Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Franken Punisher Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Mr. Punisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mr. Punisher

Personally I kinda like the idea while I hope he eventually goes back to normal I think Franken Punisher looks pretty cool but what do you guys think?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

you mean Frankencastle? Don't personally like the idea

Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

have to say im not into it. sounds like something the writers made out of an ad Lib and thought it'd be a good idea.
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Could well be the most stupid idea since Sabastian Stupid won the Mister Stupid competition for the third year running on a technicality.

No i dont like it, however im open to the very slight off chance that they might pull somthing out of the bag.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ARMIV

Yeah,I hope this is just a one time fling...either bring him back to normal,or...actually,just bring him back.

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jamesewelch

They've already stated that Frankencastle is going to be going on for at least a year (or maybe 10 issues). After Dark Reign: The List Punisher, I don't think Frank can go back to normal unless  they do a total reboot.

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@jamesewelch:
    I'm betting he can.  I wish he wouldn't, but I'm betting he will. 
    Im loving the idea of Frankencastle.  Remender's run on the Punisher has been simply amazing.
    Mr. Punisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr. Punisher
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon:
    Yeah I mean he looks friggin cool and he combines two of my fav characters Punisher and Frankenstein
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I kind of like the idea but I don't like the idea of Frank being stuck as a monster.

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jamesewelch

I'm not too fond of the concept. I'd rather Marvel just introduced a new character/series and canceled the Punisher series, instead of doing this.

I'm taking this Punisher series off my pull list. It's just jumped the shark a bit too far for my Punisher likes. The new Punisher:Max series should be out soon, so I'm thinking of adding that series to my pull list for my Punisher fix.

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bringdeath
    @jamesewelch said:
    "I'm not too fond of the concept. I'd rather Marvel just introduced a new character/series and canceled the Punisher series, instead of doing this.  I'm taking this Punisher series off my pull list. It's just jumped the shark a bit too far for my Punisher likes. The new Punisher:Max series should be out soon, so I'm thinking of adding that series to my pull list for my Punisher fix. "

Yea dude I totally agree rick has just made me wanna punch him in the face I think the new max series is gonna bring the true punisher back.....hopefully my fingers are crossed
    Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Brit
    @bringdeath said:
    " @jamesewelch said:
    "I'm not too fond of the concept. I'd rather Marvel just introduced a new character/series and canceled the Punisher series, instead of doing this.  I'm taking this Punisher series off my pull list. It's just jumped the shark a bit too far for my Punisher likes. The new Punisher:Max series should be out soon, so I'm thinking of adding that series to my pull list for my Punisher fix. "
    Yea dude I totally agree rick has just made me wanna punch him in the face I think the new max series is gonna bring the true punisher back.....hopefully my fingers are crossed "
    mine too..
    Dark Sandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dark Sandman

I'm a huge Punisher fan and have read almost any comic that has Frank in it. Personally, I consider it a very bad idea and anyway I don't like the Punisher being a monster. I mean a mindless monster that hunts criminal bacause of what? Let's see if they can at least make it bearable. And yes I wonna go at Rick Remender Punisher-style(along with Howard Chaykin they massacred the last 10 issues-I think- of the War Zone). And also hate the new max series. Steve Dillon sucks! Get Dave Johnson to draw more than the cover for chrissakes! 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By castleking
    horrible idea.
    Vallary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vallary

This is a disgusting, horrible idea!! Why do we love Castle? Because he is above this silly caped superheroes crap!
     We love him cuz when a wife of a criminal, who killed people without hesitation with her husband, is giving birth to a baby at Christmas, he helps her and takes care of the baby, but the bitch gets the bullet anyway! We love him because if a criminal gives him a shot with poison and demands Punisher working for him for the antidote, Frank just shoots the arsehole and gets going. Because it is murder murder murder and no games, no at all.
    I HATE Punisher being part of normal superhero comics. Its just not. his. thing. He is a normal guy with guns. So if I see Punisher taking part in a ridiculous fight wit some uninteresting oldschool villain in silly costumes, I want to kill the writer. Punisher: MAX should be the only comics in the world about Castle, every other comics turns him into a fool. He is so cool it the reals world, but he looks so stupid and wrong on the same pages as Spiderman or, God forgive me, Stilt-Man. PLEAAASE.
    But this... this... it is SO bad I just dunno what to say. I can tell that this horrible writer will not get my money and that I am not reading this CRAP ever. I am so angry. If they cancel MAX, it will kill me, because I will miss Frank Castle.
    To HELL with Frankin, I hope this morons dont get a single dollar out of this crap. I am tru  ly disgusted,

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Nerx

Vomit worthy

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DEGRAAF

they need to just kill him. they only way to bring him back should be by magic, someone with the ability to heal or let the real frank die and have norman Osborn have a prgrammed clone to do his bidding that later goes haywire and basically gains control of himself and goes back to what punisher was originally doing
    AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AngeTheDude

This comic wasn't bad at all. All you whiners need to get over yourselves. The only way any good ideas get through is if they take some risks. This is risky, and to me, it's quite good. Are you guys really that desperate to read the same old crap rehashed over and over again?

