Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Telepathic feats for Psylocke?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Roddy010

I've heard that she was/is a very powerful telepath but I have yet to see anything really impressive from Betsy...The most impressive thing I've seen her do was pierce through Classic Juggernaut's helmet with a concentrated psi-blast...Are there any more instances of Psylocke showing off her psychic prowess?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

What about that time when she broke the Psychic link between an alienated Rachel Summers and Storm in Worlds End ?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Roddy010

@AgeofHurricane: Yeah that was pretty impressive...Jean trained Psylocke in the use of her telepathy so I know she has efficient skill...Are there any more instances you can think of?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Roddy010: Oh yeah ! i think trapping the Shadow King in her mind should be one.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Roddy010

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Roddy010: Oh yeah ! i think trapping the Shadow King in her mind should be one.

Yeah most people try to discredit her battle with SK because he supposedly was controlling millions of minds at once...But I still see this as a formidable feat of power and skill to trap SK (who is has way more experience and raw power than she does) Despite him controlling minds I still don"t see how that was a factor in his loss....

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Roddy010

Here's a cool feat..:)

No Caption Provided
    Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Roddy010

@Edamame said:

@Roddy010 said:

Yeah most people try to discredit her battle with SK because he supposedly was controlling millions of minds at once...But I still see this as a formidable feat of power and skill to trap SK (who is has way more experience and raw power than she does) Despite him controlling minds I still don"t see how that was a factor in his loss....

Less concentration and focus of power elsewhere It takes a lot of telepathic energy to simultaneously control billions of minds all around the world. If the Shadow King were concentrating all of his power on engaging Psylocke in a telepathic battle, then she would have clearly lost. Even Xavier almost always has trouble with the Shadow King, and he almost defeated Xavier in Muir Island Saga. Xavier actually feared the Shadow King in his first encounter with him. Also, there are feats in which Psylocke engaged Mr. Sinister at least twice, but she didn't prevail in those encounters.

True. but it does show a level of skill for Psylocke (much like Mavel Girl vs Emma Frost) He had Psylocke contained in a chain of whips and she created a stealth shadow which absorbed his "soul" and was able to contain him... That's a great showing for Psylocke given she was able to contain a high tier telepathic entity in her mind...

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Baddamdog

She's killed with a telepathic psi-blast

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for autodidacticlad
    AutodidacticLad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AutodidacticLad

Read the Outback Era X-Men. She did all kinds of telepathic stuff back then (illusions, mind control, psi-blasts, blocking the powers of others, pulling people's astral forms out of their bodies, etc.). After her body switch she mostly used the psi-blade, but was still considered a powerful telepath. Even in the early issues of X-Men vol. 2 she used telepathy for other purposes than the blade. She successfully took control of Sabretooth's mind at one point -- not an easy feat, considering his resistance to psionics. Only after the (terribly written) Revanche/Kwannon retcon was it stated that the body swap had only left her with half of her original telepathic strength.

I think Psylocke is more of an "attack psychic" than a psionic surgeon, but if you ask me she's no slacker in the telepathy department. Maybe she was off doing other stuff while Emma and Jean were honing their telepathy. Makes sense to me; she's a busy girl.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Thunderscream

During the Phallanx invasion, Psylocke conjured a psionic funnel (as Jean and Cable channeled their psi-powers through her) to disrupt the core and defeat the techno-organic aliens.

She was able to gather the innocence of a child into her psy-blade and plunge it into the Soul Skinner's temple to render him powerless (before this other guy blew a bullet through his brain to finish the job)

In the outback she wiped an entire villages memory since the X-Men were supposed to be dead at the time.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Roddy010

@Thunderscream: Wow some very interesting stuff...I've always known that Psylocke was a formidable telepath...I just never had any feats from her but thanks..

