Psylocke as Death

#1 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel's connection to Apocalypse has been an intense and unwavering influence on his life and even when he thought he'd purged himself of the Celestial technology that created "Archangel", it inevitably resurfaced.....how will Betsy change as the next Avatar of Death? The change gives the host new powers or enhances current ones....I wonder if it might reawaken her shadow melding or if it will simply boost her to the Omega level Remender mentioned he believed her to be.

#2 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream: I was thinking the same that as the avatar of death it will repair her hindered powers that were all messed up by the body switching. I'm assuming this is how Remender is going to make her an omega, I fully support shadow melding lol but death only worked well with Angel(power wise) all the other death Avatars have been pretty crappy power wise.

I'm going to remain optimistic lol

#3 Edited by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX: I'm also curious about this story line that's supposedly spinning from Uncanny X-Force...Point One. Could Psylocke be the purple clad Fiend?

#4 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream: thats who i was thinking it was but why use a si when she can make mental blades?

#5 Edited by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: maybe that weird seed Archangel plunges into her back does something to her...makes he change the way she uses her powers

#6 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

Fiend has purple hair and costume so I assume AoA Psylocke

Deadeye because of the name and gun I assume AoA Domino brought back to sanity by jean

Prophet is most likely AoA Gambit(yea he sacrificed himself but I think he survived), the costume looks alot like AoA gambit's

Horror Show I guess is AoA Silver Samurai because he's bald and has a dragon tattoo or AoA warpath because of the blade

Goodnight I have no idea who he is

#7 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I'm really hoping it's gambit

There are very few AoA characters to choose from since they are mostly dead or were turned into Apocawolverine's fused flunkies

#8 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: @EnSabahNurX: @Thunderscream:

k. i havent been reading X-force but have been trying to follow whats going on so Arch Angel jumped in to Psylockes back? I saw her with him as i flipped thru the pages of the last issue.

also who is this Apocawolverine (im assuming thats not his real name he goes by). I thought AoA Wolverine became Cable?

#9 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: @lykopis: @EnSabahNurX:

Angel didn't jump into her back, he plunged a Celestial seed into it, which is apparently how Horsemen are made these days.

You're thinking of the Ultimate X-Men where Cable turned out to be Wolverine. AoA Wolverine became a host to Apocalypse's power and mission, hence the merged moniker (although I prefer Wolverlypse or Apocalogan)

I'm not sure they'd resort to pulling a whole bunch of AoA characters into the mainstream in disguise. We already know AoA Nightcrawler & AoA Iceman are most likely gonna stick around in the 616, how many more do you think we could stand?

Supposedly this Point One storyline will also have something to do with the return of the Phoenix...whether it's 616 or AoA Jean we'll have to wait and see.

In the mean time, it's just pure speculation on my part that this Fiend may be a corrupt 616 Psylocke as Death carrying out Archangel's inherited mission to wipe out baseline humanity before the Celestials deem Earth a waste of space.

#10 Posted by dragonclawjtf (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think anyone in that picture are mutants. If you get my drift.

#11 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonclawjtf: You may be right, but somewhere it was mentioned that this Point One "team" spawns directly from Uncanny X-Force. I'll find the interview and post it.

#12 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream: i knew about AoA Night crawler but why would AoA Iceman stick around in the 616? It makes sense for them to come over in hiding. Isn't 616 angel the Archangel that is taking over the AoA? If so it makes sense he would come back to take over his home dimension and it would be easier for them to attack if they get all their players here rather than come through guns blazing and showing everyone what they are doing right off the bat. that is one of the things secret invasion got right.

I thought AoA Jean was still around... I figured 616 Phoenix would have to come back to stop the destruction of the world. this sounds like a good arc coming up. I have been debating dropping the rest of what i have been reading of Marvel so i could pick up all the DC comics i wanted but i dont think that will be happening.

#13 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they don't play on the Death thing too much after she's turned back, I've had enough of that from Gambit and Angel

#14 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream said:

@DEGRAAF: @lykopis: @EnSabahNurX:

Angel didn't jump into her back, he plunged a Celestial seed into it, which is apparently how Horsemen are made these days.

You're thinking of the Ultimate X-Men where Cable turned out to be Wolverine. AoA Wolverine became a host to Apocalypse's power and mission, hence the merged moniker (although I prefer Wolverlypse or Apocalogan)

I'm not sure they'd resort to pulling a whole bunch of AoA characters into the mainstream in disguise. We already know AoA Nightcrawler & AoA Iceman are most likely gonna stick around in the 616, how many more do you think we could stand?

Supposedly this Point One storyline will also have something to do with the return of the Phoenix...whether it's 616 or AoA Jean we'll have to wait and see.

In the mean time, it's just pure speculation on my part that this Fiend may be a corrupt 616 Psylocke as Death carrying out Archangel's inherited mission to wipe out baseline humanity before the Celestials deem Earth a waste of space.

