Can Their Be a Real Life Punisher

• 55 results
#1 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Can it? If a person is a skilled fighter and is smart who knows how to use weapons and fearful is it possible?
#2 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio

of course their could, but he probably would shoot some innocent bystander by accident then blow his brains out
#3 Posted by Vortex13 (12156 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea it's posible someone could start out and do something like that but they'd die pretty quick after all those vest aren't bullet proof they're bullet resistant.

#4 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'm sure there could be.

#5 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Not as "effective" as Frank but yeah there could be. It'd be a hell of a hobby and the poor shmuck would probably get himself killed.

#6 Edited by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but they can't go for long. The cops would catch them or they'd make a mistake. Also, the Punisher takes a massive amount of physical damage for someone without a healing factor. In real life, some stuff just doesn't heal. You'd be hobbling down the road with a cane trying to kill criminals.
Update: Same thing with Batman, actually.

#7 Posted by jloneblackheart (5465 posts) - - Show Bio

Law enforcement tends to frown upon vigilantes. He would be caught, or a cop killer then caught, in no time.

#8 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

Would only last for about 1 or 2 missions before getting arrested. But it would be kind of cool......

#9 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" Can it? If a person is a skilled fighter and is smart who knows how to use weapons and fearful is it possible? "
tell you what, get and read this book. its an actual scientific, forensic, and otherwise study done by experts
to determine if a real person can become a super vigalante and how to do it with major or limited resources.

#10 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Sidney said:
" Can it? If a person is a skilled fighter and is smart who knows how to use weapons and fearful is it possible? "
tell you what, get and read this book. its an actual scientific, forensic, and otherwise study done by experts
to determine if a real person can become a super vigalante and how to do it with major or limited resources.

"
Whoa did you read that? That's crazy.
#11 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i did. it is.
i mean, you could actually do it. that book even explains everything down to the smallest detail,
from scaling walls, driving a custom armor proofed mobile sideways through an alley in a chase,
making anti-toxins, throwing and returning a batarang, ect, ect.

#12 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

here was a review...

At one time or another, we've all fantasized about being super heroes. The problem has always been that radioactive spider bites and sun-inspired superpowers are a bit hard to come by. But with The Batman Handbook, this lifelong fantasy can finally become a reality.

With sections on "How to Throw a Batarang," "How to Make a Batsuit," and "How to Bulletproof Your Batmobile," this is the ultimate real-world training manual for any aspiring caped crusader. You'll discover how to:

- Train a Sidekick
- Execute a Backflip
- Survive a Poison Gas Attack
- Throw a Grappling Hook
- plus dozens of other crucial skills

With original two-color illustrations by a DC Comics artist, The Batman Handbook has the information you'll need to emerge victorious against any criminal mastermind. And with Batman Begins releasing in June 2005, and the new animated series The Batman! launched in Fall 2004, The Batman Handbook is sure to be a hit.

----
having read this book, id say 100% yes, there could be a real Punisher, among other human superheros/villians if one where inclined.
#13 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be like Superman. Only stop the evil doers the cops cannot. Lets say their is a killer on the loose and cops try but cannot bring him down. BOOM! I step in. You see Superman only brings down aliens or other super villians. He does not bring down the average criminal. He figures the cops can bring them down. Now if he comes across a women lets say getting raped then he will step in. But if he is chilling at his crib drinking beer and hear drug dealers are trying to be brought down by the cops, Superman would do nothing. He would feel like I said cops have this. 

