Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Punisher: Born vs. Punisher post-Vietnam movie?

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By SladeRogers

I've been wonderin' since I've started back readin' the Punisher comics (takin' a hiatus to catch-up on my Wolverine), and I've been thinkin' would a Punisher: Born movie be better than a movie where he dives into bein' the Punisher? I mean we've had three movies that show the events of Frank Castle's death and Punisher's birth, but how about the pre-events that helped to develop his mindset of war which happens to be bein' a soldier in the Vietnam war. I mean they made Wolverine an origins movie (which sucked more than I could explain) and soon enough we'll have a Deadpool origins movie (hopefully), so I think we should at least give Frank his dues. I could be wrong about this, but I think it'll work better than alot of other comic movies. Thoughts on this?
    bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bringdeath

I agree with you to a point,I agree that as fans of the comic yea we would love that "Hollywood" Isnt out there to appeal to the fans it will still be an origin movie but like the abomination that was wolverine it will be an origin without the origin it'll end up being like 30 minutes of nam then jump to his family murders then him becoming the punisher I mean thats at least my guess for what hollywood would do,but personally I would jizz my pants if the made a PUNISHER:BORN movie.
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SladeRogers
    @bringdeath:
    Sad part is you're extremely right. I'd have a total mangasm for a REAL Punisher: Born movie (directed by someone that made a good war movie with Garth Ennis by their side), and leave out his family till the end. I mean like right before the movie ends you see him with his family and see the guns aimed at them which the screen then fades to black.
    bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bringdeath
    @SladeRogers said:
    "@bringdeath:
    Sad part is you're extremely right. I'd have a total mangasm for a REAL Punisher: Born movie (directed by someone that made a good war movie with Garth Ennis by their side), and leave out his family till the end. I mean like right before the movie ends you see him with his family and see the guns aimed at them which the screen then fades to black. "

yea dude that would be so cool BORN is one of the most briliant comics to ever be written and the sad thing is you'll never get something "true" to it, all the people that are true fans of the punisher would love it and actually were the only ones who go see it(its true, sorry) but" hollywood" wants a Dark knight but thats impossible with the punisher he's to human to relative to the real world ,they made batman brilliant with the moviethey went to bounds unlike any other comicbook movie,but the kicker is  they didnt necessarily make a batman movie they just made a fantastic movie with batman and the joker(sorry didnt mean to go off on that tangent)but my point is you have to go for something like natural born killers for the punisher or even something like the brave one, hell that movie was no were the quality of the punishers edge and darkness ,but it made a shit ton of cash and thats what "Hollywoods"gonna do they want to fill there pockets and unfortunately so does marvel,so with all that being said BORN will only happen if someone comes along who is an actual fan of the punisher makes the movie and the EVEn WORSE PART ABOUT THAT IS,THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT WILL GO SEE IT ARE THE F'ING FANS AND EVERYBODY ELSE WHO ARE LIKE"hey lets go see the punisher ,yea he kills bad guys."WOULDNT F'ING GET IT so with all that non sense being said The punisher will indefinitely live on as a B movie action character in cinema I've been a fan of the punisher since 2004 this character has been my life ever since and it pains me to make a post like this but it's captilist "Hollywood" and as been said before people would not understand the magnatism of AWESOMENESS!!! that would be on the screen(and that would be the most awesome ending for the puisher movie ever by the way)
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Post Vietnam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

you cant really do a good story of the punisher without referencing vietnam. but the story is really about what frank castle did after vietnam, so all vietnam material has to be historical (ie flashbacks) rather than just narrative in my opinion. but i suppose thats why punisher war zone was so bad, it  didnt delve into what made castle  what he is, so vietnam is absoloutely essential to any of his stories.  but i think it'd be hard for a film audience to follow a straight vietnam story, especially one that is not familiar with the character.

kayjayzdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kayjayzdad

FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FunnyStuff707

I want it an exact retelling of Born. Exact.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Caligula

I think it would be more accessible to the casual fan or even non fan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.