Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

How to Fix Punisher In Cinema

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Well he cannot have his own film again becausethey flopped, so why not have him be a supportng charcter in a marvel film or make a cameo appearance. That way he uld becomed a badass to the general audience and they can get into him. Then he could have hisown movies again down the road.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cherry Bomb

He could appear in Marvels Runaways upcomming movie  [: 

No Caption Provided

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
    what was wrong with Punisher War Zone
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

i think they should get like john woo to direct a punisher movie there's pretty much a built in audience that'd show up just cause he directed and they'd already expect the kind of hyper-violence the punisher is famous for. And base it off the barracuda storyline from punishermax (one of my personal favorites)

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LT1085

I liked both war zone and the tom jane one. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
    Punisher : War Zone was awesome... great action and it had a few comedic scenes too
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

i dont think punisher will ever be as well known as spiderman or batman but they could finnd an audience for him if they put forth a little more effort not that his last 2 movies were bad(in fact if it wasnt for travolta's overacting the tom jane one may have been more successful) its just that neither one got anywhere near the attention they gave to other marvel movies.

Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Tomokata
    @Mr. Smiths said:
    "Well he cannot have his own film again becausethey flopped, so why not have him be a supportng charcter in a marvel film or make a cameo appearance. That way he uld becomed a badass to the general audience and they can get into him. Then he could have hisown movies again down the road."
    I think this is a pretty good idea.  It would give the Punisher the opportunity to show he's a "legitimate character" in a mainstream movie.  Although, don't get me wrong, I loved War Zone, but it wasn't taken very seriously.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

course the punisher could have his own movie. As long as the filmakers treat him the right way. Films like platoon,harry brown, and apocalypse now show that the punishers story can be done properly, and with the max stories, they have plenty of quality source material. it should be made as a psychological thriller, rather than a full blown action movie. i think thats where the others failed.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @King Saturn said:
    " Punisher : War Zone was awesome... great action and it had a few comedic scenes too "
    Totally agree, to many people took it seriously and not for the ultra-violent movie it was made out to be. My biggest problem with War Zone was Jigsaw, but then again I've never really been a fan. I did like how they introduce Microchip, sucked he died though, but that movie wasn't built for a sequel.
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By warcorpse

Would work as a t.v. show?

Avatar image for imjustlikeparker
    ImJustLikeParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By ImJustLikeParker
    @King Saturn said:
    "Punisher : War Zone was awesome... great action and it had a few comedic scenes too "

Are you kidding me?  That was seriously the worst movie ever made.  Jigsaw reminded me of the 90's Batman series.  The scenes that weren't supposed to be funny made me laugh harder than the one's that were.  Loose plot.  Bad Acting.  Terrible special effects.  Forced violence.  Shall I go on?
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @ImJustLikeParker said:
    " @King Saturn said:
    "Punisher : War Zone was awesome... great action and it had a few comedic scenes too "
      Are you kidding me?  That was seriously the worst movie ever made.  Jigsaw reminded me of the 90's Batman series.  The scenes that weren't supposed to be funny made me laugh harder than the one's that were.  Loose plot.  Bad Acting.  Terrible special effects.  Forced violence.  Shall I go on? "
    So I'm guessing you haven't seen "From Dusk Til Dawn" then? 

The only part of War Zone that I really hated was his spin on the chandelier. That was awfully lame.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I actually like the Dolph Lundgren one but I think the Thomas Jane one was awesome, especially with the extended scenes. Still haven't seen War Zone. 

SnottyCane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SnottyCane
    @King Saturn:
    i loved warzone specialy jigsaw .. actually jigsaw made the movie and looney bin jim  omg specialy the broken glass scene :-D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.