Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Frank David Castiglione

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Brit

I'm referring to the MAX version of the Punisher. Ok, Francis "Frank" David Castiglione is his birth name then he changed his last name to Castle. When and why? 

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Well don't quote me on this, but when Frank joined the police he might have changed his name to Castle to sound less Italian, which back in the day was a mark against those joining a police force because of the mafia. Again don't quote me on that, but it does sound like a good enough explination to me :)

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Brit

Hehehe you have a solid point there!!

dan6433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dan6433

he changed his name to Castle to illegally re-enlist to do a fourth tour in Vietnam

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Brit

Dude I'm referring to the MAX version of the Punisher not the 616. If you've read the Punisher: Born and the Tyger and every bits and pieces of the series, he only had THREE tours in Nam. Do you know Firebase Valley Forge? It was his third and final tour.

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Brit

Frank's son's name is Francis David Castle Jr. but before it was Castiglione.

Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i dont like the castiglione name i prefer castle

just seems more punisher to me

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.