Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Captatin Britain and Psylocke still brother and sister?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Here here is a weird question. Are Captain Britain and Psylocke still brother and sister? I ask this because Psylocke is no longer in her original body she is now in the body of a japanese assassin. So do they still count as brother and sister?
    CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Yes. Shame she doesn't pop up in MI:13 from time to time. 

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Jotham

Not biologically, I guess, but they're still the same people.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By thatlad

What a stupid bloody question, just because she's in a different body doesn't mean all those years of being raised as siblings is erased. 

This would be like asking an adopted child "but he's not your real brother is he?" 

Blood's thicker than water but even family can treat you like crap. There's more to being family than genes

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @thatlad said:
    " What a stupid bloody question, just because she's in a different body doesn't mean all those years of being raised as siblings is erased.  This would be like asking an adopted child "but he's not your real brother is he?"  Blood's thicker than water but even family can treat you like crap. There's more to being family than genes "
    This.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @JediXMan: @thatlad: It may seem like a silly question, but it's still a valid question.  You don't have to be rude about it. 

Psylocke is in a different body, but her family is still her family.  She's interacted with her Braddock brothers since the body swap, and they've treated her the same.
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Yes they are still family, i refer you to Gmans post of the preview on the next uncanny xforce in which they can be see sitting together chatting. While Betsy body has changed her soul remiasn the same and the Braddocks have been shown to be happy to have her still as a family member.

gatg352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gatg352

Also, If you read the early x-men comics, it was stated  that when Spiral switched their bodies she also merged the genetic structures of the two so she still retains some attributes of her original body.  Thats why both Psylocke and Kwannon's sents smelled identical to wolverine, why they have the same powers, and I'm assuming why Psylocke looks like sort of like a mixture of her European and Asian self in some comics (Blue eyes, etc.).
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Baddamdog

Of course they are, in-fact in the next issue of Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny X-Force #6, Brian guest stars and it seems the two are having some sort of disagreement, maybe Bri finds out about her role in the team... 

No Caption Provided
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mimic12

This a interesting topic. But If I had to say biologically no there not but spirituality they are.

The Master X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Master X

You know I just got a idea. What if Brian never married Maggen and had a relationship with Psylocke insted? Because she is no longer in her original body. Just like Quicksilver and scarlett Witch in the Ultimates.

gatg352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gatg352

In X-men issue 32 it was stated that Spiral spliced the genes of both Kwannon and Psylocke along with switcing their bodies.  Therefore both bodies had traits of both Psylocke and Kwannon.  The scanners in the X-men's laboratory confirmed this.  The fact that they both had the same powers, and Psylocke's Eurasion features in some issues also insinuates this in my opinion.  Therefore, even though Psylocke has a significantly different outer appearance, her current body still shares many of the same characteristics of her old body.
    The New L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The New L

Psylocke And Captain Britain as a item? WOW!!!!. Interesting idea but I like him with Maggen better.
    KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By KumoriKunoichi
    @The New L: Incest is best...>.> 

rofl jk.  naaaaaaaaasty
    KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KZR

Is she currently Asian or British? Just asking because I haven't been reading any comics with her recently.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By ragdollpurps
    @KZR said:
    " Is she currently Asian or British? Just asking because I haven't been reading any comics with her recently. "
    She is asian.
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By riri4life

Yes....but, lol @ some of these comments. smh

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic
    @thatlad said:
    What a stupid bloody question, just because she's in a different body doesn't mean all those years of being raised as siblings is erased.  This would be like asking an adopted child "but he's not your real brother is he?"  Blood's thicker than water but even family can treat you like crap. There's more to being family than genes
    I don't agree with being rude, but I can understand the frustration. I don't know my biological dad and a couple of years ago my mom weirded out and left the man who's been dad to me since I was four years old. People around town bothered the s*** out of me constantly asking "So, do you ever talk to Steve anymore? " or "So, do you still call him dad? Because you're really not related at all now." Of course he's still my dad, family and biology are two entirely different things.
    COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By COBRAMORPH

While I have never had any intrest in incest, I have to be honest & say that I do not have a problem with a willing incest couple, especially in this day were being gay is so excepted.

