Frankencastle????????

#1 Posted by bringdeath (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats up with this frankencastle stuff i am confursed and yes I mean confursed

#2 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

my theory is since its now comic law one main character in each of the big twos univers must be dead at a time . an since captian america steve rogers is coming back their gona ice the punisher .sorta super hero corpse karma . 

other than that i have no idea.but so far it looks not good .
#3 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked Punisher to begin with

#4 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

thought it was slang for that Punisher is to be severly injured and kept alive by machines attached to him.

#5 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

heres the alt covers an they say its like a clue ... 

#6 Posted by bringdeath (270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Marshal Victory said:
"my theory is since its now comic law one main character in each of the big twos univers must be dead at a time . an since captian america steve rogers is coming back their gona ice the punisher .sorta super hero corpse karma .  other than that i have no idea.but so far it looks not good . "

yea thats what i think's gonna happen I love the punisher but this is just weird so I  think Either there gonna kill him off so cap can take the spotlight back or Frank is going to be a very disfigured person.....
#7 Edited by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@bringdeath:
yeah i dig punisher to think last i collected when i got comics regular was warzone up to 13 .used to have a glow in the dark punisher skull t shirt to an key chain skull in stainless steel i think. 
i could think of a beter story than this frankencaslte crap .punisher takes over for the scourge ,nabs some of normans biger better weapons.high brow super hero stuff with ironmanish armor for a bit.but no we get him looking like one hose leek an he stains the carpet with raditor fluid !  
jiggsaw would laugh so hard he'd split his stiches.
i think punisher max is still going ?
#8 Posted by Ikari (91 posts) - - Show Bio

So he's going to clash with Daken, loses badly and gets chopped up. Gets stitched up by someone and becomes a frankenstein-like monster

#9 Posted by Storm Rider (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I'll wait until I see what this is all about, but it looks bad. I was really liking the new 616 Punisher series, too. As a longtime fan since 1987 I'd have to say that  this looks like it could end up ranking right down there with "demonslayer Punisher" working for heaven and "Punisher  as a mob boss" as low-points for the character.

Oh well, saves me money and eliminates the last Marvel book on my pull list if this ends up sucking as badly as it looks like it will. 

#10 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

These last few months I have really lost interest in The Punisher, Liked his Dark Reign up to a point but this could be the nail in the coffin for me I'm afraid.

#11 Posted by Storm Rider (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the info from the solicitation for issue #11:

"Written by RICK REMENDER Penciled by TONY MOORE Cover by DAVE WILKINS "FRANKEN-CASTLE" PART 1 - In the belly of New York, skulking and forgotten creatures of the night uncover the remains of a man in a familiar outfit. Frank Castle is dead. What exactly IS Frankencastle? Long time collaborators Rick Remender and Tony Moore (GHOST RIDER, Fear Agent, The Walking Dead) are reunited for what will be the greatest struggle in the afterlife of the Punisher. Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster"

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I think I'm canceling my subscription with the LCS before this gets started. For a longtime Punisher fan, this feels like 1998-99 and the "God's hitman/avenging angel" garbage all over again.

Garth Ennis saved The Punisher last time. How're they going to retcon this nonsense? Or is it finally the end for the money-making franchise Marvel has never really understood? 

#12 Posted by bringdeath (270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Rider said:
"Here's the info from the solicitation for issue #11:  "Written by RICK REMENDER Penciled by TONY MOORE Cover by DAVE WILKINS "FRANKEN-CASTLE" PART 1 - In the belly of New York, skulking and forgotten creatures of the night uncover the remains of a man in a familiar outfit. Frank Castle is dead. What exactly IS Frankencastle? Long time collaborators Rick Remender and Tony Moore (GHOST RIDER, Fear Agent, The Walking Dead) are reunited for what will be the greatest struggle in the afterlife of the Punisher. Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster"  Well, it was fun while it lasted. I think I'm canceling my subscription with the LCS before this gets started. For a longtime Punisher fan, this feels like 1998-99 and the "God's hitman/avenging angel" garbage all over again. Garth Ennis saved The Punisher last time. How're they going to retcon this nonsense? Or is it finally the end for the money-making franchise Marvel has never really understood?  "

Dude I totally agree with you and thanx for this I couldnt find it anywhere... 

Well I guess the darkness is going to my number one spot,sorry franky but,this time i'tll take a miracle Cough "garth ennis" Cough
#13 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Frankencastle, sounds good to me.

Sooner or later this was going to happen to Frank, not because he's only human. He doesn't have the luxuries of Batman or Nick Fury. To the best of my knowledge Fank has always had minimal help and resources for his war on crime, taking as much as he can get: but that will only get you so far when fighting real super villians on your own.  So lets sew him up and put Frank back together again. He's gonna get the job done one whay or another.  

However I do question his association with the Legion of Monstors. We'll see
#14 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a recent article from Marvel with some Q&A with Rick Remender.

"One of my primary goals coming to the book was to help redefine or refresh Frank's motivations, to question what it is that drives this force of nature after so many years of losing his family," the writer relates. "Frank is a monster on the inside. He damned well has been through enough, so it's not hard to see why, but he's a monster all the same, and the next year's worth of stories leans into that. Readers won't believe what Frank does in PUNISHER #10. I think it's a moment that helps to redefine who he is and why he does what he does. That leads in thematically [to] where he's left physically in issue #11."

It sounds like we have about a year of Frankencastle to read. I'm on the fence. I've been a long time fan of Punisher, but this is a bit too far for me. I think I may pick up #10 and #11, but I'm about 50/50 for #12+ if it continues.
#15 Edited by Donovan Montgomery (5450 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see, aside from what has been mentioned, we have also seen Punisher cut up like Jigsaw then his skin toned black, oh he also got locked up by his "helper" Micro and eventually killed him....this is just another step in the ladder to ideas running out for the man with a gun. 
But we all know he will just return stronger and even better after this run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.