Telepathic AND telekinetic

  • 91 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

 
Click on the picture from a preview of the up coming Uncanny X-men...Apparently Betts is both telepathic AND telekinetic now. Nice retcon Fraction, lol wonder if we will see the butterfly powers anytime soon.
#2 Posted by Ryonslaught (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

yawn....fraction does more craption.......what more should we expect?
#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

From yesterday's X-Position with Kyle & Yost: 
 

Speaking of characters returning from the dead, Giselle Haed Kähler was curious about another mutant who has recently resurfaced – Psylocke. As Yost will be writing a miniseries about the heroine, Giselle wanted to know more about her new status.

Psylocke always relies on her psi-knife instead of using other aspects of her psi-powers. Now that she's a telepath again as well as a telekinetic (not to mention her ninja skills), can we expect her to use her abilities in more creative ways?

YOST: In the upcoming “Psylocke” miniseries, she’s going to be using her telepathy, her telekinesis, and two katana swords to get the job done. So you’re definitely going to see a wide range of abilities and use of those abilities coming up.    

Moderator
#4 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how Fraction clearly said, "she doesn't really have telepathy  just a new 'suggestion' power" in uncanny 512, fast forward and she's a full TP-er now.

Moderator
#5 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

lol maybe she will let emma borrow her TK since female psychics can do anything now lol

#6 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Did she get a breast enlargement while with the New Exiles? She's looking Quite busty. And i hate Dani's hat... so much, about as much as i hate Neena's hair.
 
I'm nitpicking. 

Moderator
#7 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio

okay can someone clue me in HOW the hell Betsy got her telepathy back?
 
I'm am really going to start sending Fraction and Marvel hate mail and spam..... 

#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure it won't be explained. in Uncanny 512 she revealed that she can now change the way people see things, i.e., making Beast look like a regular person... so, who knows.

Moderator
#9 Posted by War Killer (20207 posts) - - Show Bio

Was she wearing a wet-suit?

#10 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like the fact that she's a full on Telepath now. It should have happened along time ago. Characters need to develop (mutants more then others). Otherwise they get stale (see Superman)
Moderator
#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" I actually like the fact that she's a full on Telepath now. It should have happened along time ago. Characters need to develop (mutants more then others). Otherwise they get stale (see Superman) "
it did happen a long time ago though.
Moderator
#12 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @Gambler said:
" I actually like the fact that she's a full on Telepath now. It should have happened along time ago. Characters need to develop (mutants more then others). Otherwise they get stale (see Superman) "
it did happen a long time ago though. "
Yeah but she lost it, or some portion of it (didnt she?).
Moderator
#13 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

yup
#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, when Jamie brought her back he Made her immune to all types of Manipulation, but that also did away with her telepathy.  
 
It just seemed like you were saying her Gaining TP was like a new direction for her character, when really, it's like she regressed.

Moderator
#15 Edited by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:

"Yeah, when Jamie brought her back he Made her immune to all types of Manipulation, but that also did away with her telepathy.   It just seemed like you were saying her Gaining TP was like a new direction for her character, when really, it's like she regressed. "

I gotcha. I should have clarified.
Moderator
#16 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @pixelized said:
"Yeah, when Jamie brought her back he Made her immune to all types of Manipulation, but that also did away with her telepathy.   It just seemed like you were saying her Gaining TP was like a new direction for her character, when really, it's like she regressed. "
I gotcha. I should have clearified. "
 
That is my problem with her getting her tp back, which she again will undoubtedly loose because Marvel knows only rinse and repeat, I was so happy that she returned and how it was done and they build a whole arc around it giving it a purpose, furthermore we learned more of her character and the fact that she was now much more powerful should have been explored by focusing on her TK's fine-control which she has since lost. She remains unaffected by Spiral's magic which regressed the then Uncanny X-team to toddlers, Unaccessible to Rache's Omega level psionic's powered by a shadow of the Phoenix, She remains unaffected by the Scarlet Witch/Xavier powerful combo of universal-threatening reality altering powers reenforced with the foremost authority on Telepathy yet she can be messed with by Prior/goblyn queen/whatever.  
Now she get's her TP back I like/love Yost writings but asof right now I ready for Vargas to skewer her once more. I'm so over this.
#17 Edited by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calix: LOL @Vargas
Moderator
#18 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: Yeah I figured of all those that have tried to kill Bets he was the sole successful one and pretty much did in their first encounter if I recall correctly besides he isn't dead so....
#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

annnnnnnnnnnd, a cuckoo is smiling, but anyone that suffered through warsong knows that the girls aren't able to feel/convey emotion. They should be in a constant state of deadpan. guess that's over now.

Moderator
#20 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calix said:
" @Gambler: Yeah I figured of all those that have tried to kill Bets he was the sole successful one and pretty much did in their first encounter if I recall correctly besides he isn't dead so.... "
Sabretooth did it too.
Moderator
#21 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @Calix said:
" @Gambler: Yeah I figured of all those that have tried to kill Bets he was the sole successful one and pretty much did in their first encounter if I recall correctly besides he isn't dead so.... "
Sabretooth did it too. "
I thought Sabretooth almost gutted her.
 
