher, FrankenCastle, Solid Snake Punisher The Punisher taking orders, being told what he can and can’t do… where are the real Punisher fans??? Because there not here…

Many appearences? His current run is ending, we got untold tales coming to a close and Space Punisher too. What's your ideal Punisher? Gerry Conway? Steven Grant ?Mike Baron's? Chuck Dixon? Ennis? This is not the 90's with 3 books ongoing. Describe for us to understand your point. Solid Snake Punisher? Are you talking about the looks or the way he was writting?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

I'm sorry but Frank is gonna kill somebody, Deadpool is gonna kill somebody, they're all gonna kill repeatedly, they don't mind!

sj_esposito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By sj_esposito

Awesome. I'm very excited to give this a shot. Although, Frank looks weird on that cover.

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bionder

@sEsposito7 said:

Awesome. I'm very excited to give this a shot. Although, Frank looks weird on that cover.

He looks old.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By SoA

not too excited with dillon's art but im curious to see this team in action

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Brit

i dont like it...

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cuddles666

I love the fact that Frank and 'Pool are finally on the same team, especially because they kind of hate each other.

I love this line-up, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable about this book if Remender wrote it.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cuddles666

Still, this team would benefit from having at least one legit villain, not just antiheroes. Bullseye wouldn't work because they already have enough shooters. Taskmaster on the other hand.....

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bionder

@cuddles666 said:

Still, this team would benefit from having at least one legit villain, not just antiheroes. Bullseye wouldn't work because they already have enough shooters. Taskmaster on the other hand.....

He wouldn't last long the Punisher would always try or die trying to kill that villain when the time is right. When people talked of the possibility of Thunderbolts i thought it was stupid.. C'mon Frank working with ex villains?

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cuddles666

@Bionder: Derp. Good point.

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bionder

But in the other way, they should change the name of the team, because the original idea of Thunderbolts is all the members as reformed villains.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

Well, since Thunderbolt Ross is leading the team it does make sense.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#19  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

AWESOME!!! Punisher!!! Elektra!!! DEADPOOL!!!! and VENOM!!! this is gonna be interesting. I don't like that they are called Thunderbolts though
    Punisher kinda looks old and different.
     So sad that Greg Rucko's Punisher is ending :(

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bionder

@MadeinBangladesh said:

AWESOME!!! Punisher!!! Elektra!!! DEADPOOL!!!! and VENOM!!! this is gonna be interesting. I don't like that they are called Thunderbolts though Punisher kinda looks old and different. So sad that Greg Rucko's Punisher is ending :(

Yes it's trully sad that Greg Rucka's run is ending. Maybe they can think again if the War-Zone arc sales rises.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.