I think it would have actually been interesting if in, say the Ultimate marvel, or any alt universe, Captain Britain was having sex with Kwannon, weather just free sex, or in a relationship, even with kids, & then Psylocke gets her mind put into the body. It would be a really messed up situation, & I feel better than just the straight up incest that Quicksilver-SW or the Fenris siblings had which seems to have been done mainly for the shock value of it.

Still, imagine if you pleasured yourself to a pic of a body that your sibling takes over. Plus, Psylocke is hot, Kwannon was hot, if they were merged, its still a hot body.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Biology no spiritual yes. I mean if you really think about it were all related according to the bible. Ever human came from Adam and Eve.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gatg352 said:
    Also, If you read the early x-men comics, it was stated that when Spiral switched their bodies she also merged the genetic structures of the two so she still retains some attributes of her original body. Thats why both Psylocke and Kwannon's sents smelled identical to wolverine, why they have the same powers, and I'm assuming why Psylocke looks like sort of like a mixture of her European and Asian self in some comics (Blue eyes, etc.).

I wished that the mind switch between Betsy and Kwannon never happened to begin with. Someday, I hope that Betsy's original body(a timeloop) is returned(with Kwannon's mind inside) so that they can return to their respective bodies. As such, I would like to see Kwannon retain the Psylocke codename while Betsy could get a new code name altogether. Afterall, it was Mojo who named Betsy Psylocke to begin with.....

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more curious about the idea of Betsy having a baby. Biologically it would have no relation to the Braddock family...would they try and track down Kwannon's estranged family to let them know her body had a baby?

Technically she could be inseminated with Brian's seed to conceive a child that still retained her own DNA (since he's her twin) while not technically being incestuous. Technically.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Biology no spiritual yes. I mean if you really think about it were all related according to the bible. Ever human came from Adam and Eve.

That's IF you believe in that book of fables, or any other religious text. We are all related based on DNA, everything from trees, to rabbits, to humans.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@gatg352 said:
    Also, If you read the early x-men comics, it was stated that when Spiral switched their bodies she also merged the genetic structures of the two so she still retains some attributes of her original body. Thats why both Psylocke and Kwannon's sents smelled identical to wolverine, why they have the same powers, and I'm assuming why Psylocke looks like sort of like a mixture of her European and Asian self in some comics (Blue eyes, etc.).

I wished that the mind switch between Betsy and Kwannon never happened to begin with. Someday, I hope that Betsy's original body(a timeloop) is returned(with Kwannon's mind inside) so that they can return to their respective bodies. As such, I would like to see Kwannon retain the Psylocke codename while Betsy could get a new code name altogether. Afterall, it was Mojo who named Betsy Psylocke to begin with.....

Same here. I was a fan for like two seconds. But I want my old Betsy back. Let Kwannon keep the Psylocke Moniker, just give me back Betsy, not this crazy chick.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: ummm... I don't think that would work because after Brian died Merlin brought Brian back with a new more powerful body. Similar to his original but with his captain Britain powers in it. So he would not need the amulet of right or his suit for his powers.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Thunderscream

@kid_omega_prime said:

@thunderscream: ummm... I don't think that would work because after Brian died Merlin brought Brian back with a new more powerful body. Similar to his original but with his captain Britain powers in it. So he would not need the amulet of right or his suit for his powers.

Soooo how does that make any difference? While his resurrection may have been mystical, genetically, he's still Brian Braddock, whereas Betsy's body is genetically that of Kwannon...so if she wanted a child that retained a portion of the Braddock bloodline, she could be inseminated by Brian's seed with the resulting offspring not being the product of incest.

....Mind you...I'm not advocating this...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.