I remember reading in Uncanny when she was doing a danger room session.  something about fighting the man who almost killed her followed by the man who actually did.
 
I think it was the one where Mojo pulled his blob like being from where ever rock it was under.
#22 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought he ended her 
  

Moderator
#23 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-men 460 indicated that Sabretooth almost killed her by gutting her but Vargas was the one who did. Can't find the scan right now thou

#24 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember now.

Moderator
#25 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" annnnnnnnnnnd, a cuckoo is smiling, but anyone that suffered through warsong knows that the girls aren't able to feel/convey emotion. They should be in a constant state of deadpan. guess that's over now. "
Don't forget their little session about tantric sex with Elixir.
#26 Edited by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

lol this just shows that certain characters should remain in their separate comics because I dont think Fraction does justice to Neena and he obviously doesnt get the Cuckoos lol. I guess I could get over this whole thing with Psylocke, but its happened without any explanation, which I dislike. BTW is the Shadow King dead, i think he is, but I cant remember, if he isnt, shouldn't he have come after Psylocke or Emma by now. I wish they would give Betsy to X-Force or at least to Carey in Legacy so she can be written well, but I would soooo prefer X-Force
 
Also...I think if Psylocke has both her psionic powers now, Id rather use her in MUA2 instead of Jean, but thats just me

#27 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @pixelized said:
" annnnnnnnnnnd, a cuckoo is smiling, but anyone that suffered through warsong knows that the girls aren't able to feel/convey emotion. They should be in a constant state of deadpan. guess that's over now. "
Don't forget their little session about tantric sex with Elixir. "
Those grins were burned into my mind. 
 
@Lifeguard85 said:
" lol this just shows that certain characters should remain in their separate comics because I dont think Fraction does justice to Neena and he obviously doesnt get the Cuckoos lol. I guess I could get over this whole thing with Psylocke, but its happened without any explanation, which I dislike. BTW is the Shadow King dead, i think he is, but I cant remember, if he isnt, shouldn't he have come after Psylocke or Emma by now. I wish they would give Betsy to X-Force or at least to Carey in Legacy so she can be written well, but I would soooo prefer X-Force Also...I think if Psylocke has both her psionic powers now, Id rather use her in MUA2 instead of Jean, but thats just me "
The Panther God did something to the shadow king at the end of World's Apart, i doubt he's dead though, just waiting to pop up again. Matt Fraction hasn't done any X-Character justice, so expect more half-assed stories until he departs in the distant future ]=
Moderator
#28 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @Korg said:
" @pixelized said:
" annnnnnnnnnnd, a cuckoo is smiling, but anyone that suffered through warsong knows that the girls aren't able to feel/convey emotion. They should be in a constant state of deadpan. guess that's over now. "
Don't forget their little session about tantric sex with Elixir. "
Those grins were burned into my mind. 
 
@Lifeguard85 said:
" lol this just shows that certain characters should remain in their separate comics because I dont think Fraction does justice to Neena and he obviously doesnt get the Cuckoos lol. I guess I could get over this whole thing with Psylocke, but its happened without any explanation, which I dislike. BTW is the Shadow King dead, i think he is, but I cant remember, if he isnt, shouldn't he have come after Psylocke or Emma by now. I wish they would give Betsy to X-Force or at least to Carey in Legacy so she can be written well, but I would soooo prefer X-Force Also...I think if Psylocke has both her psionic powers now, Id rather use her in MUA2 instead of Jean, but thats just me "
The Panther God did something to the shadow king at the end of World's Apart, i doubt he's dead though, just waiting to pop up again. Matt Fraction hasn't done any X-Character justice, so expect more half-assed stories until he departs in the distant future ]= "
Yeah, she ate him!  How does a God eat a psychic entity?  But it was an unexpected twist ending that I'm sure someone will retcon. 
 
As for the cuckoos smiling, I guess Land isn't the only one drawing silly big smiles.  I'm not crazy about Dodson's style, but I find it preferable to Land.  At least he tried to draw Betsy in something other than her classic crotch-ripping one-piece even if he did put her in a wonder-bra :p 
 
Personally, I don't mind her being a telepath again.  Comics are cyclical, and just about all changes are eventually reversed over time.  I just don't like her being both a telepath AND a telekinetic.  It didn't make sense when she 'swapped' powers with Jean, but at least they stuck to just ONE power.  Now she's both... so what next?  Omega?  Psylocke-Phoenix?  Another psychic affair for Cyclops???
Moderator
#29 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Psylocke-Phoenix rather than any other Phoenix, if only because the artist would be so strongly compelled to make the abundant Phoenix flames all purple.

#30 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio


Various bits & pieces regarding Psylocke from CBR's coverage (which is hardly comprehensive) from Chicago:  
 
   Regarding confusion about Psylocke's current powers, Yost said his "Psylocke" mini in November would clear this up. "You'll get a very concrete answer as to what she can and cannot do," Yost said. As to whether she'd appear in "X-Force," "you're definitely going to want to read the Psylocke miniseries to see what direction she'll be going in." 
 
