Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4596 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Why Doesn't She Fly??

• 100 results
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By pixelized

The Captain Britain thing aside, why doesn't she just use her tk and fly every now and then?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
    @pixelized said:
    " The Captain Britain thing aside, why doesn't she just use her tk and fly every now and then? "
    hmmm... that has to be an error on the part of the writers or something... if she does indeed have solid TK... she should be able to use for it Flight 
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

poor storytelling perhaps? or maybe writers forgot she could
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pixelized

I don't remember her ever attempting it. could be wrong though

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Legacy_

Maybe she hasn't found the need to fly yet?

Gene_Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gene_Pool

The writers probably debated it then decided they didn't want a flying Psylocke.  

And to keep future writers from changing this, they put a special sticky note warning all writers not to let Psylocke fly. Lol jk.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC

I believe she did occasionally when she first got her telekinesis but before her brother Jamie altered her. She'd fly with Thunderbird who was the new X-Man at the time. But she didn't have much fine control. She could blast through a wall but not pick up a penny with her powers.

Dunno if Jamie changed it so she can't but she doesn't seem to do it anymore.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized
    @Closure said:
    " Maybe she hasn't found the need to fly yet? "
    could have helped before vargas killed her. Or before Sabretooth left her in critical condition.

@PrinceIMC said:
    " I believe she did occasionally when she first got her telekinesis but before her brother Jamie altered her. She'd fly with Thunderbird who was the new X-Man at the time. But she didn't have much fine control. She could blast through a wall but not pick up a penny with her powers.  Dunno if Jamie changed it so she can't but she doesn't seem to do it anymore. "

She and Neal never went flying.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pixelized

How Rare
     How Rare
    kimmycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kimmycat
    @pixelized said:
    " @Closure said:
    could have helped before vargas killed her. Or before Sabretooth left her in critical condition.

She didn't have telekinesis when she fought Sabretooth.

And there's also this...

No Caption Provided
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pixelized
    @kimmycat said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " @Closure said:

And there's also this...

No Caption Provided
    "
    She did when Boom Boom found her after he'd beaten her to near death.
    kimmycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kimmycat
    @pixelized: 
    I thought she didn't? Because that was before the Crimson Dawn and the only reason she got TK was from Jean trying to help her deal with the Shadow King.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @pixelized said:

@PrinceIMC said:
    " I believe she did occasionally when she first got her telekinesis but before her brother Jamie altered her. She'd fly with Thunderbird who was the new X-Man at the time. But she didn't have much fine control. She could blast through a wall but not pick up a penny with her powers.  Dunno if Jamie changed it so she can't but she doesn't seem to do it anymore. "
    She and Neal never went flying. "
    Sorry you're right, she was flying with Warren and Neal was following along in his car.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I could of swore i saw her flying in New Exiles... lol

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The WeatherMan

I guess it depends on how the writers want to use her. Her TK is powerful enough to make her fly, it just depends if the creative team wants to tap into it for the story or not.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pixelized
    @kimmycat said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " @Closure said:

And there's also this...

No Caption Provided
    "
    I like this scan all over again now. I forgot she was a pilot and had a love of flying... you'd think she'd do it more often.
    kimmycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kimmycat

Yeah, she should. But she's changed powers so much it's ridiculous. I just wish you would get back to her good ol' butterfly telepathy lol. 

Here's the rest of the scan though...

No Caption Provided

And it shows the scene PrinceIMC is talking about.
    EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#18  Edited By EganTheVile1
    @pixelized said:
    "The Captain Britain thing aside, why doesn't she just use her tk and fly every now and then?"

Pretty sure oldschool 80's Psylocke, before The Hand swapped her brain into a new body levitated, at least I think she did
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pixelized
    @eganthevile1 said:
    " @pixelized said:
    "The Captain Britain thing aside, why doesn't she just use her tk and fly every now and then?"
    Pretty sure oldschool 80's Psylocke, before The Hand swapped her brain into a new body levitated, at least I think she did "
    when she was just a telepath? only in the x-jet.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @kimmycat said:
    " Yeah, she should. But she's changed powers so much it's ridiculous. I just wish you would get back to her good ol' butterfly telepathy lol. 

Here's the rest of the scan though...

No Caption Provided
    And it shows the scene PrinceIMC is talking about. "
    I miss Neal, I hope he comes back soon. Even if they constantly misspelled his name in early issues. Shaar, Sharra, Shaara.
    Chimerawave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Chimerawave

Betsy has flown a few times. In the early days of Xtreme X-men before she died. CC had her flying during the HoM and during her New Excalibur tenure. I guess it could be argued she doesn't really need to fly. Maybe a ninja doesn't need to fly. They could just have her using her teke to enhance her leaping abilities and her strength levels. To contnue to give her that fighting edge.

