Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Revanche/Psylocke

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

Edited By A-Strondinaire

Confused? So Are We
    Confused? So Are We

So as we all know Psylocke is back if you don't or don't know how read 508-through 511. Anyway she's been back for awhile there was even a mini-series on how she went and buried Revanche or whoever so my knowledge of Psylocke limited (well not that much) but what i do know is Betsy switched bodies with Kwannon after the siege perilous fiasco, trained in ninjitsu, became lady mandarin got her memories back joined back with the X-Men, soon Revanche reared her head and joined then died, then Psylocke got the infamous red dawn that also gave her shadow teleportation, died and came back during House of M where she knew something was up, then joined the exiles and got together with AOA Sabertooth, and then the Sisterhood of Evil arc brought her back but never answered any questions like where/how did they find her? what maddy reached through reality and grabbed her, which psylocke was psylocke was one Revanche They both were acting like they were the real one? Why was psylocke in the old mind and suddenly back in the other so many questions unanswered about one of the most famous psychics in marvel.  
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thunderscream

Maddie Pryor used Psylocke to test a spell she was conjuring to place her own mind in the dead body of Jean Grey to gain access to the Phoenix Force. It just so happened that Psylocke's original body and current predicament created the perfect scenario to transfer a living psychic mind into a rejuvenated corpse. 

Before that, back in the 90's, we discovered Betsy's mind had been switched and slightly melded to japanese assassin Kwannon, there was a bit of confusion since in the midst of the transfer, Spiral altered their DNA to match as well. Psylocke's mind remained sound and true though, and together, she and "Revanche" uncovered the truth. Psylocke's mind remained in the Asian body while Kwannon succumbed to the Legacy virus in the British body, which was buried in Japan until Maddie unearthed it for her experiment. 

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By A-Strondinaire

But Psylocke was never shown being taken or conjure up aside from her old body and an issue was never done on or mentioned to that predicament. They just snatched her out of another series, just after telling sabertooth she's ready to fight for the exiles cause. On the Psylocke/Revanche thing when Revanche died psylocke got the rest of her personality and powers back and Revanche seized to exist in the mind, which even then evil Psylocke was still trying to convince everyone she wasn't the good Psylocke, so what there are 2 Psylockes body and mind if so why did Betsy just so happen to appear in the Betsy mind and then in the Kwannon body because the kwannon body was completely comatose meaning her mind should have been too. Just talking about it is a cluster frick.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Thunderscream
    @A-Strondinaire:
    ...I think you're confusing yourself here 

When Revanche died, her power returned to Psylocke while her psyche died with her British body. You're right, though, Fraction did a terrible job explaining when, where and how the Red Queen acquired Psylocke. Filling in the holes is one of my specialties (interpret that however you please) and I surmise that Betsy is just prone to manipulation and slips easily through the cracks of reality to serve whatever power has use for her. Mojo, The Hand, Kuriargi, Shadow King, Jamie Braddock, Roma and the Red Queen have all yanked Betsy in and out of alternate realities and dimensions and altered her in radical ways, it's just her disposition.  
    In this instance, I would imagine Roma had something to do with her return since she zapped her off to the crystal palace in the first place. Red Queen mighta been in the right place at the right time and began scheming. 
    A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By A-Strondinaire

Yeah that's what i mean in the Revanche thing the british body popped up but they didn't say who it was, and when she was fighting Dazzler and Wolverine she was yelling i'm not the Psylocke you know but when she psy-stabbed herself the Psylocke/Kwannon popped up in her mind, and after finishing her off she appeared in the asian body that was in limbo. What I guess i'm trying to point out is which psyche was in those Psylocke bodies? and Fraction really didn't follow his story up too well.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Belladonna
    @A-Strondinaire said:
    "

Yeah that's what i mean in the Revanche thing the british body popped up but they didn't say who it was, and when she was fighting Dazzler and Wolverine she was yelling i'm not the Psylocke you know but when she psy-stabbed herself the Psylocke/Kwannon popped up in her mind, and after finishing her off she appeared in the asian body that was in limbo. What I guess i'm trying to point out is which psyche was in those Psylocke bodies? and Fraction really didn't follow his story up too well.

"
    It's probably because Psylocke was transferred back into her old body, but the Red Queen altered her mind, thinking her of something else, but when Dazzler blast her face, she manage to regain control and psy stab herself so she could face the persona that was in control of her body, it could be argue that she was trying to fight the evil persona inside her when she battling Wolverine but Dazzler helped her free. But I guess it was Revanche angered spirit linging in Psylocke's former body trying to kill Psylocke.
    psylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By psylocke
    @Thunderscream:
    Wow! Your good.
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thunderscream
    @psylocke: Betsy Gloriana Braddock was the first character I synched with. I haven't always agreed with the way she's been handled, but I'm a loyal fan to the end ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.