Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

psylocke in the big screen

walteion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By walteion

until now ,psylocke didn't make it to any of the 5 x-movies. (i won't count the x-3 version cuz i didn't feel & knew it was psylocke before the credits. everybody knows that). there will be 2 more x-movies to come. the first is "the wolverine" & the second is the sequal to x-men first class "x-men : days of future past". i don't think that she will be part of days of future past. but hey ,nobody thought that angel salvadore ,darwin & banshee would apper in x-men first class. everybody thought that jean & scott will but they didn't. fox is full with surprises. so mabye she'll actually make it & be like the new girl memeber in the x-men or the new telepath for the helfire club (of course all memebers including emma left the team ,but mabye it's a new hellfire club team with psylocke as it leader. who knows). everyone is expecting kitty ,rachel ,storm ,cable ,bishope etc. once they heared "days of future past". but hey, fox love to change ,and sometimes changing is good.

i was expecting & hoping that she will be in "the wolverine" movie in summer 2013. cuz the movie will be in asia ,so she could be there as an asassion in the hand or something ,then she help wolverine in his adventure against the the silver samurai. she could also fight with yukio like she did in her mini series (cuz yukio will be in the movie). i was also hoping to see some bad @ss kicking scenes where she beat like 10 ninjas (males of coure) like black widow did in the movies. but the movie casting is almost done ,if not done already, and psylocke isn't part of it. but there is still hope that she'll make it to days of futre past in 2014.

if she made it to the movie :

1-would u like her to be a hero ,a villian or both ?

2-would u want her as a british lady or an asian ninja ?

3- what kind of power set ? telepathic powers ? if so would u like the psychic knife ?

4- would u like to see her as a bad @ss telekinetic ? if so would u like to see the psychic katana ?

5- would u want her with half-telepathy & half-telekinesis ? with her psi-blades ?

6-would u like the crimson dawn version ? with shadow teleportation powers & the red tatto over her left eye ?

please answere my questions.

my personal version is the current version ,a hero (x-man) i want her to have reguler (not so strong) telepathy with the abilty to manifest her psychi knife. i want her a low level telekinetic with the power to increase her physical blows ,strength ,speed & agility. (i don't want the telekinetic katana ,just have her with 2 reguler katanas)

i hope this day really comes. the day when i see psylocke kick some @sses in the big screen.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ssejllenrad

1-dark hero

2-asian ninja (not even a choice... Psylocke as the brit was boring as sh*t)

3- same as in the comics... especially the psychic knife

4- yes, very much so

5- yes

6-yes

walteion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By walteion

@ssejllenrad: i agree with u ,i never really liked the original british psylocke ,she was weak & soooooo freaking boring! i loved the dark hero idea ,it would perfectly suit her in a movie.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tazirai

Not even a choice for me, British all the way. No fake non asian woman in a thong. British version can be immensely interesting, it's that some people would never give it a chance, due to whatever biases they have. She was immensely more successful in a fight when she couldnt fight, than she is now. Only has Remender, Carey, Yost, and a few others made her more than a sex symbol. 90's Psylocke fans have rose colored glasses on. I used to be one of those fans. Those stories Outside of Acts of Vengeance, and The Genoshan Storyline was asian remotely interesting as anything other than sex object.

1) Dark Hero- She always was shady.. she was a secret agent for flying sphagetti monsters sake.

2) Real original body with combat skills.. no fanservice faux asian.

3)Stealthy Telepath. but a British Long sword style, Psi-Sword.

4) No telekinesis.. the woman became more suit and powers over being an actual character.

5) Telepathy only

6) Being a Stealthy Psychic warrior.. Teleporting in this instance actually helps, since it would add to visual appeal.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

May I just say that I knew it was Psylocke in X3 right from the start? Only because of the purple hair, though, and I rolled my eyes in the theater.

1. Anti-hero.

2. Eh... let's just go Asian. It gets really confusing really fast when you start to have to explain all that crap to non-comic fans.

3. Limit it to slight telepathy (maybe a little surface mind reading, but nothing excessive) and psychic knife.

4. Katana... maybe. But nothing beyond that.

5. I kinda already answered that.

6. Not really.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By judasnixon

Oh Man.... I hated crimson dawn Psylocke. I really do not like it when they give characters new powers....

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Walzo

Better suited for the Psylocke forum.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

More like "psylocke in the wrong forum."

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By umbrafeline

everybody knows we count x3

but having betsy as a british ninja would be pretty interesting

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tazirai

@JediXMan said:

May I just say that I knew it was Psylocke in X3 right from the start? Only because of the purple hair, though, and I rolled my eyes in the theater.

1. Anti-hero.

2. Eh... let's just go Asian. It gets really confusing really fast when you start to have to explain all that crap to non-comic fans.

3. Limit it to slight telepathy (maybe a little surface mind reading, but nothing excessive) and psychic knife.

4. Katana... maybe. But nothing beyond that.

5. I kinda already answered that.

6. Not really.

If they're non comic fans they wouldn't know lol. It's not like we've never seen American Ninja or nothing.. WHATTTTA!!!!

This movie still makes me cringe :P

No Caption Provided
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By SoA

1-would u like her to be a hero ,a villian or both ?-hero

2-would u want her as a british lady or an asian ninja ?-british speaking japanese ninja

3- what kind of power set ? telepathic powers ? if so would u like the psychic knife ?-psychic knife/katana visually would look great on film

4- would u like to see her as a bad @ss telekinetic ? if so would u like to see the psychic katana ?see above

5- would u want her with half-telepathy & half-telekinesis ? with her psi-blades ? yes

6-would u like the crimson dawn version ? with shadow teleportation powers & the red tatto over her left eye ? an older psylocke with the tatoo would be fine , but in the movie withe above abilities would be overkill

Nightlocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazirai: @walteion:

I think in a movie it'd be more interesting to introduce a more seasoned British telepath who transitions to a much younger Japanese body, especially in the context of say, X-Men: Apocalypse where we're dealing with ancient mutants and the idea of powerful beings' ability to escape the bondage of mortality. Judy Dench, Helen Mirren, Vanessa Redgrave or Emma Thompson are lovely, distinguished British women with theatrical accolades matching and surpassing those of thespians Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. What if Betsy actually played a part in mentoring Charles and Erik in the past and in a twist of fate, has her mind altered and bound to that of a Japanese assassin?

I know it's a silly dream to imagine such a scenario since the focus of the movies revolves around Wolverine, Mystique, Chuck and Mags....but Rinko Kikuchi would make an excellent young Betsy!

To answer your questions:

1-would u like her to be a hero ,a villian or both ? As an elder telepath, I'd like to see the best of intentions from her, possibly as a high level agent of STRIKE's psi division....the rest I'll divulge in #2

2-would u want her as a british lady or an asian ninja ? I wonder if somehow a young Japanese assassin able to forge psionic blades becomes an instrument of Apocalypse as one of the Horsemen...and while trying to subdue her psyche in the heat of battle, the elder Betsy's body surrenders and she becomes trapped in the Kwannon's body. So, both :)

3- what kind of power set ? telepathic powers ? if so would u like the psychic knife ? As mentioned, she'd be a powerful telepath as a British lady, and take on the psychic blades as Kwannon while retaining a reduced proficiency in telepathy (no telekinesis)

4- would u like to see her as a bad @ss telekinetic ? if so would u like to see the psychic katana ? No telekinesis. She'd use an actual katana.

5- would u want her with half-telepathy & half-telekinesis ? with her psi-blades ? No telekinesis. Real katana.

6-would u like the crimson dawn version ? with shadow teleportation powers & the red tatto over her left eye ? Nope.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.