The AoA universe was pretty much dying off, I could see marvel pulling them over into the 616 even if it's just for another 6-7 issue arc but not as a permanent thing, Even though it would only be like 6 people. If they kill AoA jean I'm just going to go nuts lol

I haven't seen the most recent issue yet of uncanny x-force but it's the death seed that was probably put in psylockes back, the same seed we learned was put in Archangel and AoA Wolverine

@lykopis said:

@Thunderscream: Agreed. And the supposed return of the Phoenix could turn out to be Hope Summers, although I'm leaning towards AoA Jean manifesting in some way to take down Apocalogan. Either way, it's got my attention. :)

Lol I think AoA Jean will be dragged into the phoenix event but Hope will probably be the main focus because she has a shard of the phoenix but I can't imagine it will just deal with Hope, I'm hoping it's going to bring closure to the phoenix as a whole so it stops going nuts(i hope 616 Jean returns but I could settle for AoA staying in the 616)

We also don't know how much time has passed in the AoA because based on the pictures jean's hair is longer so for all we know this could be the year after x-force left them to deal with Apocalogan so things could have changed a lot between the dark angel saga and the ongoing coming out in 2012

#15 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

Lol I think AoA Jean will be dragged into the phoenix event but Hope will probably be the main focus because she has a shard of the phoenix but I can't imagine it will just deal with Hope, I'm hoping it's going to bring closure to the phoenix as a whole so it stops going nuts(i hope 616 Jean returns but I could settle for AoA staying in the 616)

We also don't know how much time has passed in the AoA because based on the pictures jean's hair is longer so for all we know this could be the year after x-force left them to deal with Apocalogan so things could have changed a lot between the dark angel saga and the ongoing coming out in 2012

Thats what i was thinking too. I figured a possible scenario was AoA Jean comes across and either starts taking Hopes connection to the Phoenix Force or just starts creating trouble to the point that Phoenix comes back and absorbs her but in the process the two jeans start fighting and sends the Phoenix Force out of control and all hope lost (no pun intended) Hope will have to take control and be the savior Cyclops and Cable thought she was going to be.

After that im not sure if she would leave earth or learn to control the powers or maybe even some how destroy them but anything short of subduing the and returning the Phoenix Force back to its place in the galaxy she will be come to powerful and will either have to be killed off or will be used less bc she will be to powerful. I would think killed off or depowered to the point she no longer has control over the lights.

#16 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Given that becoming a horseman augments the host's powers, I had a theory that Betsy's old powers would come back to her (the ones Jamie bestowed upon her when he resurrected her). Thus her immunity to mind/reality manipulation would return and that would be the twist that she's not Death since she's immune, and then surprises Archangel, etc, etc.

I also believe that Fiend is AoA Psylocke due to the purple ninja-y ness. It can't be Death-induced 616 Psylocke since she's still in Uncanny X-Force and dealing with her brother. Clearly though Marvel are recognising Remender as a talent for their company and are expanding his influence exponentially. He gets reign on three big books which are cornerstones of the Marvel universe (X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers) which will all interact, Uncanny X-Force gets a spin-off, supposedly whatever happens in Secret Avengers will affect the other Avenger titles. Then we have the Dark Angel Saga apparently having massive ramifications on the 616 verse, affecting more than the X-Men. Which leads me to agree with other posts here in that AoA Jean will come to 616, then there will be a massive company-wide crossover involving AoA Jean, Hope and the return of 616 Jean.

#17 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope that AOA Betsy is in that line up, as Fiend or as Deadeye

Uncanny X-Force #19.1

Deadeye here resembles Betsy and I have a sneaky suspicion that Fiend may be Shadowcat.

Plus I hope Psylocke gets her shadow powers back as Death

#18 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog: maybe she's not part of that crew after all

#19 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream: it was revealed a bit ago that she isn't

#20 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

So from what I understand the Death part still exists within Betsy right? Jean just caged it.

#21 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: I'd imagine it is since it's managed to thrive so long inside of Warren

#22 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: I thought Jean completely destroyed it? I hope they don't go down that route with her after the last few years of Archangel

#23 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog:Well the way I saw it was that she contained it. Could be wrong of course and I agree.

#24 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: Hmm I just re-read it, Jean does contain it and says that she'll 'deal with it', so I guess it's open to interpretation lol

#25 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog:Yeah, didn't read it again after the first time. But I will.

#26 Posted by Volpe (81 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream said:

@Baddamdog: maybe she's not part of that crew after all

I am DIGGING that costume.
#27 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I'm convinced Fiend is actually Mariko Yashida since these are all members of the Human High Council from AoA

#28 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream: Dude, all the members have been revealed a while back

#29 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog: O.o

oh. blerg.

#30 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream: yeah very underwhelming

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.