Relationship with Wolverine

#1 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Having just picked up the first five or so issues of the most recent Uncanny X-Force arc, I've been keeping an eye on the dialogue between Betsy and Logan. They seem incredibly comfortable around each other, mostly due to trust and having somewhat similar backgrounds (as far as the Japanese portion is concerned). It got me thinking - has there ever been hints of a romantic relationship between the two of them?

#2 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Never romantic, they've been close friends since Psylocke took on Sabretooth during the Mutant Massacre and was made an X-Man. However their famous friendship began after Wolverine helped save her after the body swap and the two (plus Jubilee) began travelling together? But there's never really been a hint of a romance between the two, just companionship.

#3 Posted by Thunderscream (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog: is right, Logan gained a ton of respect for her when she took on Sabretooth and used his distraction to the X-Men's advantage, gaining intell on the orchestrator of the Mutant Massacre.

After the Siege Perilous left Betsy in the hands of the...Hand, she became Lady Mandarin and came face to face with Logan. She plunged her psychic knife into his skull triggering an intense psy-link between the two. They've been bonded ever since.

#4 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog: @Thunderscream: Thanks so much for providing that info, guys! 

I always liked their relationship and how there seems to be immense mutual respect and trust between the two of them.
#5 Posted by MissBraddock (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always thought it a bit strange that there hasn't been any hint of a romantic relationship between them. I think Psylocke is the only X-Women Wolverine has never kissed on panel or even tried to and there's not many women out there in Marvel land Logan hasn't locked lips with. Nearly every X-women not counting Kitty & Jubes who are practically his daughters - Storm, Jean, Rogue, Dazzler and even Emma I think. And same for Psylocke she's shared kisses with Angel (obviously), Havok, Gambit, Kurt, Beast, Cyclops, Cannonball she's even kissed Sabretooth Exiles and the psycopathic 616 version but never Wolverine. I wonder if the writer's think they are too obvious a pairing that they just don't bother with it because it would be too boring! But in reality I think they so would have by now!!!

#6 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

i would love this they seem right for each other they have similar background the japnese culture they share so i would not mind them together at all but avx teasers are showing that warren comes back or does only the archangel power come back i dont know but yeah i would love to see these too together

#7 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny how comics pretend to be realistic, but it's still considered strange when male & female characters have a strong bond that isn't sexual. Yet so many people complained when Wolverine's relationship with Domino was officially revealed as an on-again/off-again aggressively sexual relationship.

I like the fact that there's no pressure between Betsy & Logan. Men & woman can just be good friends.

#8 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

It's funny how comics pretend to be realistic, but it's still considered strange when male & female characters have a strong bond that isn't sexual. Yet so many people complained when Wolverine's relationship with Domino was officially revealed as an on-again/off-again aggressively sexual relationship.

I like the fact that there's no pressure between Betsy & Logan. Men & woman can just be good friends.

Well said.

#9 Posted by MissBraddock (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a bit torn over a relationship between these two, on one hand I've always kinda wanted to see something happen but only if it is written well. And on the other hand I like their friendship together and think Logan's got enough romantically linked partners he doesn't need another one and the no strings relationship has already been done with Domino and I'm . I think it could have happened back in early X-men after the Lady Mandarin story and they had a bond but it's probably too late now it would just seem too weird if it just suddenly happened. And besides I think Fantamoex is going to be the one to help Betsy get over her loss of Warren. I'll miss Warren I did like them together.

I was just pointing out before I think it's strange that it's never been hinted at between Wolverine and Psylocke when it seems so obvious a pairing both are ninja's and like fighting etc etc, but maybe that's why it hasn't happened and it kind of makes Psylocke special in that way because she's never fallen for Wolverine's apprant "charms" over women!

#10 Edited by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd really like to see a mini series of the two. I remember an issue shortly after Betsy died when Logan was reminiscing having a beer with her and regaling each other with past missions. Their relationship is one of the truly touching ones in comics. Actually, my dream team has always included Logan, Betsy, Jubilee and X-23. All are connected and the dynamic between them would be brilliant.

#11 Posted by MissBraddock (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart That would be a fantastic team just as long as the story didn't involve the 3 ladies trying to save Wolverine from a Berserker Rage by each of them fighting him.

#12 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

She should make him her dog, and I do mean literally have him live in a little wooden house, eat out of a dish, walk him on a leash, ect. That's the kind of mutual relationship I would really love to see develop between these two. She can feed him delicious poppyseed muffins, mmmmm!

#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

She should make him her dog, and I do mean literally have him live in a little wooden house, eat out of a dish, walk him on a leash, ect. That's the kind of mutual relationship I would really love to see develop between these two. She can feed him delicious poppyseed muffins, mmmmm!

Somehow I can see Daken rushing to be her little love puppy before Logan ;)

#14 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

In rare cases :P

#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lance Uppercut said:

@xerox_kitty said:

*kicks the silly boy* We're not friends? ;)

#16 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

@Lance Uppercut said:

@xerox_kitty said:

*kicks the silly boy* We're not friends? ;)

Exhibit A

#17 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

Oh yeah, totally. Best friends don't have to be romantic friends - I mean, if I dated my best friend, that relationship would last all of four seconds. xD I just love the interactions between Logan and Bets. Especially towards the end of the Dark Angel saga, how they're still communicating telepathically when Betsy is getting ready to kill Warren. You can feel the immense respect they have for one another. GOD I LOVE THAT SAGA.

#18 Posted by RogueJuggernaut (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildValentine:They really do have feelings for each other and this proves it.

#19 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3632 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueJuggernaut: @Lance Uppercut: @xerox_kitty:

wasnt it when the uncanny x-force went into the future old logan and old betsy were together but they never revealed it to there younger selves???

#20 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@RogueJuggernaut: That looks like it's from 5 Ronin, which is non-cannon and has very different versions of Wolverine and Psylocke.
#21 Posted by RogueJuggernaut (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite:No it is not.

#22 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@RogueJuggernaut said:

Looks like it is. She's callin' Wolverine Ronin and I don't know if she's called Butterfly outside of that series. 
#23 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@RogueJuggernaut said:

Looks like it is. She's callin' Wolverine Ronin and I don't know if she's called Butterfly outside of that series.

That panel takes place in 5 Ronin and isn't canon, Decoy is right.

#24 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@RogueJuggernaut said:

That panel takes place in 5 Ronin and isn't canon, Decoy is right.

Aw yeah, haven't even read that comic and I was able to call it!
#25 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: It's good and only 5 issues. You should. :p

#26 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps: I probably will, I love good alternate reality stories.
#27 Posted by Teerack (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

But the end of Uncanny X-Force vol 1 Betsy wants nothing to do with Logan.

#28 Posted by Tazirai (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

Agreed. Wolverine had been really hard on her before she became an X-man. He then sponsored her to join the team. They were close during Massacre, fall, and outback, got closer after lady M, then have been close since, which is why she drives him nuts with her violent streak.

Men and women CAN be just friends, well said mate.

#29 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

They haven't had anything between them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.