Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Looking Into Punisher MAX

Liz_Lixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Liz_Lixx

Interesting article. I disagree about the female character O'Brien, though. She gets developed through the MAX series, and is pretty kick ass in Man of Stone.

StooshD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By StooshD

Nice article dude. Although i would have to disagree with your views on Garth Ennis's potrayal of woman, reading Slavers really made me question my own views on the sex trade and the way all heterosexual men view woman in such a position. Its a patriarchal world all right :(

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cap10nate

I'm still not sure how I feel about the Max line or Ennis' writing. I have been reading Fury Max and it seems like he uses what a twelve year old would think of a mature content instead of what an adult would think of as mature content. It's like he has received carte blanche on sex, swearing, and gore so he sees how many times they can be forced into the story without them adding any substance. I do have to agree with the women comment as well in relation to Fury Max because the only woman in the book so far other than the three naked hookers laying in his bed has served as a minor love interest solely to insert nudity into the book. She has probably been nude or mostly there in 70% of her appearances in the book to date.

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By bionder

The article is good, but you forget to mention Jenny Cesare she was very important in Punisher Max: Widowmaker in fact in that arc is all about her.

LSROTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LSROTJ

Someone who has no real history or understanding of the character always writes these articles and doesn’t brother to read other issues. This was O'Brien’s first appearance in the Max Punisher, was this person expecting issue after issue, page after page, plane after plane of character development for her and Shakespeare dialog???? That storyline was more about the Punisher; Ennis would write more about O'Brien later on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.