Mutants and Masterminds Classic Psylocke Design I Created V2

#1 Edited by Tazirai (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay the last thread apparently offended someone so it was reported. So let's try this again. Hopefully i've edited the pictures enough to pass muster. We'll see. But here again is the images of the Psylocke I use in the Mutants and masterminds Game.

There was a discussion going on before. So please post again, and let me know whatcha think of the Pre-Ninjafication Betsy.

Also I'll be uploading the actual completed version with the colour changes, and enhancements probably tomorrow.

#2 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tazirai: its a really good costume, i read up on some her history and see that it does match her style at the time

#3 Posted by Tazirai (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vincent92 said:

@Tazirai: its a really good costume, i read up on some her history and see that it does match her style at the time

This was during her Girly phase. She'd been a model previously. Tried to be Captain Britain for a few weeks. Then a year later gets kidnapped by Mojo. You'd think she woulda wore a suit of armour then, but she was like screw it i'm a hot model chick!:P

#4 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tazirai: true, but from the wiki it seemed that she could hold her own against enemys with her powers, but later adopted to wearing armor

#5 Posted by Tazirai (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vincent92 said:

@Tazirai: true, but from the wiki it seemed that she could hold her own against enemys with her powers, but later adopted to wearing armor

Yeah it always amazed me when I saw her take on several foes at once. In the pre armour, and armour era, she'd constantly use her abilities on multiple foes at once.

Couple examples were Fantastic Four VS X-men. She was able to keep Shadowcat's mind together, while also attacking Human Torch, Keeping storm calm from torches burns, and read Wolverines mind, to see who started that fight.

Another is when she took on Freedom Force in Fall of the mutants. She was Psychically pushing the Blob, who was sitting on Wolverine. While also causing Super Sabre to crash into Avalanche and Stonewall. She was defeated by Crimson Commando, because he made his mind a mental blank. But she took on 4 Freedom Force team members alone.

She was awesome back then. Close combat she'd lose easily. But she rarely needed to get close anyway, and when she did her Illusions and Psi-bolts put the whup a$$ on badnicks!

AHHH Memories :p

#6 Posted by Thunderscream (1806 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tazirai: You gotta remember, while she was modeling she was also a member of S.T.R.I.K.E.'s psi division so she basically had full-on military training. I love that part of her back story, it's so totally cliche but it just worked for her.

#7 Edited by End_Boss (735 posts) - - Show Bio

Her jugs seem too big. Also, I was more interested in your other thread after reading the OP, so I backtracked and found it. Sort of. It's gone now, but the people complaining about the nip-slip are still around. Perhaps dial back your boob fascination on this one. Don't get me wrong, I like boobs too--one might even say I'm a connoisseur. Regardless, there are some sensitive folks on this site, so yeah.

EDIT: For reference, here's an image of Psylocke from the era in which you're attempting to depict her. Notice that her hips are in fact more exaggerated than her bust.

#8 Posted by Tazirai (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream said:

@Tazirai: You gotta remember, while she was modeling she was also a member of S.T.R.I.K.E.'s psi division so she basically had full-on military training. I love that part of her back story, it's so totally cliche but it just worked for her.

She actually didnt, that was part of the 90's Claremontian retcon they added onto her. When she was a member of the Psi-Division she was primarily an Esper. She did remote viewing, predicted the future, and learned to control her beginning Telepathy. She worked with people like Allison Double and her old boyfriend Tom. They weren't a combat division, but a remote spying division.

Brian saved the survivors from Slaymaster after Vixen infiltrated S.T.R.I.K.E.,sometime later Brian quit being Captain britain. The female version of him, Captain Briton, gave Psylocke some very basic training in the use of the suit. The RCX had it be able to enhance her Telepathy, and gave her some flight, some super strength, some combat ability while she wore it, and a forcefield.

She got kidnapped sometime later, joined the X-men, died ( fall of mutants), came back, went through siege perilous, came back the ninja chick, then fabian nicienza screwed up her history, and turned her into some fully trained combat operative for strike.

Problem is that never made sense. If she had already been a fully trained combat Operative, why turn her into a sterotypical ninja chick. basically what happened was he didn't read her history. The number one reason Psylocke is the mess she is today is Fabian Nicienza, that and claremont leaing the books before the Madripoor knights story was done, in which she was to go back to her British body.

I'm a huge Psylocke nerd, her and Silver Surfer are my top two heroes. Her history is a complete mess now, maybe one day someone will fix the errors in her continuity. But with this being comics, I doubt it. Lol.

Here's some more on fabians retcons, dude completely screwed it up. With that said I normally like some of his writing!

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?146879-Pick-Your-Retcon-1-Psylocke

http://comicdomwrecks.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/psylocke-a-lesson-in-over-tweaking-a-character/

#9 Posted by Tazirai (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

Her jugs seem too big. Also, I was more interested in your other thread after reading the OP, so I backtracked and found it. Sort of. It's gone now, but the people complaining about the nip-slip are still around. Perhaps dial back your boob fascination on this one. Don't get me wrong, I like boobs too--one might even say I'm a connoisseur. Regardless, there are some sensitive folks on this site, so yeah.

EDIT: For reference, here's an image of Psylocke from the era in which you're attempting to depict her. Notice that her hips are in fact more exaggerated than her bust.

That's the image I used. Lol to help with the creation. Wider hips and medium sized boobs. On alot of 3d Programs when you dial the busts back to much, then tend to make her go more of a boyish route. There really isnt much of a happy medium on DAZ3D. I don't own poser which allows you to even alter skeletons. But the folks on Deviant art seem to love it alot lol.

But I built this one on the 80's model bodytype, curvier, bustier, longer legged. But your idea would be great if i owned poser lol.

#10 Posted by Thunderscream (1806 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tazirai: I've been a Psylocke nerd since I was 9....I get that it was a retconned, but it made sense for operatives, even the psi division, to have some basic arms and combat training. It wasn't extensively covered in the earlier incarnations of her origin, all of which I'm fully aware of. She began as a precog which later evolved into full-on telepathy after the manipulation of Doc Croc. Her telepathy took on a very aggressive manifestation after experiencing the death of Tom and very soon after the attempted rape by her Nazi alternate reality brother who she killed telepathically (who's CB uniform was repurposed to make her own...how crazy, creepy was that?)

Her history is a bit of a mess, I give you that...I never really bought the whole soul melding mess that transpired in the 90s...but I see it this way: Two women's body's and mind's were swapped, one to heal the other. Kwannon was basically braindead, Psylocke was just comatose. The Hand and Spiral just used Psylocke's powerful mental powers to heal Kwannon's fractured psyche, but weren't sure who was who once the process was complete. They didn't count on Wolverine drifting into the middle of it all and lost Kwannon's body in the process since the plunging of Psylocke's psychic knife into his skull diminished The Hand's brainwashing.... When Kwannon resurfaced in Betsy's body, obviously a lot of questions were raised, but it was apparent that she'd been manipulated.

What I'm getting at is that even in the pink, frilly outfit, Betsy had some fighting chops....maybe not on par with the likes of Shang-Chi at the time, but to be able to toss a fully stacked dumb-bell and hold her own against a powerhouse like Sabertooth with broken ribs until the cavalry came home is a testament to her previous physical training.

#11 Posted by Tazirai (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually chalk the dumbell tossing and hanging by a wounded arm as Adrenaline. You can do some amazing things when Sabretooth is trying to kill ya! haha!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.