Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

How about some info about how she became Asian?

The Hedge Hog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Hedge Hog

Did the Hand change her to be Asian when she did that mind transfer? It's never really addressed, is it? Don't get me wrong, I love it when a white British chick becomes this smokin' hot manga girl, but it really makes no sense.
    Post Edited:2006-12-26 17:16:00

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

I too would like to know! And I too would like some pants!

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DEADPOOL

The Hand traded Elizabeth Braddock's mind with their top assassin, Revanche... an Asian woman.

And isn't her sword and daggers made of psionic energy, not telekinetic? And I didn't know she's rich...

Post Edited:2006-12-26 20:23:18
    Post Edited:2006-12-26 20:25:06

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Betsy Braddock was a hugely successful fashion model -- which would make her rich -- and the Braddocks were rich to begin with. Braddock manor is where her brother, Captain Britain lives. their parents, if I'm not mistaken, were Lord and Lady Braddock.

I think they inherited the money since their elder brother, Jaime, is friggin' nuts. I think that's what they put on his psyche exam.

Her swords are made of telekinetic energy NOW, since she no longer has access to her telepathy, which apparently just GAVE her telekinesis. Cause that's what happens. If I'm not mistaken, she may still be telepathic, but can't use it since she's trapped the Shadow King inside her, and that would let him out.

Man, she IS a confusing character. I don't even want to get into how she used to have no eyes.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Awesome. My first introduction to Betsy Bradock was that story line where Wolverine and Sabretooth were kicking ass at the Xavier Mansion. That was before she was when she was a hot English chick and not a hot Asian chick.

I think it was in these issues:

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Liverwurst

Actually Spiral (Mojo's slave for people who do'nt know) switched their bodys when she was supposed to save Kwannon

Yeah, it's Kwannon not Revanche, that was just a code name

ultrakid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ultrakid

they probably just wanted to make her aian its a cartoon they can do what they want

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Suigetsu

I dont know why killed her, it seems that lately the marvel writters had been having this need o kill characters just for he sake of doing it for laer on reviving them on silly way.

Why couldnt they just keep her as she was?, this asian look and their new wierd powers just make the things more complicated, I tought the comics where to enjoy them and not to break your head trying to understand them.

Y know wath I would do? I would get rid of the asian one and then bring the normal original one back, how? dont ask me I belive the marvel writters are creative enogh to fix this.
    VZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VZA

Essential reading:
    Uncanny X-Men 256-258 (this is where Betsy switched into the asian body of Kwannon)
    X-Men 20-32 (Kwannon shows up in the mansion in Betsy's body... confusion ensues... the story is explained... Kwannon commits suicide)

Avatar image for loaded_revolver
    Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Loaded Revolver

This thread was made 2 years ago......

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AngelFrost

I like Psylocke in her asian form ... it's become her trademark now

:/ and recently she's gone back to her british body, which upsets me because we'll never see the asian beauty again.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hawk
    Loaded Revolver said:
    "This thread was made 2 years ago......"
    this thread was bumped 8 months ago.....
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty
    AngelFrost said:
    "I like Psylocke in her asian form ... it's become her trademark now :/ and recently she's gone back to her british body, which upsets me because we'll never see the asian beauty again."
    For the love of God... not everyone has read the recent issues yet!  Was it worth bumping a thread just to post some spoilers?!  If you wanted to discuss it then you could have made a new thread and put (SPOILERS) at the end of the subject line.
    Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hawk
    xerox-kitty said:
    "AngelFrost said:
    "I like Psylocke in her asian form ... it's become her trademark now :/ and recently she's gone back to her british body, which upsets me because we'll never see the asian beauty again."
    For the love of God... not everyone has read the recent issues yet!  Was it worth bumping a thread just to post some spoilers?!  If you wanted to discuss it then you could have made a new thread and put (SPOILERS) at the end of the subject line.
    "
    Bingo! or at least....at least at the top of your post.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Hawk said:
    "Bingo! or at least....at least at the top of your post."
    True, true.  Sorry for ranting.  I'm not usually OCD about spoilers, but that's pretty major... Hell, it still pisses me off.
    Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hawk
    xerox-kitty said:
    "Hawk said:
    "Bingo! or at least....at least at the top of your post."
    True, true.  Sorry for ranting.  I'm not usually OCD about spoilers, but that's pretty major... Hell, it still pisses me off.
    "
    Pats her on the back.
    shhhh....it's ok ....shhhhhh. LMAO

(This is a very Big Bang Theory Moment btw!)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.