How old is he?

#1 Edited by Vallary (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me how old he is? I mean he must be more than 60! It's just kinda creepy.......................

#2 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he is late 40s

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic characters don't age. He is probably late 30's early 40's

#4 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. I'm going with 27

#5 Posted by Vallary (60 posts) - - Show Bio

hello? he can't be 40 or even 27, his family died 30 years ago! and he was a soldier, had a family, 2 kids, a whole build-up life. i mean, come on, saing he's 40 is just rediculus

#6 Posted by VillainousV (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude's gotta be late forties early fifties age range. The perfect aging for wackadoo!! XD

He's so crazy....................

#7 Posted by Colt (122 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm.... they seemed to have blacked it out on the cover of punisher #44 of the 2004 series....

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"I think he is late 40s"
Not even close.The Punisher is 36\37.
#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

How in the hell did he serve in Vietnam if he's 36/37?? That's a pretty bad oversight, even with Marvel's sliding timeline.

#10 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"How in the hell did he serve in Vietnam if he's 36/37?? That's a pretty bad oversight, even with Marvel's sliding timeline."
Im going with 45/50
#11 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, unless he served as a toddler...

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio

The Punisher is younger than Iron Man...Iron Man was 38/39 during Civil War.So there is no way he's over 40.

#13 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, Marvel continuity, you cut-up. If Punisher only served in the last year of the Vietnam war he would have been like 5-7 years old haha.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Oh, Marvel continuity, you cut-up. If Punisher only served in the last year of the Vietnam war he would have been like 5-7 years old haha."
It's possible the reason people seem younger than they should be...may have something to do with Heroes Reborn.Most of Marvel's main heroes should be at least 60 or older by real world time.
#15 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Korg said:
"Oh, Marvel continuity, you cut-up. If Punisher only served in the last year of the Vietnam war he would have been like 5-7 years old haha."
It's possible the reason people seem younger than they should be...may have something to do with Heroes Reborn.Most of Marvel's main heroes should be at least 60 or older by real world time."
YEah i see that but in his reality hes somehow 45-50
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Korg said:
It's possible the reason people seem younger than they should be...may have something to do with Heroes Reborn.Most of Marvel's main heroes should be at least 60 or older by real world time."
YEah i see that but in his reality hes somehow 45-50"
He's 38.
#17 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadliest 5-year-old ever.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Deadliest 5-year-old ever."
He should have logically been 5 but he wasn't.
#19 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a joke, Vance.

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"It's a joke, Vance."
I know but i'm a douchebag.
#21 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Just imagine an X-Babies style Frank Castle running around the jungles of Vietnam tearing it up.

#22 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio
Colt said:
"hmmm.... they seemed to have blacked it out on the cover of punisher #44 of the 2004 series...."
my pikachu beat your's...even though mine looked like it got owned
#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
Zenma said:
"Colt said:
"hmmm.... they seemed to have blacked it out on the cover of punisher #44 of the 2004 series...."
my pikachu beat your's...even though mine looked like it got owned"
#24 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Five yr. old Punisher wins

#25 Posted by punisherette (2 posts) - - Show Bio

The punisher's first appearance was in 1974.. so he's 34?

I saw this T on ebay and they had all his stats except for his age

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=260322763378

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
punisherette said:
"The punisher's first appearance was in 1974.. so he's 34?

I saw this T on ebay and they had all his stats except for his age

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=260322763378"
subtracting 1974 by 2008 is not how you figure out how old he is.
#27 Posted by Mr. Punisher (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Spider-man was a teenager in the 60's and he's in his late 20's now so it's not real time.

#28 Posted by God's Son (31 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Punisher said:
"Yeah Spider-man was a teenager in the 60's and he's in his late 20's now so it's not real time."
Spider-Man was retconned.
#29 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

He's old enough

#30 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Early 40's

#31 Edited by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

depends. MAX says hes born in 1950. i prefer to think he stays 47 forever.
#32 Edited by Vallary (60 posts) - - Show Bio
@kev17: According to MAX, His wife Maria was born 1948 and killed 1976. So, he HAD to be already 30 back then, he was a giant muscle, he has been at war many times and so on and so on - even 25 was impossible. 30 is absolute minimum and i mean - minimum. 40 would be far more accurate. But then he's supposed to be 70 now. And he didn't change a bit since 1976. And his wife could not be much older. I thing she was in fact younger than him.
It COULD be because of his contract with some kind of evil force in Punisher: Born, where he agreed to be given opportunity to never quit war like he always wanted, but then the voice in his head said that for that it's going to take his family, but the memories of this were deleted from Castle's mind in an instant, so he wasn't able to prevent their deaths.
but why was it never mentioned again?
#33 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

hes old man I say even early 40s is pushing it.....I say he became the punisher at 40 and hes like 45 -47 now HAS to be. 
but as old as he is he really shouldnt be as bad ass as he is age should take a toll
#34 Edited by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vallary:
Well i dont know about all that, im just going by what ive read about him. i dont mean he stays 47 for an eternity or anything, but that just seems the perfect age for him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.