Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Hair

ANGEL1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ANGEL1993

Is there any particular reason why Psylocke has her hair dyed purple? Don't get me wrong, purple is awesome I'm just wondering why she has her hair that particular colour?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @ANGEL1993: Originally it was because she was a fashion model.  It was just part of the job to change her look.  It's not dyed now she's in Kwannon's body.   

The problem with old comics is that they didn't have the printing techniques that would allow them to highlight black.  So many black clothes & black hair often became blue (like the X-Men's original uniforms or Colossus' hair ;).  With Psylocke, they seem to have stuck to a more purple theme.  The purple highlights took over.  So instead of being glossy black hair with flashes of purple sheen, she's more like dark purple with black lowlights ;)
    ANGEL1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ANGEL1993

Oh I see, she still looks great with purple hair either way!

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Thunderscream

...one thing that irked me a bit in the Sisterhood story (well...everything irked me) was that the Brit bod had been lying in a coffin for however many years and in death, our bodies' hair and nails continue to grow....so we shoulda seen at least a few inches of mousy blonde roots come through, not that Fraction or the colorist gave a hoot about the tiny details.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By ragdollpurps

Actually, when we're dead our hair and nails don't continue to grow, our skin just dries and recedes making it appear as if they had grown. Also, even though she is in Kwannon's body her hair is still purple. Just as when she had dyed her blonde hair purple, it turned out to be lavender or light purple. Now that she has naturally dark hair, putting purple dye over it turns it into a dark purple which appears black in dim lighting. I have purple hair, believe me, I'm the closest thing to a purple hair expert you're going to find. This picture from Uncanny X-Force clearly shows her still purple hair. Her X-Force minimate also has purple hair. 

Uncanny X-Force #3
    Uncanny X-Force #3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.