Now if its an alien invasion or something like that and a super villian no cops can stop then he steps in like I said. I would be like that. Bring down criminals the cops cannot bring down. I would give them awhile to bring them down but if they cannot. I step in. Should not be crime fighting every night and by doing that criminals gets worried. Is this guy a myth or legend? Is he human? I better watch out for this guy he may come for me. Plus I would have no rules. If I had to I kill a criminal.
#14 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

CATMANEXE I do not want you to post in my thread anymore. Move along now.
#15 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" CATMANEXE I do not want you to post in my thread anymore. Move along now. "
k. gotta say something. this guy is pissed at me for mentioning this book, and has PMd me for hours now, swaring and even saying he was going to punch me in the face.  watch what you post around this one.
#16 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Sidney said:
k. gotta say something. this guy is pissed at me for mentioning this book, and has PMd me for hours now, swaring and even saying he was going to punch me in the face.  watch what you post around this one. "
Lol why's he mad at you? XD.
#17 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant X said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
" @Sidney said:
k. gotta say something. this guy is pissed at me for mentioning this book, and has PMd me for hours now, swaring and even saying he was going to punch me in the face.  watch what you post around this one. "
Lol why's he mad at you? XD. "
he thinks the book is crap (but used more colorful words)
the rest i couldnt even figure out, bunch of stuff about the mob and whatnot. 
also cause i said yes, i thought it was possible. i mean two PMs at a time for hours now.
he says he's going to beat me up.lol. wow! the internet sometimes.
#18 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Mutant X said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
" @Sidney said:
Lol why's he mad at you? XD. "
he thinks the book is crap (but used more colorful words) the rest i couldnt even figure out, bunch of stuff about the mob and whatnot.  also cause i said yes, i thought it was possible. i mean two PMs at a time for hours now. he says he's going to beat me up.lol. wow! the internet sometimes. "
LMAO XD.
#19 Posted by Lunacyde (17387 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
"Can it? If a person is a skilled fighter and is smart who knows how to use weapons and fearful is it possible? "

Fearful isn't the word you want here.
#20 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" @Sidney said:
"Can it? If a person is a skilled fighter and is smart who knows how to use weapons and fearful is it possible? "
Fearful isn't the word you want here. "
True. I think the word he's looking for would be "fearless".
#21 Posted by Lunacyde (17387 posts) - - Show Bio

Or fearsome?
#22 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

CATMANEXE would not answer questions that I asked him, and told me in a rude manner to move along now. So I got pissed and said I wish I could see him so I can punch him in the face. Dude if you gonna tell the story. Tell it right.
#23 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

wow. woke up and this nut here sent me more PMs, swearing at me and threats and what not. lol.
like i told you then, i answered your question, right in this forum. alls i did was suggest a book to read.
dam your a troubled man.

#24 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to think there could be one, but the world is messed up enough as it is without a pale shadow of a Punisher running around in it, Damn, never thought id come to that conclution.

#25 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney: 
Dude, its a public forum on a public site. You can't tell people not to post in "your" thread because "you" don't own the thread. I don't know what happened between you two but you can't censor other people for voicing an opinion. Sheesh!
 I don't see what Superman has to do with this thread.

And yes, hypothetically there COULD be a real life Punisher, but he wouldn't last long. It would take an extraordinary amount of planning to take down one room full of mobsters. The best bet anyone has would be to map out the escape exits and plant explosives on any emergency exits. Unless you are a COMPLETE whacko you'd want to limit the number of civilian casualties, so you'd have to wait for them to be in an area that isn't populated. I'd say the quickest way to take them out would be a grenade launcher, or rocket launcher if you could get one. Snipe any stragglers or people that manage to make it through a door you didn't rig with explosives. 

Now you'll have all these goons on the hunt for you. The mobs would take more precautions and not be seen together as much. You'd get sloppy eventually and fall into one of their traps.just trying to kill a couple low lifes and get ambushed from some hired thugs. Now you're dead. Big Party!
#26 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

The beauty of Punisher, in all its gore and glory, is that it is actually a realistic scenario. At least more realistic than a man who sticks on walls and a man who turns into a green monster whenever he's angry.  

Which is why I can't wrap my head around the constant failures for a good and successful Punisher film. There really is nothing that can hurt the film besides the story and the acting. While that is the 2 most important parts of any film, the others also have to take the graphics and special effects into consideration. Meanwhile, a film on Punisher doesn't need much of that. 

