Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Omega Level feats

AwesomeQ9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AwesomeQ9876

Hi, I read a lot of forums involving her, and one of the most recurrent questions seems to be her worthiness of the omega title. Although I love psylocke, and was personally love the idea of her being omega, I can't really think of any feats worthy of the name. I just wanted to know if anybody has any instances where she showed off that omega level power. Please include scans or issue numbers so that I can read the story myself of at all available.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeq9876: She classed an omega lv Telepath and at one point in Time also TK user, which her Tk power has flucuated

Omega Telepaths are-They are juss the strongest order of Telepaths.

Xavier

Jean

Quiten Quire

Rachel Summers

Shadow King

3 in 1 Cuckoo Sisters

Emma Frost

Psylocke

Nightlocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nightlocke

@eternalgrandmaster: "at one point in time" doesn't really answer the question. @awesomeq9876 asked for feats, instances and scans.

@awesomeq9876: Psylocke's status as an "Omega" (as loosely as that term is used in the X-books these days) is completely reliant on her interaction with Jean Grey in one form or another. They've switched power sets before, Betsy's telepathy doubled Jean's and Jean telekinesis made Bets a powerhouse. Somehow this swap also effected Rachel Grey, granting her a shadowy astral form (a la Crimson Dawn)...and then in House of M, Psylocke and Phoenix (Rachel) found themselves in the White Hot Room unaffected by the reality warp for a short while. I'm just establishing that there always seem to be a connection between the two because in Remender's Uncanny X-Force, having been implanted with a Death Seed to become a Horseman, Psylocke was touched yet again by Jean Grey (AoA version this time) who used her Alpha-Omega Phoenix whatever mojo to unlock Psylocke's telepathic might in order to overrule the seed's hold on her. This is where we get the official "Psylocke as an omega telepath" ...but the confusing part is that Omega is supposed to refer to a mutant who is able to alter matter at the molecular level and possibly exist outside of time and space...basically a god. My understanding has been that powerful telepaths like Emma Frost and Professor X were classified as Alphas, the highest order of telepaths and it seems that this should actually be Psylocke's classification since her telekinesis is nowhere near the point of molecular alteration. She does apply her teke in very innovative ways, though. Her psy blades are her signature, but she's projected tethers, arrows, crossbows & armor.

No Caption Provided

HeLLic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The classification so called "Omega" is such silly with no deep explanation what so ever, but I would think she can be classified as one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.