Is it just me, or do you guys miss Psylocke with the X-men?

#1 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if it's just me, but i miss Psylocke with the X-MEN! I mean I read a few comics with her in Exiles, and it's not the same!!! What do you think? Do you think she'll be back in time for Uncanny X-men #500???

#2 Posted by Dormath (2398 posts) - - Show Bio

i would love to see her back with the X-men or hook up with cable yeah that is out of no where

#3 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

lol :( man Exlies is cool but they should have a different Psylocke for that universe! lol Well hopefully she'll return for the BIG #500!!!

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really miss her with the X-men I just miss her in general.

#5 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

she hasn't been written well since the late 80's early 90's, so I miss that but not her?

#6 Posted by Huntsman (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with you guys. I personally hate just about any story that involves alternate universes. I just find the whole concept stupid and boring. Now I can normally ignore these stories, but with Psylocke, one of my most beloved characters, condemned to the Exiles, I can ignore them no longer. Psylocke is being treated like crap by the very man who created her (damn you, Chris Claremont, DAMN YOU!!!) and I for one am getting more than a little irritated.

#7 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

Huntsman says:

"I'm with you guys. I personally hate just about any story that involves alternate universes. I just find the whole concept stupid and boring. Now I can normally ignore these stories, but with Psylocke, one of my most beloved characters, condemned to the Exiles, I can ignore them no longer. Psylocke is being treated like crap by the very man who created her (damn you, Chris Claremont, DAMN YOU!!!) and I for one am getting more than a little irritated."

WTF are you talking about, he constantly upgrades her powers to the point of ridiculous. She now can turn invisible by telekinetically vibrating all molecules in her body, and also contain atomic bombs with her TK. Is that treated like crap? More like treated by fanboyism.

Byt please kick her off Exiles, and bring in someone interesting. Anyone will do, really.

#8 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I'd like to see her more like her 90s self and be part of a well written Excalibur with Captain Britain, Pete Wisdom and a few other British/European heroes. The team should feel part of the Marvel U not sidelined because they're based in Britain. They missed a chance to have a great team with Civil War with American heroes moving to Britain to avoid the conflict, much like the Thing did (though he picked France). That won't happen, but I can dream.

#9 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I liked 90s Psylocke too.

#10 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

NO. NO NO.. Psylocke does NOT belong with Excalibur. They are awesome with their continuity! If anything? They need to UNKILL Earth 616's Kitty Pryde and send her back to Britan to be a member of Excalibur again. I've never been that big of a Psylocke fan. I have to agree with her being too ridiculously powerful... She's constantly being upgraded as has been said. It's hard to tell where she belongs, but keep her away from Excalibur. The one thing that always worked about that team and that book was the chemistry you felt when you read it.. I miss those days with Kitty and Pete, Kurt and Meggan.. Seriously that was just a great book.

#11 Posted by ChrisAngel (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"NO. NO NO.. Psylocke does NOT belong with Excalibur. They are awesome with their continuity! If anything? They need to UNKILL Earth 616's Kitty Pryde and send her back to Britan to be a member of Excalibur again. I've never been that big of a Psylocke fan. I have to agree with her being too ridiculously powerful... She's constantly being upgraded as has been said. It's hard to tell where she belongs, but keep her away from Excalibur. The one thing that always worked about that team and that book was the chemistry you felt when you read it.. I miss those days with Kitty and Pete, Kurt and Meggan.. Seriously that was just a great book."

We still dont know she's dead for sure...yet. I dont anyway! But yes! Personally I'd love a Kitty/Pete reuinion!

#12 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"NO. NO NO.. Psylocke does NOT belong with Excalibur. They are awesome with their continuity! If anything? They need to UNKILL Earth 616's Kitty Pryde and send her back to Britan to be a member of Excalibur again. I've never been that big of a Psylocke fan. I have to agree with her being too ridiculously powerful... She's constantly being upgraded as has been said. It's hard to tell where she belongs, but keep her away from Excalibur. The one thing that always worked about that team and that book was the chemistry you felt when you read it.. I miss those days with Kitty and Pete, Kurt and Meggan.. Seriously that was just a great book."

Has a better Idea, reform the New X-Men with Kitty as their Advisor not Emma

#13 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Exusiai says:

"LexiCat says:
Has a better Idea, reform the New X-Men with Kitty as their Advisor not Emma "

No, Marvel have decided to just dismiss any good ideas: Spiderman and X-Men Universes, 'nuff said.

#14 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio

The Enigma says:

"Exusiai says:
"LexiCat says:
Has a better Idea, reform the New X-Men with Kitty as their Advisor not Emma "

No, Marvel have decided to just dismiss any good ideas: Spiderman and X-Men Universes, 'nuff said."

True, True

#15 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

PSYLOCKE needs to be put back in the x-men series, i personally dont want her in the exiles now lol! I love her new costume, but i feel the reason she's in the new exiles is so that people will buy the comic not for any other real reason!

#16 Posted by The 502 Kid (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree she needs to comeback the Jim lee run in the early 90s were the best IMO!

#17 Posted by Midnight Devil (121 posts) - - Show Bio

She should be back in 616, but with X-Force not X-men. She would be awesome on X-Force.

#18 Posted by KEVSTER2go (5 posts) - - Show Bio

she should come back .not the same with out her

#19 Posted by Elementhor (27 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry for the ignorance but most of what i know about comics is read in here and internet so...why isn't she with the x-men in the mainstream i mean where is she at the time of present comics in manifest destiny and stuff and is the new exiles or wherever she is another space and time???...
[now some spoilers]

jaja well she was in the wolverine and the x-men cartoon for 1 episode
[end of spoilers]

#20 Posted by truthfully (13 posts) - - Show Bio

She's with the new Exiles yes, a team of characters that travels from one dimension to another ....

But personally I'd like to see her back mainstream ... Jim Lee style ><

#21 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Elementhor said:
"sorry for the ignorance but most of what i know about comics is read in here and internet so...why isn't she with the x-men in the mainstream i mean where is she at the time of present comics in manifest destiny and stuff and is the new exiles or wherever she is another space and time???...
She just appeared there......Earth 616 psylocke is reality traveling with the New exiles
#22 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

MAn I love and miss Psylocke with X-Men.

#23 Posted by time (4967 posts) - - Show Bio

yes i missed psylocke a lot, she should return to x-men she was brillant then.

caption

caption
caption
#24 Posted by THALASTDRAGON (387 posts) - - Show Bio

i definitely miss her in tha main x-books, i never cared for tha exiles, and she got cover treatment wit uncanny #509 i think

#25 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

PSYLOCKE !!!!!
PSYLOCKE !!!!!
PSYLOCKE !!!!!
PSYLOCKE !!!!!
PSYLOCKE !!!!!
PSYLOCKE !!!!!
PSYLOCKE !!!!!
PSYLOCKE !!!!!

#26 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
THALASTDRAGON said:
"i definitely miss her in tha main x-books, i never cared for tha exiles, and she got cover treatment wit uncanny #509 i think"
she's also in it

oh snap
#27 Posted by Mz P!NK (279 posts) - - Show Bio

Or even in the video games...it was a let down when in the 2nd x-men legends game they let her go and others like jubilee & beast being inactive : ( 

Oh well...maybe she's just that great that we can't handle that much?! lol : /

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.