Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Is he even seen as a threat?

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By SladeRogers
    So, I've been wondering this for awhile. The Punisher, even though he is established to the readers as an anti-hero, is pretty much a serial killer in the Marvel Universe. I mean I understand he has aided a couple heroes during certain events and stuff, but nothing changes the fact he's killed and kills many lives. The question is Why haven't any of the major heads gone after Frank? I mean someone who could actually take him down and arrest him? He's doing good work, I understand, but I'm still puzzled by it? 
    cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By cody1984

@SladeRogers said:

So, I've been wondering this for awhile. The Punisher, even though he is established to the readers as an anti-hero, is pretty much a serial killer in the Marvel Universe. I mean I understand he has aided a couple heroes during certain events and stuff, but nothing changes the fact he's killed and kills many lives. The question is Why haven't any of the major heads gone after Frank? I mean someone who could actually take him down and arrest him? He's doing good work, I understand, but I'm still puzzled by it?

This is something Greg Rucka has gone on about in length in different interviews leading up to the launch of his Punisher run. He has stated multiple times that during his run Frank will gain the attention of the superhero community and they will eventually go after him. This subject is also touched upon in the Ultimate universe where Captain America with Shield agents captured Frank which lead to him initially being forced to join the avengers. Also during the original Punisher series, the original Punisher War Journal, and the original Punisher Warzone Captain America, shield, VIGIL, and others did go after Frank.

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By SladeRogers
    Thank you. That answers my question.
    bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By bionder

I miss those days when Frank was all alone vs The World.

TheAvenger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheAvenger802

i hate punisher from the 90's spider man cartoon haha what a joke. but i love him from the comics

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By bionder

"That" Punisher is based on first appearences in "Amazing Spider-Man" when he used rubber bullets lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

they cant catch him because hes much smarter than them, he knows every available escape route in New York and he can dissapear into a crowded street easily. he can outthink them tactically, he knows his environment and how to get out of it in the event of an ambush or trap. He manages to put them in a position where theyd have to kill him to stop him and he knows they wont cross that line so he gets away every time.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Hit_Monkey
    @kev17 said:
    they cant catch him because hes much smarter than them, he knows every available escape route in New York and he can dissapear into a crowded street easily. he can outthink them tactically, he knows his environment and how to get out of it in the event of an ambush or trap. He manages to put them in a position where theyd have to kill him to stop him and he knows they wont cross that line so he gets away every time.
    Amen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.