marvelman1985's Punisher: War Zone review

Best Punisher Movie

Why this movie has become a flop is beyond me. I'd like to think that it has something to do with the tainted reputation of the Punisher thanks to his last (awful) movie from 2003 with Thomas Jane and that that made the public stay away from this movie.

Now, before I go on, let me tell you that I'm a tough sell for comic-book movies, I disliked Daredevil, Elektra, the 2003 Punisher, the two Fantastic Four movies, and X-men 3.

That being said, this movie was very good. It reminded me of an old 1980's action movie (story-wise).
The Punisher is portrayed as he should be, a ruthless killer, but not just that, you see the tormented soul inside, and sometimes even the good and honest man he once was as a U.S. Marine.
The characters are well worked out, nothing is overdone (witch many movies tent to do these times, with this I mean, you dont see characters jumping off 500 feet buildings without a parashute and landing on the ground without harm).

The inner confilct of Frank's torn-up emotion is well portayed and the fact that they use two New York cops as a vantage point is done very well too. I saw this movie just the other week and it made me buy all the new comics of Frank Tieri's current Punisher run. If you like that comicbook, you should also like this movie, in my opinion.

Best Punisher Movie so far, 3.5 out of 5.