Happy 35th Birthday Psylocke!!

#1 Edited by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

This month exactly 35 years ago, the character known as Elizabeth Braddock was introduced in Captain Britain #8 by Chris Claremont.

In December 1976, Psylocke was introduced as a support character for her twin brother Captain Britain's title. Elizabth 'Betsy' Braddock was a Charter Pilot and Supermodel. She was quickly shown to have mutant telepathic powers and after various adventures including dying her hair purple, becoming a spy, briefly becoming Captain Britain and being blinded, Betsy was kidnapped by Mojo who gave her bionic eyes, brainwashed her and named her Psylocke. After being saved by the New Mutants, Betsy started to live with at the mansion and became a fully fledged member of the X-Men after proving her worth against Sabretooth.

Psylocke would serve the X-Men through the Mutant Massacre and the Fall of the Mutants until having to fake death and start a new life in Australia with her fellow X-Men. Psylocke briefly took reigns of the team only to have to send the reaming members through the Siege Perilous, a magical portal which renders the users amnesiac, in order to save all their lives from the Reavers. However, once rendered memory-less, Betsy was taken by Matsuo Tsurayaba, The Mandarin and the Hand and was her mind was put in the body of a japanese assassin known as Kwannon, creating the Psylocke we know today.

After a series of confusing months regarding who the real Psylocke was, Betsy regained her memories and personality. Although forever trapped in the ninja's body, Betsy finally realised her dream of being the warrior she always wanted to be. After years of loyal service with the X-Men, several power changes, a brief stint with death and time with the reality hopping Exiles, Betsy found her place with the X-Men again, re-joining them in San Fransisco and Utopia whilst become a member of Wolverine's covert kill squad X-Force and siding with Cyclops after the Schism.

Happy 35th Birthday everyone's favourite British, purple haired, telepathic, telekinetic, ninja, assassin, mutant, X-Man. You're one of a kind babe, here's to the next 35 years!

Moi?
#2 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOT! Yes! Happy Birthday Betsy my favorite mutant, X-Woman, Marvel Lady, and all around comic character! Hopefully this year will be great for her and hopefully my prayers will be answered and she'll be DLC for UMvC3. xP

#3 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite mutants of all time!

#4 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy B-day Psylocke!! And to 35 more great years to go!

#5 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

congrats psylocke, have a good birthday

#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though they've changed her official birthday a couple of times, I can at least still say that I'm younger than her ;D

#7 Posted by Billy Batson (58062 posts) - - Show Bio

cheers

BB

#8 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty: If we were going with her birth date originally given, Betsy would be about 55 years old lol!!!

#9 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog said:

Moi?

D'awwwwww.

#10 Posted by BigTPotts (123 posts) - - Show Bio
Uncanny X-Force #18

Happy Birthday Betsy!!

#11 Posted by theik2 (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy birthday! I like her best among the X-Men. Wolverine comes in 2nd.

#12 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy birthday Psylocke !!!

#13 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday Psylocke!!!!!

#14 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

She doesn't look a day over 22. Happy Birthday Psylocke, thank you for being such an enjoyable character, as well as an awesome video game character.

Do us a favor and tell The House Of M and Mouse that you want more live-action and animation treatment.

I made you a fitting ninja birthday cake for the occasion...

#15 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

happy birthday betsy may u have a long and happy life filled with joy :)

#16 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (9088 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday Psylocke

#17 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay Betsy! Happy Birthday :)

#18 Posted by V1ctorAugusto (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.