Yes, some will choos the Thomas Jane Punisher over the Ray Stevenson one. But the truth is, both films were not successful. I really want a good Punisher film, but I'm afraid to want Marvel wasting another film on this character when they can use it for another one we haven't seen yet.
#27 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" Or fearsome? "
Ya know. Either way.
#28 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phorqe said:
" @Sidney:  Dude, its a public forum on a public site. You can't tell people not to post in "your" thread because "you" don't own the thread. I don't know what happened between you two but you can't censor other people for voicing an opinion. Sheesh!  I don't see what Superman has to do with this thread. And yes, hypothetically there COULD be a real life Punisher, but he wouldn't last long. It would take an extraordinary amount of planning to take down one room full of mobsters. The best bet anyone has would be to map out the escape exits and plant explosives on any emergency exits. Unless you are a COMPLETE whacko you'd want to limit the number of civilian casualties, so you'd have to wait for them to be in an area that isn't populated. I'd say the quickest way to take them out would be a grenade launcher, or rocket launcher if you could get one. Snipe any stragglers or people that manage to make it through a door you didn't rig with explosives.   Now you'll have all these goons on the hunt for you. The mobs would take more precautions and not be seen together as much. You'd get sloppy eventually and fall into one of their traps.just trying to kill a couple low lifes and get ambushed from some hired thugs. Now you're dead. Big Party!"

Dude you can use a rocket launcher and blow the building up. Simple. Do not have to go in their shotting people up. Plus you kill mobsters/gangsters it will not be many of them that will be around. So how they gonna spring traps up? Do they know where you even be when killing people? No!  

Besides you kill mobsters and gangsters and ton of them, people would fear you and be nuts to go after you.
#29 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney: 

1, I'm pretty sure the only rocket launchers that could take out more than a couple rooms are on tanks, not portable/shoulder mounted. Unless you made the rocket launcher yourself , the government would know who you are and would come after you quick. 

2, Its organized crime, not Morons Inc. There are levels of command,  middleman and outside professionals. If mob members start getting killed, they would go into hiding.Most likely they would try and bait who ever is killing them by setting up a meeting.

3, There are plenty of people that hunt down killers.... like the police and military, for example. If its believable that there is an individual "nuts" enough to kill mobsters and gang members, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that someone would be "nuts" enough to go after that person.
#30 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that there definitely could be a Punisher-esque vigilante. In fact, there's probably one out there now somewhere......I'd be surprised if there wasn't. It'd be a extremely dangerous "occupation", but it could be done to some degree of efficiency. It'd just be hard to keep going without getting caught or dying.

Also, Catman, that book sounds sort of awesome and I kind of want to read it.

#31 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phorqe said:
" @Sidney:   1, I'm pretty sure the only rocket launchers that could take out more than a couple rooms are on tanks, not portable/shoulder mounted. Unless you made the rocket launcher yourself , the government would know who you are and would come after you quick.   2, Its organized crime, not Morons Inc. There are levels of command,  middleman and outside professionals. If mob members start getting killed, they would go into hiding.Most likely they would try and bait who ever is killing them by setting up a meeting.  3, There are plenty of people that hunt down killers.... like the police and military, for example. If its believable that there is an individual "nuts" enough to kill mobsters and gang members, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that someone would be "nuts" enough to go after that person."

Well well point. But police will do shit. Police barely go after criminals these days. I knopw a women who was rapped by a guy and cop cars just drove past like it was nothing. Military however they have bigger threats to worry about. 

Also mobsters/gangsters would go into hiding, true but the person would be extremely smart in doing the job. Afterawhile killing mobsters/gangters. Go on low profile yourself. Mobsters/gangsters think the person went away or died. Then BOOM! Killing starts again.  

