Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

what's good with the psychic katana?

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By ragdollpurps

i read x-men till psylocke died in extreme and didn't start back up until the sisterhood brought her back so i missed her exiles run and some resurrections. i pretty much get the jist of what happened during that time but what i want to know is what happened to her using the psychic katana? i would think that a psychic sword would be more efficient in battle than a psychic knife and she uses a steel katana, so what gives? why not just use a psychic one? and if her knife is considered the "focused totality of her telepathic might" then i don't see why she can't focus that same energy into the form a sword. i know there are other x-characters with what i'll call "energized" swords like illyana, so i'm hoping psylocke not using it isn't just to avoid visual confusion/redundency with characters' powers.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Baddamdog
    @ragdollpurps said:

" i read x-men till psylocke died in extreme and didn't start back up until the sisterhood brought her back so i missed her exiles run and some resurrections. i pretty much get the jist of what happened during that time but what i want to know is what happened to her using the psychic katana? i would think that a psychic sword would be more efficient in battle than a psychic knife and she uses a steel katana, so what gives? why not just use a psychic one? and if her knife is considered the "focused totality of her telepathic might" then i don't see why she can't focus that same energy into the form a sword. i know there are other x-characters with what i'll call "energized" swords like illyana, so i'm hoping psylocke not using it isn't just to avoid visual confusion/redundency with characters' powers. "

Hmmm I've been wondering where it's gone as well, she used it recently in the dark avengers/x-men crossover, where she stabbed Dark Beast in the chest with it
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Thunderscream

My understanding has been that she wields the real katana utilizing her tepe/tk to induce the same affects her psi-sword/knife would. With her teke, she can strike her opponent, separating the molecules of the metal while still frying their synapses and damaging their armor with her psionic energy.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Agent Buttons
    psychic bazookas.
    ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ragdollpurps

@Thunderscream said:

"My understanding has been that she wields the real katana utilizing her tepe/tk to induce the same affects her psi-sword/knife would. With her teke, she can strike her opponent, separating the molecules of the metal while still frying their synapses and damaging their armor with her psionic energy. "

right. so then is her preference for a steel katana solely for the reason that she can use it to attack without putting tp/tk energies into, even though she can?
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Belladonna

Couldn't she always just turn the psychic knife into a katana, by magnifying the length of it's power and focus she put;s into it?

Phoenix XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Phoenix XII

yes she can! from my view point it dependes on the creative team, just like the butterfly effect, it shows up how & when the artist/wrighter prefers it. i think this team just likes the knifes better. i know i do.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ragdollpurps

my preference is the katana. i say she should use the steel katana but put some power in it so it glows and use the knife like a shoto. ^_^
    Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Tainted-Cell

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/92732-3092-106588-1-uncanny-x-men-the_super.jpg
    @ragdollpurps: Like a lightsaber?

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ragdollpurps
    @Tainted-Cell:
    yes! exactly like that. i wish they'd draw them like that again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.