Barracuda in next Punisher film RUMOUR

#1 Posted by Detective (524 posts) - - Show Bio

i've heard alot of rumours they might do a sequal with Ray Stevenson and have Barracuda as the villain? is there any truth to this?

and i know alot of people don't liek the Punisher movies so lets not bash them in here

#2 Edited by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

WTH!!!!!!!!!! another Punisher you gotta be kidding me. The first one was decent. The second one just sucked. They should just save their money and make an animated Puniher, like they did for Highlander: Search for Vengeance

#3 Posted by Detective (524 posts) - - Show Bio

an animated Punisher would be cool....but with the right script and better acting **cough Pittsy cough** i think a Punisher movie can be really good

#4 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
Detective said:
"an animated Punisher would be cool....but with the right script and better acting **cough Pittsy cough** i think a Punisher movie can be really good"
oh yea with the right script and better acting it could be, definitely. But after seeing the second movie I lost all interest in a punisher movie franchise. Unless I hear amazing reviews I doubt I will watch another Punisher movie in theaters.
#5 Posted by Detective (524 posts) - - Show Bio

i also heard Ray Stevenson said he would right a script, direct, and act in the next Punisher movie if he could lol i liked him as Frank better then Jane

#6 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
Detective said:
"i also heard Ray Stevenson said he would right a script, direct, and act in the next Punisher movie if he could lol i liked him as Frank better then Jane"
I liked his voice better
#7 Posted by Detective (524 posts) - - Show Bio

^^well im a fan of the MAX series so i thought Ray Stevenson was the better of the two, he had the better voice and look for the part

#8 Posted by Detective (524 posts) - - Show Bio

so any one know if these rumours are false, true, or just ideas put out there?

#9 Posted by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

unless they get a better lead actor, a better director, better writers, and a much better cinematographer i wont be going to see it, and as a big fan of the punisher , thats hard for me too say.

marton csokas/tom jane: punisher
  micheal clarke duncan: barracuda

#10 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

I think those rumors were started by Ray Stevenson himself. And not intentionally. Before Punisher: War Zone was released, Ray did an interview where he talked about his love for the character and the MAX series by Garth Ennis. He talked about wanting to reprise his role as Frank Castle in a sequel where he would love to have Barracuda as the main antagonist.

I think Punisher: War Zone had its flaws, but it was not as bad as some other ones. For me, the worst Marvel films are Daredevil and Ghost Rider. One thing I will say is that I believe Ray Stevenson is perfect for the role. He's big, he's rugged, and he looks really pissed off everytime. I really feel he captured the MAX version of Punisher perfectly. I would choose him instead of Thomas Jane.

Another thing I liked about this film was the dark lighting. It really captures the cold and dark tone of the film. Where Thomas Jane's Punisher was walking around in sunshine and brightness, Stevenson's Punisher was the complete opposite. And I believe that Punisher belongs in the dark.

I liked the guy who played Jigsaw, but I feel like everyone else didn't fit in. For those who have read the MAX series, we all know Pittsy is not a fat and balding man, but is an old and grumpy prick. Ink was whatever. And those who know, Pittsy and Ink never rolled with Jigsaw, they rolled with Nicky Cavella.

Another flaw I saw in this film is the fact that they used Cristu. Again, for those that don't know the MAX series, Cristu was in charge of a slavers ring. He would bring over girls from Europe and sell their services to anyone with the right amount of cash. That would have been too great a story seeing as how it's a dead serious real life issue and it wouldn't take only comics fans to want to watch it. In the same interview where Stevenson mentions that he'd love to do another film with Barracuda, he also mentionned about another film touching on the whole slavers ring arc. The problem is, the main antagonist from that arc has already been used in the first film, and he was killed. That's another flaw I saw in this film.

Not to mention Maginty being a roofjumper. He was also involved in a great story arc in the MAX series, but his not so important role in the first film ruins any possible important role this character can play in a potential sequel.

That is probably my biggest problem with Punisher: War Zone. Instead of saving all these characters for their respectful storylines, they jammed them all up in one film where their roles are diminished and almost pointless. Yes, they could create a random character to replace them in their storylines, but what good does that do?

#11 Posted by bringdeath (270 posts) - - Show Bio

All you people hatin the punisher right now need to step off so what punisher warzone wasn't the best superhero movie ever made what were you expectin The Dark FRICKEN Knight  NO!!!  your gonna get a punisher movie so step off if you gonna hate Ray stevenson was the best punisher to date.But  if you self appointed critic's and hypocrits think you can do better THAN GO MAKE THE PUNISHER MOVIE YOU SELFISH PUNK'S WANNA SEE!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.