Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

British Psylocke, which series?

Shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shell

Well British Psylocke seems really interesting, and I want to know which comic series I should read that focuses on her.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lady Tlieso

What do you mean by British Psylocke? Do you mean before she was switched into the Asian body?

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Only real option's the X-men she appeared in.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Lady Tlieso

She was actually in a few issues of the very old Captain Britain comic, this was before she was Psylocke though so I'm not sure if thats what you're looking for.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

Yep, what Lady T said.  You can pick up a lot of the Captain Britain stuff in reprints/trades.  After that, she appeared in New Mutants Annual #2 (he first US comic book appearance) and then in the Uncanny X-Men.

nickDMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By nickDMC

In these books listed below, she is still in her British body and is a supporting character to her twin brother, Captain Britain (Brian Braddock). However, she is not featured, she has issues that are central to her starting in Daredevils; when she gets her iconic, purple hair:

• Captain Britain Volume 1
    • Daredevils 
    • Mighty World of Marvel Volume 2
    • Captain Britain Volume 2

Her first US appearance is in New Mutants Annual #2, where she is involved with Mojo and the New Mutants.  Once you have read that, move on to Uncanny X-Men, starting from Uncanny X-Men #211. From there on, she is the team's main telepath and has a lot of panel time. Personally, my favorite years for her. Also, from then on, there are minor issues such as X-Men vs. ______.

An event that involves with the Siege Perilous, Uncanny X-Men #251, is that last time you will see British body Betsy. I don't want to tell you anything further, because it will ruin the story and spoil it for you. Though, the body switch isn't explained until further issues such as X-Men Volume 2 #31-32. Hopefully, if you are interesting enough, you will invest your time in reading the deep and rich history of the amazing British. 

Elizabeth Braddock is my favorite character; and reading the issues that reveal her true history makes me even like her more. I hope the same happens to you :]
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By pixelized

I must say, I love love love my Australian outback Psylocke, which I believe is found in the Uncanny 211 stuff Nick suggested.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.