Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

How Do You Prefer His Arsenal?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

In his 616 stories, do you prefer Frank to use conventional/more realistic weapons or do you like the character using sc-fi/fictional gear such as Pumpkin Bombs, laser guns, the Satan Claw, Pym Particles etc?

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By bionder

I prefer realistic weaponry... But if the threat is greater to handle with conventional weapons why not to try something "different"? It wouldn't be de first time.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

The only incarnation of the Punisher I enjoy is the MAX one, under Garth Ennis. When he's written as 'real-world' as possible with 'real-world' ordnance is when I find him most enjoyable. Punisher in tights and fighting supervillains with gadgets just isn't my thing - I feel like I can get that kind of stuff from any other comic vigilante.

Avatar image for davethepunisher
    DaveThePunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Typically I have only liked it when the Punisher has used real world weapons. He is a marine so he should use the weapons a marine would use.

That being said, I really liked how Rucka had the Punisher use various superhero weapons in a real world setting. He used them very scarcely and they were only used for the payoff of a big mission. Not for every-day criminals. For example, I don't think the Punisher should be swinging around with Spider-Man's web shooters every night... but for him to use them ONCE for a mission to take down a big time bad guy would be just fine.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

As with most, Punisber Max is my main man. I love reading him rambling on with firearm jargin.

Definitely real word weapons for me.

LSROTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well said Veshark

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.