Should Punisher have a succesor?

#1 Posted by Mr. Punisher (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it should be someone who loves guns, can kill with no mercy, and is serious. Maybe Nick Fury?

#2 Posted by Nitric (948 posts) - - Show Bio

Nick Fury being the Successor of the Punisher? Aren't successors normally, younger, newer, stuff like that? Nick Fury is wayyyy old compared to the Punisher...

#3 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Nick Fury?! Haha he already has it bad enough. He shouldn't be Punisher 2.0.

#4 Posted by Mr. Punisher (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright. Wolverine?

#5 Posted by Mr. Punisher (154 posts) - - Show Bio

What!!!!!  Clint Barton

#6 Posted by Nitric (948 posts) - - Show Bio

If he absolutely had to have a successor, I would hope that it would be a brand new character that they flesh out right before the exchange. I don't think any pre-existing characters would fit every aspect and do the current Punisher complete justice.

#7 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Then just bring his son back to life and make him 30 something. (Castle did have a son right?) lol

#8 Posted by Nitric (948 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I was thinking that... But didn't know how it would work out.

Could be an interesting non-cannon story. Where his son actually isn't dead, comes back. They're all buddy buddy, Punisher is more at rest now, and quits his day job. Eventually crime is at an all time high, but Frank is old and out of practice, so his son picks it up?

#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he shouldn't have a successor. If he does, it should be a new character, not an established character taking up the mantle. I can't think of a single person who would follow in his footsteps anyway. Also, LMAO at you even mentioning Nick Fury.

#10 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Nitric said:
"Yeah, I was thinking that... But didn't know how it would work out.

Could be an interesting non-cannon story. Where his son actually isn't dead, comes back. They're all buddy buddy, Punisher is more at rest now, and quits his day job. Eventually crime is at an all time high, but Frank is old and out of practice, so his son picks it up?"
I'd read that.
#11 Posted by Marvel Knight (1270 posts) - - Show Bio
Lady Punisher
#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

of course, it's been awhile since we last saw someone taking the mantle of a popular character for no aparent reason ;P

#13 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Marvel Knight said:
"
Lady Punisher
"
WhoTF is that?
#14 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"Marvel Knight said:
"
Lady Punisher
"
WhoTF is that?"

They already tried with Punisher-successors 3-4 times. Naturally people hate it.
#15 Posted by Lunacyde (17387 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Punisher said:
"I think it should be someone who loves guns, can kill with no mercy, and is serious. Maybe Nick Fury?"

Nick Fury is already too old and should die...

Some characters should just be allowed to die and allow new ideas to become popular.
#16 Posted by Mr. Punisher (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay thanks sfor your opinions.

#17 Posted by kev17 (331 posts) - - Show Bio

He does have a succesor. his third child, cossandra castle, finds his war journal and continues the war.
#18 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple, find a kid whose incredibly messed up and idolizes the Punisher.

#19 Posted by War Killer (19490 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher is not that cool or even that interesting of a character, the thing that made him so great was that he killed badguys when other heroes didn't, now other heroes do that and Punisher is just a dull character now

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.