#32 Edited by bringdeath (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay Guys calm down...IS it possible for there to be a real punisher..well take into account..that Frank's life is hell on earth he lost everything dear to him and lives in utter pain he's hunted by the worst criminals and law..If there was a real punisher......you have to understand that people will die innocent people.....people will be influenced to do what he does..a real vigilnte would drive the world into chaos ...his type of justice would be chaos so....techniclly no  there couldnt be a real punisher because his type of justice would be chaos and to many innocent people would die and there's no amount of planning that could stop that the body is only humanthe soul is only human and as explained in the punisher widowmaker arc jenny ceasre said it best "No human being should have to bear this much pain."Sidney I complement you on bringing this forum to the light but there couldnt be a punisher as advanced as our technology is and the fact that no one can bear that... no one can take that much pain..the darkness is not a fun thing the punisher dwells in darkness and knows he destined for hell ,his type of justice is immortal but chaotic..Thats what makes him special.
#33 Posted by Lord's Angel (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Repost

#34 Posted by bringdeath (270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phorqe said:
" @Sidney:   1, I'm pretty sure the only rocket launchers that could take out more than a couple rooms are on tanks, not portable/shoulder mounted. Unless you made the rocket launcher yourself , the government would know who you are and would come after you quick.   2, Its organized crime, not Morons Inc. There are levels of command,  middleman and outside professionals. If mob members start getting killed, they would go into hiding.Most likely they would try and bait who ever is killing them by setting up a meeting.  3, There are plenty of people that hunt down killers.... like the police and military, for example. If its believable that there is an individual "nuts" enough to kill mobsters and gang members, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that someone would be "nuts" enough to go after that person."

Dude Frank said it best when you go to war "You bleed em to death"
#35 Posted by drone.devil (47 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it's possible, but not on the same scale.

so, i guess it's a yes/no type thing.

he'd have to pick his targets carefully, keep changing his M.O....stay on the move.

The Punisher has taken out entire crime families (or at least very large portions of them), that's just not possible.  Perhaps one man could seriously cripple ONE family to a point where they could no longer sustain their dwindling empire.  But to take on multiple families?....nah.

Even if a man was THAT good, he'd eventually be apprehended, and if he's like the punisher he would more than likely allow himself to be taken in than to kill a cop.  Now if he's a total wacko he'd die in a shoot out with the cops or feds....

#36 Posted by drone.devil (47 posts) - - Show Bio
@bringdeath said:

" Okay Guys calm down...IS it possible for there to be a real punisher..well take into account..that Frank's life is hell on earth he lost everything dear to him and lives in utter pain he's hunted by the worst criminals and law..If there was a real punisher......you have to understand that people will die innocent people.....people will be influenced to do what he does..a real vigilnte would drive the world into chaos ...his type of justice would be chaos so....techniclly no  there couldnt be a real punisher because his type of justice would be chaos and to many innocent people would die and there's no amount of planning that could stop that the body is only humanthe soul is only human and as explained in the punisher widowmaker arc jenny ceasre said it best "No human being should have to bear this much pain."Sidney I complement you on bringing this forum to the light but there couldnt be a punisher as advanced as our technology is and the fact that no one can bear that... no one can take that much pain..the darkness is not a fun thing the punisher dwells in darkness and knows he destined for hell ,his type of justice is immortal but chaotic..Thats what makes him special. "

its funny you say he's destined for hell, on my personal blog I posted about my custom GI Joe Punisher, included these brainbombs lyrics

" I came to you to tell...I'm on the right side of hell...Feel no guilt...No guilt at all...And I feel no guilt...No guilt at all"
#37 Posted by bringdeath (270 posts) - - Show Bio
@drone.devil said:
" @bringdeath said:

" Okay Guys calm down...IS it possible for there to be a real punisher..well take into account..that Frank's life is hell on earth he lost everything dear to him and lives in utter pain he's hunted by the worst criminals and law..If there was a real punisher......you have to understand that people will die innocent people.....people will be influenced to do what he does..a real vigilnte would drive the world into chaos ...his type of justice would be chaos so....techniclly no  there couldnt be a real punisher because his type of justice would be chaos and to many innocent people would die and there's no amount of planning that could stop that the body is only humanthe soul is only human and as explained in the punisher widowmaker arc jenny ceasre said it best "No human being should have to bear this much pain."Sidney I complement you on bringing this forum to the light but there couldnt be a punisher as advanced as our technology is and the fact that no one can bear that... no one can take that much pain..the darkness is not a fun thing the punisher dwells in darkness and knows he destined for hell ,his type of justice is immortal but chaotic..Thats what makes him special. "

its funny you say he's destined for hell, on my personal blog I posted about my custom GI Joe Punisher, included these brainbombs lyrics  " I came to you to tell...I'm on the right side of hell...Feel no guilt...No guilt at all...And I feel no guilt...No guilt at all" "
Dude those are some badass lyrics
#38 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, there absolutley could be a real life Punisher, we'd just need a man who knew what they were doing.

