Frank David Castiglione

#1 Edited by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm referring to the MAX version of the Punisher. Ok, Francis "Frank" David Castiglione is his birth name then he changed his last name to Castle. When and why? 

#2 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

Well don't quote me on this, but when Frank joined the police he might have changed his name to Castle to sound less Italian, which back in the day was a mark against those joining a police force because of the mafia. Again don't quote me on that, but it does sound like a good enough explination to me :)

#3 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Hehehe you have a solid point there!!

#4 Posted by dan6433 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

he changed his name to Castle to illegally re-enlist to do a fourth tour in Vietnam

#5 Edited by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude I'm referring to the MAX version of the Punisher not the 616. If you've read the Punisher: Born and the Tyger and every bits and pieces of the series, he only had THREE tours in Nam. Do you know Firebase Valley Forge? It was his third and final tour.

#6 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank's son's name is Francis David Castle Jr. but before it was Castiglione.

#7 Edited by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont like the castiglione name i prefer castle

just seems more punisher to me

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.