Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Psylocke stands with the heavy hitters in exciting new series

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Baddamdog

A few days ago I added a beautiful image of Psylocke by David Mack, having no idea it was an actual cover!! Today Marvel released info on a new month long title named 'RONIN 5'...  

(Article from CBR) 

Wolverine. Psylocke. The Punisher. Hulk. Deadpool. Five of Marvel's deadliest heroes will come to the fore this March for a series unlike any other in 5 RONIN. Bound together by the same fate, yet alone in their existence, they are forced to walk the lonely path of the masterless samurai in the violent and tumultuous world of feudal Japan.

Crafted by writer  Peter Milligan and a rotating cast of today's hottest artists, 5 RONIN is a month-long event with covers from some of the biggest names in the industry. To celebrate the release of this series, retailers will have the opportunity to order two different covers per issue, one by superstar artist David Aja and one by another industry favorite.

“What would the ultimate samurai super hero epic look like? The answer is 5 RONIN” explains Editor Sebastian Girner. “When we came up with the idea of taking our biggest heroes and setting them in this time period, writer Peter Milligan and the amazingly talented cast of artists immediately jumped on board. This is easily one of the most beautiful comics you will read this year.”

Each of the 5 seeks revenge, but against whom? And what powerful secret connects these these lone warriors? 5 RONIN will examine the true face of Marvel's most solitary characters against a majestic -- and bloodstained -- backdrop.

5 Ronin #1 - #5
    Written by: Peter Milligan
    Penciled by: Tomm Coker, Dalibor Talajic, Laurence Campbell, Goran Parlov & Leandro Fernandez
    Covers by: John Cassaday, Mark Brooks, Giuseppe Camuncoli, David Mack, Ed McGuiness & David Aja
    Parental Advisory …$2.99 (each) 

I don't know about the rest of you viners, but I'm very excited for this project, imagine that, Psylocke starring with Marvel's A listers!   Very proud of my girl and can't for more info and images to be released!! 

5 RONIN
    5 RONIN
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I've always adored David Mack's art.  It's stunning beyond belief.  Since he's been connected to Marvel for a few years now, then it's quite surprising that he hasn't drawn Psylocke before now. 

Anyway, I can't say I'm excited about seeing half of Uncanny X-Force team up with the Punisher & the Hulk.  Do we really need to see Wolverine on yet another team book...?

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By queenfrost_

Oh god, Wolverine, again? *fan hate*

That image is beautiful and I think David Mack she go on to draw women like Itsu and Madame Hydra. I like the samurai geisha look for Psylocke and how it's more focusing on her martial arts skills rather than her telepathic skills.

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By AMS

Drools.
    XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By XRiskyX
    @xerox-kitty:
    Hm I don't look forward towards three imo overused characters in another book (in this case Hulk, Wolvie, DP) but at least it's a take on these characters in another timeline. That mightactually  compensate for it. We're not actually seeing these three but interpretations of them adjusted to feudal samurai Japan. if they do it well it might as well be totally different (new) characters. Old Man Logan was Wolverine after all but Wolverine as a new interesting character (Millar is a god, sorry had to say it). I enjoyed Midnighter's and Apollo's take on feudal Japan (Flowers For the Sun mini) and I especially look forward to Ronin Punisher. Lets just hope they give it the effort it needs.
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By IrishX
    @queenfrost_ said:
    "Oh god, Wolverine, again? *fan hate*"

Zzzzzzzz
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Seems to be a bit weird to call Hulk a masterless warrior to me , the rest kinnda fit it thou

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Baddamdog

I just still can't believe they picked Psylocke, I mean Wolverine, Deadpool, the Hulk and the Punisher are four of Marvel's most famous and popular characters (not mine but whatever..) and while Psylocke is popular in the comic world, she is basically unknown outside that world, I mean Spider-Man isn't included and he could be far more easily integrated into this story then say the Hulk! Yet he's still not included, so proud of my Betts :')

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Nefilim927

I'm very interested in seeing how a samurai Punisher would look.  And I'm sorry but I don't mind Wolverine and Deadpool being used. 