And Betsy never had teke when she fought Sabretooth. The two times it did happen with teke were simulations. The only other time was when she fought AoA Sabes in New Exiles.

cmkphoenixfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cmkphoenixfan1

Psylocke flew after Rachel in the house of m storyline. Sorry guys i can t get a pic of it....
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pixelized
    @Chimerawave said:
    " Betsy has flown a few times. In the early days of Xtreme X-men before she died. CC had her flying during the HoM and during her New Excalibur tenure. I guess it could be argued she doesn't really need to fly. Maybe a ninja doesn't need to fly. They could just have her using her teke to enhance her leaping abilities and her strength levels. To contnue to give her that fighting edge.  And Betsy never had teke when she fought Sabretooth. The two times it did happen with teke were simulations. The only other time was when she fought AoA Sabes in New Exiles. "
    As shown above, Betsy is a woman who loves to fly... and yet, she has the ability to do it herself and it's rarely shown.
    Chimerawave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chimerawave
    @pixelized: True, but aside from Chris Claremont no one really acknowledges Betsy's days as a pilot. Plus like I said she may love to fly but in a fight writers may find it impractical for someone who loves to fight and has all this ninja savvy to fly away. In her off time sure, show the girl flying from Utopia to Manhattan to go on a shopping spree or just to spend time in the air but other than that not so much. And as long as she has had the teke CC has in fact shown her flying an awful lot. During his return to the X-books during the Revolution period he had her flying, just as stated in that panel above she loves to fly. Pretty much through her entire tenure on New Exiles she was shown flying. He had her flying in HoM during his Uncanny run. And early Xtreme. She just got back to 616 and hasn't really done much let alone be shown flying. Maybe Yost will have her flying in the mini.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pixelized
    @Chimerawave said:
    " @pixelized: True, but aside from Chris Claremont no one really acknowledges Betsy's days as a pilot. Plus like I said she may love to fly but in a fight writers may find it impractical for someone who loves to fight and has all this ninja savvy to fly away. In her off time sure, show the girl flying from Utopia to Manhattan to go on a shopping spree or just to spend time in the air but other than that not so much. And as long as she has had the teke CC has in fact shown her flying an awful lot. During his return to the X-books during the Revolution period he had her flying, just as stated in that panel above she loves to fly. Pretty much through her entire tenure on New Exiles she was shown flying. He had her flying in HoM during his Uncanny run. And early Xtreme. She just got back to 616 and hasn't really done much let alone be shown flying. Maybe Yost will have her flying in the mini. "
    you've only mentioned one writer showing her love for flying, she's had a few dozen over the course of her existence. it doesn't make sense that a person with a passion for being in the air wouldn't do it whenever they got the chance. you'd think she'd incorporate it into her fighting style.
    Chimerawave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Chimerawave
    @pixelized: Well when that one writer is the main reason for her flying in the first place and the majority of her time as a flier she was being written by him of course that will be the only instance. In all of her time as a teke flier she has been written by CC and that has all been post 2001. She is just now being written by different writers while she has her teke and she hasn't done much to fly. They are keen to focus on her returned telepathy. Nut like I said perhaps Yost will show her flying in her mini. As for the fighting style she uses it more to enhance her striking abilities and she doens't necessarliy fly more of leaping.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pixelized
    @Chimerawave said:
    " @pixelized: Well when that one writer is the main reason for her flying in the first place and the majority of her time as a flier she was being written by him of course that will be the only instance. In all of her time as a teke flier she has been written by CC and that has all been post 2001. She is just now being written by different writers while she has her teke and she hasn't done much to fly. They are keen to focus on her returned telepathy. Nut like I said perhaps Yost will show her flying in her mini. As for the fighting style she uses it more to enhance her striking abilities and she doens't necessarliy fly more of leaping. "
    that's the reason for the thread. I want the girl that had a pilot's license before she was able to drive to use her tk to fly more often.
    cmkphoenixfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cmkphoenixfan1

I think it wouldn t make any sense for betsy to fly... maybe she could incorporate her tk into her fighting moves like phoebe in charmed. She can do more back flipmoves and higher jump kicks... stuff like that?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pixelized
    @cmkphoenixfan1 said:
    " I think it wouldn t make any sense for betsy to fly... maybe she could incorporate her tk into her fighting moves like phoebe in charmed. She can do more back flipmoves and higher jump kicks... stuff like that? "
    it wouldn't make sense for the the girl that loves to fly, to actually fly??? kay.
    cmkphoenixfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cmkphoenixfan1

No need to get so touchy pixelized, i was only voicing my opinion...
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#31  Edited By xerox_kitty

To be honest, if someone has teke then the chances are the first thing they'd try to do is fly... I think that's just human nature.  But a lot of Betsy's personality has been messed around to the point that a lot of writers have forgotten about her love of fast cars & planes.   