Psylocke's role with the dimension-hopping New Exiles will not be addressed in Yost's miniseries, he said, "but I wouldn't be surprised to see it revisted someday."    

Moderator
#31 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

omg, dont tempt Fraction, I want the phoenix to stay in space, even if Jean comes back lol
 
the things X-K listed is why I want her in a different comic because Im afraid it will happen lol

#32 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio


To be honest, I doubt there'll be any signs of Phoenix in the mini series, because it's NOT Fraction writing it! ;) 
 
But he doesn't seemto care for characterisation, continuity or the work of other writers on different X-books.  So Fraction will write whatever he wants in Uncanny, regardless Kyle & Yost have written.  So in X-Force Archangel is a homocidal nutcase who wants to fight everything that moves to test it's worth, but in Uncanny he flirts with everything that moves and has Psylocke as a 'pet like'.  So regardless of what Chris Yost writes in the Psylocke mini, Fraction'll do whatever he bloody well pleases in Uncanny... He probably will make her the next Phoenix ;p

The whole Archangel/Psylocke relationship annoyed me when they first got together.  I was glad that they separated.  To be honest, their relationship wasn't as weird as Angel & Husk ;)  And I was almost happy for Betsy when she hooked up with Neal... but for them to get back together after about 15 years apart and having had other relationships since... it just doesn't fit :(

Moderator
#33 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"


Various bits & pieces regarding Psylocke from CBR's coverage (which is hardly comprehensive) from Chicago:  
 
   Regarding confusion about Psylocke's current powers, Yost said his "Psylocke" mini in November would clear this up. "You'll get a very concrete answer as to what she can and cannot do," Yost said. As to whether she'd appear in "X-Force," "you're definitely going to want to read the Psylocke miniseries to see what direction she'll be going in." 
 
Psylocke's role with the dimension-hopping New Exiles will not be addressed in Yost's miniseries, he said, "but I wouldn't be surprised to see it revisted someday."    

"
Yay for Yost trying to clean up fraction's mess, boo for Psylocke being given a fraction of the power she had when she was a full TP
Moderator
#34 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh... I just had a thought.  Now that Dougie's comin back... think there'll be another reunion?? ;) 
 

 


 

Moderator
#35 Edited by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  Doubtful, Fraction would probably just avoid it all together, and thats if he even knows about it. IMO, her last death and return wasnt even handled well, regarding Warren's reaction to it, and now that she is back again, his reaction in Uncanny is awful considering whats happening in X-Force and how they felt about each other before. Any reunion with Doug will need to be handled by someone else because I doubt Fraction would handle it well, like the rest of her return.
#36 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lifeguard85: I agree about the Archangel/Psylocke character changes from Uncanny to X-Force... but with the Psylocke & Cypher reference, I was thinking more along the lines of what might be in her mini series.  Chris Yost does something that Matt Fraction doesn't... read old comics! ;)  He knows where the characters have been, what they've done, who they've loved, etc...
Moderator
#37 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

lol very true, Yost definately pays attention to details, and he is much more likely to at least mention it, but I guess it just depends on how he comes back and if he is back during the time her mini series is taking place

#38 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

After looking at the solicitation and the cover for her new mini series... I cant wait for it to come out!!!!

Psylocke #1
#39 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not supposed to get excited over a cover!
 
New Avengers 50 anyone?

Moderator
#40 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: I was also excited over the description of the series AND the cover :P
 
and what was NA 50...I obviously wasnt excited about
#41 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

the cover looked as if it were going to be New Avengers Vs. Dark Avengers
 
the solicit for Psy was alright.

Moderator
#42 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

oh...then no I definitely wasnt excited for that.
 
and the solicit was much more than I was expecting, compared to how they described the mini before

#43 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

the solicit sounded exactly how the mini was described. Her quest for revenge.. meow

Moderator
#44 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

I read something different then, i remember reading about self-discovery and re-adjusting to living in the marvel universe again

#45 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

i believe that was the first paragraph, yost went on to say that it turns into a quest for revenge for her

Moderator
#46 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

oh...I couldnt get past the first paragraph obviously lol

#47 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" annnnnnnnnnnd, a cuckoo is smiling, but anyone that suffered through warsong knows that the girls aren't able to feel/convey emotion. They should be in a constant state of deadpan. guess that's over now. "
I hate the cuckoos
#48 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lifeguard85 said:
" oh...I couldnt get past the first paragraph obviously lol "
lol why not?
 
@geraldthesloth said:
" @pixelized said:
" annnnnnnnnnnd, a cuckoo is smiling, but anyone that suffered through warsong knows that the girls aren't able to feel/convey emotion. They should be in a constant state of deadpan. guess that's over now. "
I hate the cuckoos "

how come?
Moderator
#49 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess they're making her telepathic and telekinetic
as a means to replace Jean probably.
 
:/

#50 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" I guess they're making her telepathic and telekinetic as a means to replace Jean probably.  :/ "
that makes me wonder... why is psylocke above the "she's trying to be like jean" flack that Emma gets?
Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.