#39 Edited by Michael6ft7 (197 posts) - - Show Bio

A punisher would be difficult...there are states like TX and Ga where you can wear a firearm as long as its not concealed...and states where you can get a CCW (Concealed weapons permit). But there are so many things that could go wrong. (shooting the wrong person...mistaking something mundane for a weapon, etc). 

Non-lethal superheroing is the only way to go...errr..not that i'd know anything about that...(stealthily tucks cape under chair...)
#40 Edited by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

This all reminds me of the...darn, what's their name?
they're based in Salt Lake city...

well, check these out; apparent "real-life" superheroes.
 http://www.oddee.com/item_87762.aspx

While we're at it, check these dudes out.
 http://blackmondaysociety.org/default.aspx

Even have a video of the BMS.
 <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AmvNkjXbOU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AmvNkjXbOU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#41 Edited by Michael6ft7 (197 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales:
@Aronmorales said:

"This all reminds me of the...darn, what's their name? they're based in Salt Lake city...  well, check these out; apparent "real-life" superheroes.  http://www.oddee.com/item_87762.aspx   While we're at it, check these dudes out.  http://blackmondaysociety.org/default.aspx  Even have a video of the BMS.  <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AmvNkjXbOU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AmvNkjXbOU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> "

Michael6ft7 says: 

The "black monday society" looks more like a group of super-villains or a Coven of Pedophiles.

Creepy dudes all. Confront with extreme prejudice. A clear and present danger. lol

#42 Edited by kev17 (331 posts) - - Show Bio

id say if there could be a real life vigilante like the punisher, hed be a crazy bastard. comic books are one thing. real life is another. i dont think hed last long either, the cops would probably catch him in a month or two.  

there is actually a real life vigilante outfit called the black shadow on the mexican border.i think theyre still running, and theyre actually pretty serious. but there was also a gang called the lavender panthers too......

if he was to be succesful, hed need to be rich and socially influential, like batman. also i think hed need to have some  morals,such as a non killing rule, based on citizens arrest,  so that public opinion was in his favour and hed be able to operate a bit longer. i actually think a vigilante like batman would thrive(without the costumes, tech, or sidekicks of course)
#43 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes cause some of  the people I know could be if they wanted too.
#44 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Sidney said:

"
omg... lol you got to be kidding me
#45 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@kev17 said:
"id say if there could be a real life vigilante like the punisher, hed be a crazy bastard. comic books are one thing. real life is another. i dont think hed last long either, the cops would probably catch him in a month or two.   there is actually a real life vigilante outfit called the black shadow on the mexican border.i think theyre still running, and theyre actually pretty serious. but there was also a gang called the lavender panthers too......  if he was to be succesful, hed need to be rich and socially influential, like batman. also i think hed need to have some  morals,such as a non killing rule, based on citizens arrest,  so that public opinion was in his favour and hed be able to operate a bit longer. i actually think a vigilante like batman would thrive(without the costumes, tech, or sidekicks of course) "

Nobody can be Batman without the suit and everything.
#46 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman in the Bob Kane/BIll Finger era could of been like Punisher.
#47 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney: 
 I'm Batman!
#48 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" @Sidney: 
I'm Batman!
"

Okay?....
#49 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

To avenge the death of a family member or loved one with extreme prejudice one could assume the mantle of The Punisher , use the skull ect. but i reckon they could only do it the one time.

#50 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Sidney said:

"
I own this!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.