I want Psylocke and Revanche in Uncanny X-Force! I know how.

#1 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

So i have been thinking and hoping for the day that Psylocke would return to a body more appropriate for her white lady mind and for Revanche to have her rightful revenge.

Now with Uncanny X-Force, we have all the right ingredients for this to happen. For whatever reason, Spiral has to perform another psychic surgery and transplant Psylocke's mind into Cluster's dead body. Then by magic summon Kwannon's spirit back into her original body. Since Cluster is just an aspect of Fantomex we wont miss "him". Psylocke can go back to a white body again, dye her hair purple after and keep of all that body's power, agility and skill. This would then make Fantomex unable to be with her because she would be inhabiting his sister's body. Revanche would finally be justified and allowed be her complete self again. And of course Spiral would remain the tricky bitch that she is.

This would not only be a radical story with lasting affects but bring back fans of Psylocke who can't support her wearing someone else's skin. Especially since that somebody was a Japanese woman who never had a chance to be a real character in the X-books other than some vehicle for Betsy to ride in. If we can have three new Fantomex's after the original died. then we can have two "Psylocke's".

#2 Posted by Tazirai (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Im all for the return of Kwannon also. I truly hate Psylocke in half/yellow face or yellow face. She's drawn pretty white anyway, especially under garney. So why not put her back in her real body. As we know this is comics. I have an even easier fix for the body thing..

After the end of the first arc, Bishop mortally wounds Psylocke. Fearing death again, Spiral tries to make it right. They go to the body shoppe where Spiral has had Betsy's DNA on ICE for years along with several other people. Storm gives the go ahead for Spiral to clone her body back in an inert soulless way. Betsy using her Telepathy transfers her mind and consciousness back into her original body. Having done that the old body dies. But unbeknowst to all MoJo has been keeping tabs on everything, and decides to have some fun. He is able to retrieve Kwannon, and reinstalls her into a copy of her old body. As the story progresses, kwannon rebels, seeks out Psylocke, and they defeat mojo's latest scheme.

#3 Posted by KidKhaos21 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

This is genius. Where is Sam Humphries when you need him. Awesome storyline guys....

#4 Posted by TheKnifeRose (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't her old body utterly destroyed? I was under the impression that the whole body swap thing was fairly sealed up at this point. I don't know if unearthing older storylines just to put Betsy into a "proper" body would be a good use of a team book's time, when they could be exploring new things. I like that they're going to wrap up what past Spiral and Psylocke have, but Revanche/Kwannon seems like a fairly shut-and-closed plotline now.

#5 Posted by AsianPsylocke (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the whole body swap thing should stay closed. I like the current Betsy in the Asian body. I was introduced to Psylocke after the body swap and grew up with her in this body. I prefer her this way. She needs to move on in her life and stop dwelling on it. That same plot gets old after so many times anyway.

#6 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheKnifeRose: During Psylocke's mini, The Hand burned her original body to a flaky crisp. THEN in Uncanny X-Force in Otherworld, her brother, Jamie Braddock, offered it back to her....it was just hanging there like a change of clothes. I'd imagine that after Betsy snapped his neck, anything he'd altered would dissipate into nothingness, but Otherworld is a magical place so it could still be there.

There have been a few opportunities for Bets to just remain in her original body, but I think she's too popular as a Japanese warrior (whether she's drawn correctly or not) to go back now, and especially not in this new incarnation of Uncanny X-Force were she and Storm are the most popular characters.

#7 Posted by jhazzroucher (15798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver_Raven said:

So i have been thinking and hoping for the day that Psylocke would return to a body more appropriate for her white lady mind and for Revanche to have her rightful revenge.

Now with Uncanny X-Force, we have all the right ingredients for this to happen. For whatever reason, Spiral has to perform another psychic surgery and transplant Psylocke's mind into Cluster's dead body. Then by magic summon Kwannon's spirit back into her original body. Since Cluster is just an aspect of Fantomex we wont miss "him". Psylocke can go back to a white body again, dye her hair purple after and keep of all that body's power, agility and skill. This would then make Fantomex unable to be with her because she would be inhabiting his sister's body. Revanche would finally be justified and allowed be her complete self again. And of course Spiral would remain the tricky bitch that she is.

This would not only be a radical story with lasting affects but bring back fans of Psylocke who can't support her wearing someone else's skin. Especially since that somebody was a Japanese woman who never had a chance to be a real character in the X-books other than some vehicle for Betsy to ride in. If we can have three new Fantomex's after the original died. then we can have two "Psylocke's".

that's awesome! which gave me an idea. : )

#8 Posted by Teerack (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Mystique to be on X-Force. It's no fair that Toad, Avalanche, Quick Silver, Wanda, and Magneto get to be heroes(or at least reformed in Av and Toads cases), and she doesn't D: She's so pretty and it's clear she loves Wolverine anyway.

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Betsy is fine as is personally. She isn't in the thongkini and her character progression has been some of the best in comics over the last decade.

#10 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

That seems like a lot of unnecessary work to do just to make Betsy white again.....

