Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Is he immortal

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bringdeath

Is the Frank Immortal.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Korg

Yes. Frank has been shown to have a lifespan of over 12,000 years.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SUNMAN

no

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bringdeath

I only ask because I thought when He said yes to death that he would live until he punish's all evil.

Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe only in a punisher story they did in the late ninties when he literaly was ressurected to become the punisher.

but i dont think in any of the other series (max, war zone, war journal etc.) hes anything other than human, a  vengeful killer driven by anger.

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By XRiskyX

He has ridiculous resistance to injury (as it is to be expected from an ex-elite soldier) but he can still be killed and was shown to die of old age in a What If.

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bringdeath
    @Punish3r said:
    "He's not immortal. There are two ways of interpreting the BORN tpb. One, Frank made a deal with the Grim Reaper to live the life he always wanted; the life of  the Punisher. The second one is he had finally accepted who he really is, a killer whose sole purpose in life is to eradicate his enemies. But with the Vietnam War coming to an end, he at least has a new role to fill: a father and a husband. But fate needed him to become the Punisher and with the murder of his family, Frank let the killer out and he has never stopped since. So in no way that the deal he made made him immortal, Garth didn't intend that to happen.  Capiche?!"
    Hey you jerk don't you get an attitude about the punisher to me alright ... He's my life  I love everything about him. I was just askin a simple question that I didn't know so don't get an attitude with. Me garth ennis influenced me more than you will ever know so get a life and yes I do capiche you jacka$$ thanx for response I just misunderstood punisher BORN .....I think we should never meet again. CAPICHE?! thanx for ur response!!!!!!
    Punish3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Punish3r
    This is the reason why Punisher is not meant for kids. I hope when you grow up you'll learn not to have a sense of yourself. You are not that only one that Garth influenced and you are not the only one that loves Frank.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Molly beat him up lmfao...

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ARMIV

It'd be an interesting twist if he was.

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bringdeath

"This is the reason why Punisher is not meant for kids. I hope when you grow up you'll learn not to have a sense of yourself. You are not that only one that Garth influenced and you are not the only one that loves Frank. "
    You leave my personal life outta this ...and damn u for sayin somethin like tha I hope one day u realize... That some people got it worst than u do...No my friend i got a good sense of myself ..I know who my God is ,I know what I am ,and what not to be and You my friend have no idea what my life is like I'm more mature than you will never know. I pity you my friend because it's people like U that make know what not to be.
    Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Rothschild

Ive often wondered if he's immortal... Because certainly all those Hails of bullets, projectiles, explosions, he remains fairl intact.. They have shown him wityh alot of facial/body scars in War Journal for instence. I think it can go either way...

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ARMIV
    @bringdeath said:
    "
    "This is the reason why Punisher is not meant for kids. I hope when you grow up you'll learn not to have a sense of yourself. You are not that only one that Garth influenced and you are not the only one that loves Frank. "
    You leave my personal life outta this ...and damn u for sayin somethin like tha I hope one day u realize... That some people got it worst than u do...No my friend i got a good sense of myself ..I know who my God is ,I know what I am ,and what not to be and You my friend have no idea what my life is like I'm more mature than you will never know. I pity you my friend because it's people like U that make know what not to be. "
    Torched!
    sorry,I'll stay out of this...
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sidney

Punisher was human.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope. just a strong survivor. humans in real life have survived the things he's been hit with, especially some veterans.
    the human body can take alot more than some people understand.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

No he isn't immortal. Would die from a bullet between the eyes like any other human would. Just, the writers havent let that happen. lol.

Calm down bro with the argument with Punish3r....screw that mess. lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.