Frank's real name is what?

#1 Edited by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

There two comic book series that tells the story of the Punisher, the MAX and the 616 universe. That we know, but what is his name in 616 and MAX? Is it different or the same? I dunno and it confuses the hell out of me! Plus he had a son right? His name was Francis David "Frank" Castle Jr. and since he is the Jr., then Frank's name is Francis David "Frank" Castle, you know with the Sr? There was also the Italian name Castiglione, which he changed to Castle in order to illegally serve a third tour in Vietnam. I think I'm going cross-eyed! I need insights my friends. Thanks!

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Francis David Casteliogne Jr. He shortened it to Castle.

#3 Edited by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the Sr. right? Does it apply for MAX and the 616?

#4 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

The name is the same in both MAX and 616, he changed it in both for whatever the reason. In the 616 it had to do with serving another tour in Vietnam while in the MAX I believe it had something to do with his law enforcement background. I could be wrong, about why he changed them, but I know he changed them.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" The name is the same in both MAX and 616, he changed it in both for whatever the reason. In the 616 it had to do with serving another tour in Vietnam while in the MAX I believe it had something to do with his law enforcement background. I could be wrong, about why he changed them, but I know he changed them. "
I could have sworn Punisher's MAX is canon.
#6 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: You might be right, I remember seeing his family's head stone in one issue where it had the name Casteliogne on it. Perhaps when they call him Castle its a nick name he had. I am gonna have to take a look through my MAX titles to double check, I'll let y'all know later in the day.
#7 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

MAX is not n sync with the 616 universe. So I guess it is different. I think.

#8 Posted by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Francis (frank) Castle in everything but punisher MAX . its Francis David Castiglione in MAX continuity.

#9 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio
@kev17 said:
" Francis (frank) Castle in everything but punisher MAX . its Francis David Castiglione in MAX continuity. "
With the Sr. because he had a son after, is it that correct?
#10 Posted by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

yep. His sons francis jr. His fathers david.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.