If Greg Rucka's Punisher doesn't sell..

#1 Posted by JoeEddie (484 posts) - - Show Bio

then why can I not find Punisher: War Zone #1? My comic store had one issue of War Zone # 2 which I managed to get my hands on. I went to different comic stores today and no one had issue 1 of the series.

#2 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I know online shops may not be the best of places to buy comics, but have you checked any of those?

#3 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

that's probably why no one has them...most stores only order enough of low selling books to cover the people who subscribe to it and maybe a few extra

#4 Edited by JoeEddie (484 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive:

I don't want a digital copy

@danhimself:

I didn't think about that

If I cannot find a physical copy, then I guess I will have to wait for the trade.

#5 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeEddie: You can order physical books off the Amazon and midtowncomics websites, which is what I meant initially.

#6 Posted by JoeEddie (484 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive:

Yeah, I buy all my trades from Amazon since it is so cheap. Cannot seem to find the single issue on Amazon though. I will look at midtowncomics now. Thanks

#7 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Im going to assume Punisher War Zone #1 was on low print. Took me ages to find a 1st print #1, bought mine off a friend who had a spare copy :) Apparently, 2nd prints on the way. WHY DID THEY CANCEL AN AWESOME SERIES?!?

#8 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

In order to sell, stores have to preorder 3 months in advance. If their expectations are low, they're not going to order a ton.

#9 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't find #1 either, had to resort to ebay which sucks because then you spend just as much on shipping. Sadly I checked and the only listing is for a lot of the first three and above cover price.

Also, I think Twentyfive was referring to buying a physical copy from a comic shop with an online store, not buying the digital copy. That's a good option to, but again with the shipping.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.