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By ragdollpurps

Now that AoA Jean has unlocked her telepathic Omega potential I'm hoping to see some really bad ass feats from her soon. Remender hasn't failed yet when it comes to delivering some action, so I'm ready for him to let her unleash.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Baddamdog

Uncanny X-Force is like a book dedicated to Psylocke's feats

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Roddy010

Well can someone post them...We don't have many feats for Psylocke on here...

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Roddy010

Here Psylocke shows off some of that telepathic prowess in the more recent Uncanny X-Force #18

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Baddamdog

In that issue she also made Warren believed her lived a long and happy life, growing old with her, having kids and dying peacefully. She made him believe that he lived all that in a matter of seconds. That's pretty darn impressive.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By frogjitsu

@AutodidacticLad said:

I think Psylocke is more of an "attack psychic" than a psionic surgeon, but if you ask me she's no slacker in the telepathy department. Maybe she was off doing other stuff while Emma and Jean were honing their telepathy. Makes sense to me; she's a busy girl.

There is a simple answer for this. After the body swap, writers focused more on her being a deadly ninja sex bomb, instead of being proficient telepath, hence using the psy-knife as the main representation of her power. This was the era of the action-girl. After the whole Shadow king fiasco and Jean and Betsy swapped powers, she lost her telepathy and gained telekinesis. She has only gotten her telepathy back recently, since she returned in the Sisterhood arc in Uncanny X-men. And even then, her telepathy was just a shadow of what is was, she was still primarily a telekinetic. Only since Remender has been writing in X-force have we seen a return of Betsy's vast telepathic powers, the most amazing being the one mentioned.

@AgeofHurricane said:

What about that time when she broke the Psychic link between an alienated Rachel Summers and Storm in Worlds End ?

She didn't even have telepathy then, only telekinesis that could "shatter mountains" and her psychic katana (which was basically the same as her knife, but more powerful, less controllable, and could cut inanimate objects.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Um, what about what she was trying to do that monster in Security Recon/X-Men's most recent issue ? Trying to get into it's consciousness, hearing it inside her head.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Tazirai

Original body Psylocke was more a trickster than an outright combatant. She only ever used Psychic blasts, when there was no choice. I'd assumed they would leave her pretty drained also, since they weren't used often.

What she did do was play with peoples heads FAR more than Xavier or Jean, or even Emma. Psylocke in her old body, was not a physical fighter, so she would use foes against each other.

One of the best feats i've seen her do is take on 4 members of Freedom Force at once, basically the whole team solo. Only when telepathically invisible Crimson Commando came about did she finally fall.

She wiped the minds of an entire village at once, masked the X-mens presence from foes, was able to check Sinister twice ( ultimately failing due to sinister 1st appearance badassery), blasted the hell outta Sabretooth, tricked members of the Marauders into defeating each other. Psionically held Kitty Prydes essence together. Perform DEEP mental probes on multiple minds at once. Psionically enhance the attacks of other X-men and their accuracy. She was the x-mens tactician, not a fighter herself, but able to help her team as buffer, communications, investigations, etc.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hareil0079

@Roddy010 said:

Here's a cool feat..:)

No Caption Provided

Wasn't that a skrull at the time? I remember a scene where she tossed Jubilee in some sort of pod.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Crimsonlord53

She and rachel stopped a shi,ar battleship iirc.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ThanosIsMad

@Crimsonlord53 said:

She and rachel stopped a shi,ar battleship iirc.

She did that with a telekinetic force field over an entire city, not with telepathy.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Veitha

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Creating an illusion of Angel living a full life before his death was pretty impressive.

Emma has done it with Kitty, too. And she was also manipulating all the X-Men and creating a psionic reality inside the Institute, keeping all the students asleep, inibiting Scott's powers, turning Logan into a child, Hank in a true Beast and beating Piotr making him believe that Sebastian Shaw had beaten him. This is impressive.

I've never seen Betsy using her telepathic powers with something very impressive. But this is the best thing about Psylocke: she's a ninja, a telepathic ninja that uses her psionic powers with her H2H skills, this is what makes her different from the other telepaths.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.