Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Psylocke & Spider-Man Team-Up adventure

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would love nothing more than to see Psylocke and Spider-Man develop a mutual friendship. She could be one of the few heroines who could be close friends with Spider-Man in the same manner as Ms. Marvel. While Spider-Man and Wolverine a close friends, why can't Peter become friends with Betsy? I would think that Peter would one of the few people who Psylocke could have an occasional partnership with. Not to mention dating(out of costume) in order for both of them to get to know the other. I feel that having Psylocke as an ally would be a good thing for Spider-Man as both of them would hit it off very well

Psylocke's relationship with Peter would allow her to unlock the memories(The she had locked away in Peter's mind) of their time together in the United Kingdom when they worked together with Captain Britain. This was before Betsy joined the X-Men; and it would explain why she has a soft spot for nerds like Cyper. The reason why we have not seen a team-up adventure between Captain Britain and Spider-Man was because Betsy had sealed Peter's memories of them and her relationship with him in order to protect him from Mojo. Thus, Betsy wanted to insure that Spider-Man doesn't remember their relationship together

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

What is your obsession with every B-list female character that Spider-Man has come into contact with "forming a mutual friendship" and being on a team book?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darthfury78

What is your obsession with every B-list female character that Spider-Man has come into contact with "forming a mutual friendship" and being on a team book?

I like Psylocke. And I want to see her in a solo act away from the X-Men like Wolverine.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@darthfury78: You're not seeing her in a solo act, you're seeing her in a dual act because of Spider-Man. And I've seen you do this with some other side characters like Black Widow and such and it always ends up being partnered with Spider-Man because of a point in history where he has had brief interactions with them. There's nothing wrong with ideas and everything, but this just seems like you always switch a side female character, throw her in with Spider-Man, and always talk about them being just mutual friends and going on dates or something.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darthfury78

@god_spawn: I have only talked about 4 of them like: She-Hulk, Psylocke, Black Widow, and Spider-Woman. And if each of the heroines have a direct or indirect history with Spider-Man/Peter Parker. I picked Psylocke in particular because she might have met Peter Parker when he accompanied Brian Braddock to the UK at his family estate. From there, Brian introduced Peter to Betsy(when she was in her original body), and they hit it off immediately because of their shared history when it comes to family. I would love to see Psylocke x Spider-Man have a relationship in the same manner as Carol Danvers and Betty Brant. But you can't have a friendship with a heroine unless you go on a few dates together because that is the best way for both sides to get to know the other outside of crime fighting.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this hypothetical, or some upcoming event?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darthfury78

@dayvid3 said:

Is this hypothetical, or some upcoming event?

Hypothetical. However, if you read the old Marvel Team-Up, Brian Braddock was Peter's roommate at ESU. So this would provide an opening my theory to work.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

That can't happen Spidey is dead

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A personal message from Dan Slott about the idea of Spider-Man in a relationship with a super heroine:

Darthfury78,

I know it's a favorite subject of yours. But, honestly, Peter Parker hooking up w/ a super hero just isn't going to happen-- same for a character that's deeply entrenched in another book/universe/dimension's continuity. The main reasons are (though I know you don't agree...)

1. It takes something out of the soap opera column of Peter Parker's life-- and puts it onto the Spider-Man side.

Part of the fun of a monthly Spider-Man title is watching the juxtaposition of Peter's normal life and his Spider-Man life. If you borrow such a big piece from the Peter-side and place it on the Spidey-side, you really don't leave that much for Peter to do.

2. It makes Spidey's super hero life a little easier too-- by having such easy, quick access to another hero.

3. Other continuities/dimensions/titles having such a large effect on Peter Parker's personal life is, at times, a little to "inside baseball" and intimidating to both new readers and fans who JUST want to read about Spidey in his own book.

While a super villain/super hero romance might be a fun shake up in the short term-- trust me-- you are NOT going to see a relationship like that happening as an ongoing status quo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.