#11 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Not as complicated in how they made the switch in the first place. If Psylocke is going to be the Shadow King's nemesis then i want her to own up to her body snatching power and move on to a new one. I care about her mind not her body. Too many fan boys have be obsessed with her body and that has been the problem. And i repeat if Fantomex can get three new bodies. Psylocke can get one too. and return her Asian body to her rightful owner.

#12 Posted by danhimself (22548 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Fantomex has a problem getting with his "sister"

#13 Posted by Tazirai (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@AsianPsylocke said:

I think the whole body swap thing should stay closed. I like the current Betsy in the Asian body. I was introduced to Psylocke after the body swap and grew up with her in this body. I prefer her this way. She needs to move on in her life and stop dwelling on it. That same plot gets old after so many times anyway.

I grew up with her in a white body.. I prefer her in that one. It's not that either of us are wrong, we just like what we like. If she goes back to her real body, im okay with that. If she goes back to that stupid thong.. I'm not okay with that. She's NOT asian, she looks asian. SHe should have more ties to her home than just Captain Britain. That wholeHot sexy Dragonlady asian thing is played out. Having lived in Japan. I know exactly 2 Ninja, and both are on TV. i do personally know a couple trained Samurai though. Asian does not - Ninja, I hope they move away from that.

#14 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tazirai: @Tazirai said:

Im all for the return of Kwannon also. I truly hate Psylocke in half/yellow face or yellow face. She's drawn pretty white anyway, especially under garney. So why not put her back in her real body. As we know this is comics. I have an even easier fix for the body thing..

After the end of the first arc, Bishop mortally wounds Psylocke. Fearing death again, Spiral tries to make it right. They go to the body shoppe where Spiral has had Betsy's DNA on ICE for years along with several other people. Storm gives the go ahead for Spiral to clone her body back in an inert soulless way. Betsy using her Telepathy transfers her mind and consciousness back into her original body. Having done that the old body dies. But unbeknowst to all MoJo has been keeping tabs on everything, and decides to have some fun. He is able to retrieve Kwannon, and reinstalls her into a copy of her old body. As the story progresses, kwannon rebels, seeks out Psylocke, and they defeat mojo's latest scheme.

I was totally noticing that too in UXF#1. The art was good but why is it still so hard for people to draw her as Japanese, why do colourists keep on making her eyes purple when they're supposed be brown/black. Minor details like that can be a big deal to those of us that us look to her as a minority character, when she really isn't. So to deny her Asian features is to further white wash a character who was originally white to begin with but now passes as Asian. They did not forget the thongkini for two decades but when it comes to getting her empowering attributes right, then who cares.

I don't understand people who can condone or overlook how offensive Psylocke comes off because of the sexist and racist and colonialist connotations. After all these years some people might not even know her actual origins, since they never acknowledge it in the books unless Captain Britain is in, or have characters comments about it or look into it, and they don't ever have Psylocke realistically talk about it from her unique perspective. New readers might not even know she's really British with how Americanized her voice sounds now. And with so few minorities it's hard to attack the character when she kind of represents diversity on a superficial level but deep down she is still just another white psychic. The least they could do is have Revanche alive and as a character in her own right, so we can have a balance and counterpart to this unique experience, but no one is radical enough to make amends or just to explore it with some insight.

How does she experience racism? How does she respect the culture of where she got her body? or how does she relate with other Japanese people like Armor or Sunfire? These would all be worthwhile questions and stories to explore if they continue to refuse Revanche's return and keep Psylocke as "Eurasian". She is not Eurasian you idiots! She's a British mind in a Japanese body. And people should remember that and what all that really means. People might be more familiar with this current Betsy but to ignore the woman she was in past and especially the woman whose body she took, that never got a chance to be a fully fleshed out character is really unfair.

And thank you for bringing up Yellow face. It's just as awful as Black face. But sadly not enough people, of all colours, know about these words or concepts. Even though it affects us all.

#15 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@AsianPsylocke: I agree. Let's leave it alone. Let's find new stories to cover instead of rehashing the same issue flip-flopping all over the place like the Jean and Emma thing. There is so much more that can be accomplished by moving forward from the body swapping thing.

#16 Posted by XsPectre28 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

psylocke & fanthomex vs Revanche & evil Fanthomex!!!!!

#17 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

You really think there's a significant contingent of readers from 1986 who have been faithfully boycotting books with Psylocke in them because she's not in the body of a caucasian British woman?

No.

@Silver_Raven said:

#18 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want Betsy to switch bodies back or anything but I would be interested in seeing Kwannon back. They could go back to the identity confusion they both had since their minds were kind of blended.

#19 Edited by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. Leave Kwannon dead. She had a 'peaceful' end at the hands of the legacy virus. Let it lie.

#20 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph: Yes please. I totally agree, please don't feed the corpses.

#21 Posted by CTG (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver_Raven said:

Uh... You may want to rethink that, lol.

#22 Posted by smeagollk (27 posts) - - Show Bio

it'd be cool for betts to be back in her original body, but man.. another mess with kwannon, poor betsy can't catch a break :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.