Why does EVERY X-member seem to get a new Costume except Psylocke

#1 Posted by Tazirai (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Psylocke is recognizable in her nimbo-kini. She's also recognizable in her armour. But why is it that almost ALL the other X-men seem to get new revisions to their suits than her?

It seems silly to have NO alteration to her suit over the years. Every change just seems to have her go BACK to the thong.. which is drawn in various thonged/unthonged modes. I mean so far this year alone at least 8 people in the X-books have gotten new suits. She has her X-force suit which no one uses outside of that book? Even in her British Days she swapped costumes at least 3 times. So why do you guys think outside of her being recognizable in the swimsuit. Which I think is a fallacy, why wont Marvel change, when they do it to others on a near consistent basis?

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause you don't mess with perfection, when you do you end up with new 52 Power Girl

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio

No one cares about Psylocke.....

#4 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

Cause you don't mess with perfection, when you do you end up with new 52 Power Girl

LMAO
#5 Posted by Tazirai (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Wish it was true... Lol that costume is not perfect. I mean for half nekkid ninja fetishists maybe lol.

#6 Posted by Dernman (15250 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think she needs a change.

#7 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Artists are lazy, and dat ass and all that... No one appreciates Betsy like we do.

#8 Posted by BlackArmor (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tazirai said:

I mean for half nekkid ninja

That's the best kind of ninja :p

#9 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Y'all better listen to him!

#10 Posted by Tazirai (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Tazirai said:

I mean for half nekkid ninja

That's the best kind of ninja :p

Lol.

#11 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

She has a new one in X-force

By Phil Noto
#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13417 posts) - - Show Bio

Her using the X-Force suit outside if X-Force kinda defeats the secrecy doesn't it?

#13 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Her using the X-Force suit outside if X-Force kinda defeats the secrecy doesn't it?

She hasn't used it outside of X-Force.

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13417 posts) - - Show Bio

I know. But it sounded like the op was suggesting that it should

#15 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog said:

By Phil Noto
Did they invade Batman's cave? XD
#16 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: That's Cavern-X. :P

#17 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't see why she can't use a blue version of her X-Force suit. It's not like people are going to be asking questions considering it's about time she had a new one, anyways. And they're not going to put two & two together like, "Ohh.... new uniform... She must be on another team..." The characters usually never acknowledge what each other is wearing, anyways. Most characters change suit designs like nothing. It really just boils down to laziness on Marvel's artist's part, and the fact that the leotard is pretty iconic.

#18 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing wrong with this costume from where I'm sitting.

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (38109 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

She looks good.. total.butter face though.

#20 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: She has a face?

#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog said:

By Phil Noto

I love this O_O

#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would anyone need a costume change for Psylocke.

#23 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing wrong with her iconic leotard, it's just... you know, 2012, and with the weapons and powers people have... I'm not too sure bare thighs are going to cut it in protection department. And you got to admit, her X-Force suit looks sharp as hell.

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (38109 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

There's nothing wrong with her iconic leotard, it's just... you know, 2012, and with the weapons and powers people have... I'm not too sure bare thighs are going to cut it in protection department. And you got to admit, her X-Force suit looks sharp as hell.

Doesn't seem to bother super durable ladies or Emma oh wait she's nigh invulnerable in diamond form >:D.

I agree on the suit looking awesome. I think we should have middle ground...a$$less chaps anyone?

#25 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@ragdollpurps said:

Doesn't seem to bother super durable ladies or Emma oh wait she's nigh invulnerable in diamond form >:D.

I agree on the suit looking awesome. I think we should have middle ground...a$$less chaps anyone?

ReVamp approves.

And Gambit, though he's getting a new one this summer.

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (38109 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: His looks fine to me.

#27 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: As he does to me, but I was simply countering the "EVERY X-member" notion the OP had.

And he's changing from that.

#28 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Emma wears pants now, and Ms. Marvel who essentially had the same costume as Betsy has a full on body suit now. >.> Sure Psylocke can't turn into diamond, but there's no doubt that she's durable. She's the only one on X-Force without a healing factor besides Kurt, who can teleport to avoid being hit anyways, and she hangs just fine. I just want her to have a more modernized look. :S

#29 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke is viewed as cheesecake and her costume helps accentuate this quality. Unless a team decides to view her as more she will not get a new costume.

#30 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

Psylocke is viewed as cheesecake and her costume helps accentuate this quality. Unless a team decides to view her as more she will not get a new costume.

You're joking right? If not then, stfu and gtfo.

#31 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

You're joking right? If not then, stfu and gtfo.

Chill out. There's no need for that.

#32 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Warren was recently sacrificed to give depth. It doesn't look like it's panning out too well, in my opinion, she didn't have new costumes like everyone else because she didn't really exist as a character.

#33 Posted by God_Spawn (38109 posts) - - Show Bio

a$$less chaps

#34 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3600 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. She really needs a new costume. While we are used to the bathing suit, it is not iconic and it is just lazy - Jim Lee made it work, but I even liked her initial armor more than the slut gear.

I kind of liked the Captain Britain style outfit she wore during the Uncanny X-Force #20 story:

Still, I really like the classic look, and really think she should go back to a similar variant:

#35 Posted by Tazirai (122 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be awesome if Marvel editorial would give her a more English inspired costume. She's not Japanese or Chinese. She's NOT a dragon lady. She's got only pieces of Kwannon in her body. Appearances aside, her speaking English Slang is not BEING English. I'd rather her carry a Long Sword,, or something. An Armored suit, to give her even more staying power in a fight. Just because she's a Ninja doesn't make her on par with Deadpool, Wolvie, or the like. She could use protection. It can be highly fashionable and sexy. It's a comic where people Kill physics daily. So her wearing a conforming armored bodysuit of unstable particles is not out of the question.

#36 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just so recognisable.

#37 Posted by Tazirai (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre: That's pure laziness. Storm is far more recognizable, and so is Sue Storm, Elektra, Firestar ( OH THAT FIRE CHICK FROM SPIDERMAN!), that all get new costumes, Even Emma is more recognizable, and she gets a new suit every year it seems. Psylocke artists are pure lazy, Funny is that Janet Pym designed clothes for Super models, and stayed in a new suit. Psylocke used to be one, and is stuck in the same suit for years.. sense, it makes none. But gotta have those butt shots lol.

#38 Posted by BlackArmor (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

QFT

#39 Edited by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tazirai said:

@oraclefyre: That's pure laziness. Storm is far more recognizable, and so is Sue Storm, Elektra, Firestar ( OH THAT FIRE CHICK FROM SPIDERMAN!), that all get new costumes, Even Emma is more recognizable, and she gets a new suit every year it seems. Psylocke artists are pure lazy, Funny is that Janet Pym designed clothes for Super models, and stayed in a new suit. Psylocke used to be one, and is stuck in the same suit for years.. sense, it makes none. But gotta have those butt shots lol.

It's more of a visual queue. Agreed, changing it would upset the pervy fanboys.

#40 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't be opposed to a slight modification, but I don't think she needs a completely different costume.

#41 Posted by tiggertoga (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

No one cares about Psylocke.....

That's a blunt way of putting it but's kinda true. I love seeing Psylocke in action but whenever's she not on a team I never find myself needing or wanting her; Let alone wanting a new costume. I like her in her usual costume.

#42 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

Just as long as the keep the sash.

#43 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a complete redesign. Something more warrior-like. She's being played up as a ninja again, what with sporting a katana or two whenever we see her; she should dress like one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.