Martial Arts style?

#1 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know which form of martial arts Psylocke actually uses. Is there a particular form that members of the Hand typically use, since Matsuo and Kwannon were obviously involved with them.

Just wondered if anything has been stated, or if she uses more than one more form.

#2 Posted by Outside_85 (9031 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasnt it explained that because of the Hand, she knew a style that was derived from nijitsu, but is currently very different from the parent style? (Not to mention it wasnt taught to outsiders...if I remember correctly)

#3 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

@ScarlettAssassin: I'd probably agree with that. Even in her bio on here, it says the actual form she uses has never been stated, and I cannot remember any of the bios Marvel has released making a statement either. I'm not a big follower of the Hand members though, and if they use those forms, it would make sense

@Outside_85: That would make a lot of sense as to why they wouldn't explicitly state what form she uses

#4 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what, I've never even thought about it lol, I believe she uses Psyjutsu ;)

#5 Posted by BigTPotts (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog said:

You know what, I've never even thought about it lol, I believe she uses Psyjutsu ;)

cool psyjutsu!

@Lifeguard85: she does mainly karate & ninjutsu such as taijutsu & shurikenjutsu.

#6 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm assuming ninjutsu. A lot of the times the martial arts practiced by superheroes aren't explicitly stated. There are a few notable cases though. Wolverine is supposed to have been trained in virtually EVERY style (like Batman), Cyclops is a judo master, and Kitty was trained in ninjutsu by Ogun and fencing by Nightcrawler.

#7 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I'm cool with Psyjitsu, also I asked Remender on Twitter and his response was ass-fu, so I'm pretty satisfied with the answers haha.

#8 Posted by SECRETAGENTCATEXE (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever it is she's so fast when striking, that no one either can observe it to find out nor lives to tell.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.