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mutant X

I was thinking about grabbing the comic, but I changed my mind after I skimmed through and realized how corny everything looked.

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @AngeTheDude:
    Yeah I'm with you man. While this may not be the best idea Marvel has had it's not the worst, and it is interisting.
    berkuralcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By berkuralcan

I hate what they have done to Punisher. It's disgusting, makes no sense whatsoever. However, I do agree that the Punisher title needed a change. Well, maybe not this much, but he needs to do something else than being the "Hardcore Charismatic Loner Vigilante". 

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I had a flick though when I passed by a shop i used to frequent the other day, the art wasnt to bad but what little i could make of the story seemed very poor indeed

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

It's not a bad idea it's just going to be poorly executed as far as I have seen.....

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AngeTheDude

Saying that you "skimmed" it and made a judgment based on that alone doesn't help any of your arguments. How fickle.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Bad Idea

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Korg

Mediocre idea - could be great, could be terrible, it all depends on the execution. The idea itself is better than Monkey Hitman, IMO, so that's something. Haven't read it because it sold out, but I'll probably get the trade eventually (if it's any good), since Marvel started charging me extra for glossy ads this year (seriously, Marvel, get it together).

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By brc2000

I guess it'll be fine for a while but I hope they change him back eventually somehow (my making a deal with the Hood or someone, I dunno). There just aren't too many major characters in the Earth-616  Marvel Universe that aren't super-powered beings, spell-casters, martial artists, mutants, cyborgs, power-suit users, monsters and aliens, and it'll be a shame losing another. If it goes on longer than 5-6 issues I'll definitely be disappointed, especially if he's going to be hanging out with the Legion of Monsters for the remaining issues. It just doesnt seem characteristic for him to be working with such characters.

Plaguetouch83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Plaguetouch83

its a good ideea,,he deserves it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0585d0ee80a
    deactivated-5e0585d0ee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

boo frankencastle..the punisher was the most gritty, down to earth character there was and now hes this ridiculous mess..and how the hell are they ever gonna bring him back from it

Mr. Punisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mr. Punisher
    @maxblur07:
    Well I like the idea naturally I don't want him to stay this way. As for back to normal, Frankencastle is killed, and is cloned by some spy agency to be a weapon, but the clone slowly gains Franks memories, soon the clone thinks he is Frank and their you go.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31  Edited By The_Martian

I'm glad they are trying something new with Punisher. He needs a change, not exactly the way I would have went with it though. But at least they are trying.

Avatar image for rorschach_s_ghost
    Rorschach's Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they'll end it with the idea that awhile ago Frank was cloned and this Frank hasn't been the real Frank for a long while... Maybe since Cap died and he handed over the cap mantle. So now that things have spiraled into the twilight zone, real Frank can be discovered and we either get two characters or real Frank hunts Frankencastle. Who knows...

Is it a good idea? Creatively the pun works and honestly Frankencastle really is just just exaggeration of Frank Castle. He's always been the gritty rugged beat up gun happy nothing pretty ruthless killing machine... and right now he takes that up a notch. Permanent? God I hope not unless they bring back old Punisher at the same time and let this one go off on his own (hey, we've got venom / carnage / toxin / hybrid and anti-venom outta the original symbiote idea right?)...

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ironshadow

I haven't read it but I will, but I do think it's stupid they should have made Frank a Ghost Rider

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By ComicStooge
    @ironshadow:
    That could actually be pretty cool...
    Vathers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vathers

It's not that bad.  I've read quite a bit so far and it's actually pretty entertaining except for the fact Frank is undead.  I mean that is technically what he is people.  He's a zombie of a man.  But let's not forget Frank was cursed before too and he came back from that.  I think they could do it again.  I mean he wasn't the only Punisher but he was the original Punisher and seeing as he's made a deal with the devil, been an angel, and come back from the dead twice plus come back after that undead.....

Frank's been a pretty easy write.

grkpektis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By grkpektis

Horrible idea.  I read remender's run on the punisher religiously until that dumb story came out I won't pick it up unless he is back to normal.

Remender said the story was going to go on for more than one arc but the solits say other wise.

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jamesewelch
    @grkpektis:  Which solits are you referring to? The latest Marvel May solits still have Frankencastle on the cover.

It's a bit harder to see, but he still has the stich on the forehead and mechanical arm thing on his shoulder.

I think he's normal Frank in other Marvel 616 comic series, but he's still Frankencastle in the Punisher 616 series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.