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Baddamdog
    @Nefilim927: I agree, the only character out of place here is the Hulk. Anybody remember Elektra?
    budonkadonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By budonkadonk

It's a shame she's wearing her robe lapels like a corpse would... should be the other way around.   

江戸時代 story...  should be interesting. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @budonkadonk said:
    " It's a shame she's wearing her robe lapels like a corpse would... should be the other way around."
    Well, one sleeve is.  Perhaps it's symbolic of her half-life/original dead body?
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By papad1992

Hmmm... Let's see: 

Hulk-intresting choice (but I really don't place him in the master of samurai's on my list) 
    Deadpool-I'm extremely irritated, I really don't like him for some reason!!! 
    Punisher-Really don't know how I feel about him but he's a very deep character!! 
    Psylocke- I love her!!! She's is the perfect fit for a project like this!! Can't wait to see her. :) 
    and 
    Wolverine-.............??... Really!?? You know in the future it would be wise for Marvel to not include a character in a new book who already exists in 40 others including like 5 of his own!!!! 

Why not use: 

Electra 
    Silver Samurai 
    Shatterstar 
    Daredevil 
    Iron Fist 
    Black Widow 
    Shang-Chi 

(to name a few)

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Baddamdog
    ComicBookMovie:   Peter Milligan sets Wolverine, Psylocke, The Punisher, Deadpool and The Hulk down in feudal Japan, a place with love and danger.

Peter Milligan On How The Characters Are Portrayed: 
    “These characters are all icons, but they're all very different, with very different and contrasting psychological make-ups,”. “Whereas Psylocke and Wolverine could be said to possess cunning, The Punisher is a relentless blunt and deadly weapon." 

Peter Milligan Explains How The Hulk Is Portrayed Differently Than In Normal Comics: 
    "Hulk - at least how Hulk is portrayed in this story - is different again. A seeker of truth and enlightenment....to control the monster inside oneself is the greatest form of enlightenment." 

Milligan Also Explains That The Characters Are Like There Normal Counterparts In Some Ways But The World They Are In Is Differents: 
    “These characters are very recognizable [in 5 Ronin]. To all extent and purposes they are the same characters; there'd be no point using them if they weren't very much like their Marvel Universe [counterparts]. In fact, that's what interesting about the story; seeing these heroes put into a different world and pitched against different problems. The world they find themselves in is a world in flux, and our heroes are also in states of flux, which is of course the most interesting and revealing condition for heroes to be in.” 

As masterless samurai—“ronin”—the five make their way through the countryside of their own accord, but a shared fate will set them on the same path. Each issue details their stories, every chapter revealing another piece of the greater epic. 

Again Milligan Explains That The Characters Will Have Crossing Paths Leading To The Same Destination: 
    “Their fate is to be caught up in the seismic shifts of a changing world,” Milligan says. “Unaware of each others' existence our heroes will come to learn that one man has had a terrible effect on all their lives. It is this one man who draws [them] together, so that their brutal paths cross.” 

Although Milligan Says That He Has A Favorite Of All Of The Characters: 

“I like them all, but the way that Psylocke has emerged from this book really moved and intrigued me.” 

Milligan Also Praises His Editors In The Project: 
    “[Editors] Axel Alonso and then Sebastian Girner called me and asked if I was interested in this sort of thing,” Says Milligan. “Sebastian and I then spent a lot of time talking throwing ideas and notes back and forth and honing the concept, storyline and characters. I had to do a lot of research for this story. But the great thing about Sebastian is that he has such a passion for Japan and all things Japanese that he was a wonderful source of knowledge and enlightenment.” 

Along Side Milligan On This Project Are: 
    Artists (rotating): Tomm Coker, Dalibor Talajic, Laurence Campbell, Goran Parlov and Leandro Fernandez 
    Editors: Axel Alonso and Sebastian Girner

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.