Why does she wear such a provocative uniform?

#1 Posted by Miss Monday (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I haven't read many psylocke comics. Is it because of her body switch with revanche? Revanche (according to the images on comicvine) covers herself up though.

#2 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4139 posts) - - Show Bio

This picture also explains her twin sister from another mother... Elektra :)

#3 Posted by lorex (928 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if this is an official reason but my own theory is because she grew up as a prim and proper english girl, and since she acquired the new body the provocative clothes are a way for her to rebel against her past.

#4 Posted by mavfan626 (4118 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`: lmao
#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@lorex said:
"I don't know if this is an official reason but my own theory is because she grew up as a prim and proper english girl, and since she acquired the new body the provocative clothes are a way for her to rebel against her past. "

Sorry, but she was a fashion model who loved planes & fast cars.  Being British doesn't mean someone is repressed.  She was always outgoing.   

If anything, because of her background as a fashion model, it makes it more unlikely that she would limit herself to just one outfit... and on top of that, it would be seriously unlikely that she'd go back to wearing the same skanky, crotch-hugging, smelly outfit from 15 years ago.   

The pictures of Kwannon are usually 'covered up' because the only way to make them look different was to give her Psylocke's original body armour.  Psylocke also used to wear that outfit, but only because she didn't have martial arts training back then.
#6 Posted by Miss Monday (19 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`: haha 

@xerox-kitty: I see, thanks for clearing that up.
#7 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

They could at least add some detail to her costume...I loved what they did with her in MUA2, but Id still prefer to put some pants on...she isnt indestructible, but whatever. There is a lot they could do to update her costume, someone is just being lazy. I feel if she had originally been on X-Force they might have updated but oh well.

#8 Posted by Tazirai (116 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be nice to see her finally get a new outfit for the X-force. I can't understand why they keep her in that thong either. /shrug. Give her the suit that Tessa wore for awhile, the hooded one. It resembled the old armour and yet was fully functional.

#9 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey leave her alone. It's a personal choice.

#10 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she enjoys looking that way? It's also a wonderful way to distract the enemy.

#11 Posted by Tazirai (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Im a man and loves a half nekkid woman. but distractions only go so far. She fights many of the same enemies also, so i'm sure they are used to her crotch by now.

#12 Posted by Mutant God (2998 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a ninja thing, you wouldn't understand

#13 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke has to still wear that outfit as part of her job being the personification of 90's kewl. You think it's easy being an Asian-British-mutant-shadowjumping-ninja-supermodel? Heck no! And part of the job is a dated and ludicrous costume.

#14 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she should of kept the costume she had in new exiles or gone back to her original or a variation of that

#15 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Freedom of movement is my guess. 

#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Distraction?

#17 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no practical reason, she is drawn this way because she looks hot this way for readers and that sells comics, thats it.

#18 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach: LMFAO
#19 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a common style of dress in Britain?

#20 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it was the 90s.
#21 Posted by Phoenix XII (115 posts) - - Show Bio

its the same reson rogue always goes back to the yellow & green coustume, its there most iconic, its what poeple know & grew up with & every time they give her a new outfit people don't like it, so they go back to her fall back coustume
#22 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

because most super villans are men and it's distracting
#23 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"Because she enjoys looking that way? It's also a wonderful way to distract the enemy. "
#24 Posted by Heml0ck (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea... But I like the way she looks... Always have  I think they should leave her like she is.
#25 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Because it was the 90s. "
#26 Posted by d0npierre (399 posts) - - Show Bio

'cause we are men and we like (almost) naked women

#27 Posted by 614azrael (10242 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, part of it is yes it sells,its the classic, posibly rebelion n other then that idk but i wont complain cuz her character rules
#28 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she's a highly trained martial artist who understands that armor is stupid, and that it makes much more sense to simply expose major veins and arteries to your stab-happy enemies. After all, when you're a ninja, what use do you have for common sense?

#29 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"Because she enjoys looking that way? It's also a wonderful way to distract the enemy. "
"
I love when people quote what i say :P
#30 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a fictional female ninja..that's how they all dress.

#31 Posted by Husk45 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought ninjas dress steathy how is dressing in a provocative uniform steathy? 
#32 Posted by Chase_Stein (13 posts) - - Show Bio

She's comfortable in it. CC said so.

#33 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

its an athletic outfit. its supposed to look like the correct threads for an acrobat.
look at the gymnasts in the Olympics and you'll see the same, but less action orientated outfit.
its to visually indicate to the reader how limber she is, much like how the wrinkles and cracks
in Rhino's skin/suit indicate that he is dense and heavy for example.

#34 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
@Miss Monday said:
"  Why does she wear such a provocative uniform?"

because it sells comics... 

M
#35 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" its an athletic outfit. its supposed to look like the correct threads for an acrobat. look at the gymnasts in the Olympics and you'll see the same, but less action orientated outfit. its to visually indicate to the reader how limber she is, much like how the wrinkles and cracks in Rhino's skin/suit indicate that he is dense and heavy for example. "
what catman said. how the hell do you expect her to kick you in the head while crouching with restrictive pants on? when i was in dance all we'd wear were leotards. there was no way we'd be able to jump in the air and do the splits with anything else on.
#36 Edited by boob (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Because men who have never been laid, or haven't in a long time are drawing her. 
@ragdollpurps:
 I have never seen Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee in a bathing suit or leotards when doing their stunts. 

#37 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1408 posts) - - Show Bio

In no order other than what pops in when

A: It distracts most male villians & some lesbians

B: He powers are based on the mind, not physical strength, so she needs to be able to move fast, which she loses with heavy armor.

c: Yeah, some heavy bulky armor will help when Magneto just crushes her.

d: as a model, she knows she looks good. I mean, ok its a battle, but all of that is seen on tv, it's now forever on the internet, why does every other girl dress in short skirts; tight tops; mid-riffs, bra straps & panty showing.

e: The audiance is a bunch of guys.

#38 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

She's a fictional female ninja..that's how they all dress.

Truth

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.