But personally... I'd forgotten she was still a telekinetic.  For some reasons my muddled brain thought she'd gone back to being just a telepath.  So yeah, if she has the powers then she should use them to her fullest extent.  But even when she was 'just' a telepath, she would resort to phsyical attacks more than telepathic ones.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pixelized
    @cmkphoenixfan1 said:

" No need to get so touchy pixelized, i was only voicing my opinion... "

I'm aware, just not in agreeance.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pixelized
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " To be honest, if someone has teke then the chances are the first thing they'd try to do is fly... I think that's just human nature.  But a lot of Betsy's personality has been messed around to the point that a lot of writers have forgotten about her love of fast cars & planes.    But personally... I'd forgotten she was still a telekinetic.  For some reasons my muddled brain thought she'd gone back to being just a telepath.  So yeah, if she has the powers then she should use them to her fullest extent.  But even when she was 'just' a telepath, she would resort to phsyical attacks more than telepathic ones. "
    That reminds me of this scene from Dark Reign: The List - X-Men.

No Caption Provided
    Granted it has been some time since she was able to use TP, but it was like her left arm for years prior to becoming a TK-er.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By John Valentine
    @pixelized said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    " To be honest, if someone has teke then the chances are the first thing they'd try to do is fly... I think that's just human nature.  But a lot of Betsy's personality has been messed around to the point that a lot of writers have forgotten about her love of fast cars & planes.    But personally... I'd forgotten she was still a telekinetic.  For some reasons my muddled brain thought she'd gone back to being just a telepath.  So yeah, if she has the powers then she should use them to her fullest extent.  But even when she was 'just' a telepath, she would resort to phsyical attacks more than telepathic ones. "
    That reminds me of this scene from Dark Reign: The List - X-Men.

Granted it has been some time since she was able to use TP, but it was like her left arm for years prior to becoming a TK-er. "

Urgh... massive FractionFail. 

1) Psylocke, a powerful psychic, has trouble in helping Bobby in amplifying his abilities?
    2) Bobby needs help to stop a fish rampaging through the sea?
    Foreverbbyily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Foreverbbyily
    @xerox-kitty:
    did she ever get her tk back because i dont really know anything about psylock and i know she once lost her tk did she regain it???
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Belladonna

She's too ninja to fly -______-

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pixelized
    @Foreverbbyily said:
    " @xerox-kitty: did she ever get her tk back because i dont really know anything about psylock and i know she once lost her tk did she regain it??? "
    She has it.
    cmkphoenixfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cmkphoenixfan1

I agree w charmix shes too ninja to fly.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By xerox_kitty

But the ninja was a later addition.  This is a girl who loved to go fast.  Pushing cars and planes to their speed limit.  And even as a ninja, flight would be a silent and sensible addition to assassin's skills.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pixelized

Or even in her off time, just be seen flying around San Fran. Something that acknowledges her previous characterization.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By ragdollpurps

i know that in sword of the braddocks she uses her tk to levitate when facing a holographic slaymaster
    cmkphoenixfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cmkphoenixfan1

This has reminded me of psylockes teleportation days... well i suppose if she could teleport she could fly once and a while.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @cmkphoenixfan1 said:
    " This has reminded me of psylockes teleportation days... well i suppose if she could teleport she could fly once and a while. "
    I'm so glad she doesn't have the Darkforce powers anymore.  It was good for a short while when she had a good artist (Joe Mad), but glad it's not permanent (along with the silly SoS style eye-tattoo). 

No Caption Provided

Foreverbbyily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Foreverbbyily

When is her cos. going to be changed psylock is 
    beautiful and her beauty is being wasted on the 
    whole ninja thing 
    i hate it
    cmkphoenixfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cmkphoenixfan1

Yeah betsy has been wearing the same costume for years now...
    Foreverbbyily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Foreverbbyily
    @cmkphoenixfan1:
    Well at least someone understands that,that co. is not working for her 
    they should make her more 
    girly and 
    explore her true beauty  
    and i love the butterfly wings 
    when she uses her tele. 
    :D 
    Amazing!!!!
    Gene_Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Gene_Pool

I don't know about making her more girly... I think she's girly enough. Don't want her to lose her edge, after all.  

But I've always liked ninja Psy better. British Psylocke is really pretty, but she just never caught my attention. The butterfly wings are amazing. And I can't remember exactly, but aren't butterflies symbolic somehow in Asian culture? Specifically Chinese, I think.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Charmix said:
    " She's too ninja to fly -______- "
    lmfao Charm..
    Avatar image for the_phoenix_child
    The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree she needs a costume change. But I still want her to be sexy for the outfit. I want her katana to be really a katana just like the time when she first came out during the Jim Lee era  and not just a psyhic katana. In fact, it can be some magical artifact that she can carry like the cursed Sword of Mariwasa.

Tongs is so 90s and needs to be left from that era. She is the only X-Men character that I know of that has the same costume for years now. She had three changes (Extreme X-Men, House of M and Exiles) but she really goes back to her bathing suit. 

Foreverbbyily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Foreverbbyily
    @Gene_Pool :
    ok you seem to know alot about psylock 
    can you please tell me when did she get her telepathy 
    back i've searched everywhere 
    and couldnt find the first comic issue she started using her telapthy agian 
    i really want read it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.