Big things coming for Psylocke

#1 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

(All info from Rick Remender's X-Position interview on CBR  http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31217

Psylocke by Mark Brooks

Will Psylocke's time as a member of the Exiles be mentioned (or will the existence of the team even be acknowledged) when the Uncanny X-Force team travels to the world of Age of Apocalypse?  

Yes.

Given that Wolverine and Psylocke exist in the Age of Apocalypse, is there any chance the Uncanny X-Force members will meet their AoA counterparts during the upcoming story?  

What a huge part of the story that might be, right? If I were to say yes or no, it would spoil your enjoyment of what will be a nice, surprising reveal in the story. Or maybe by not telling you, I’ve already told you. I will say there are many surprising events to look forward to while we journey to the Age of Apocalypse.  

Do you plan to explain how Sabretooth from the Age of Apocalypse escaped from the wall he was trapped in during the latest Exiles book? Also, will you address the relationship he had with our 616-Psylocke in "New Exiles?" 

I am going to make sure that Elizabeth’s relationship with AoA Sabretooth is acknowledged and plays an important role in the story -- wouldn’t want to overlook such a big piece of history.  

The Shadow King and Psylocke have a rivalry dating back to the Psi-War. Can we expect some kind of rematch between them?

Yes, you can, and this fight is a direct result of the Psi-War. Somebody wants some revenge. 

Will you delve into what Psylocke is exactly? Is she an Otherworld-ly character, is she a construct of Jamie Braddock, or something else entirely? 

Betsy is a fledgling Omega telepath who could one day become the most powerful telepath in the Marvel Universe. That’s my take on her; I imagine there will be those who see it other ways. I have plans to take us to Other World and explore her past, how it links to her future, and her powers origins.  

Rick Remender is officially my favourite writer. It's like he read my mind and put everything I ever wanted in his book. I am so friggin excited!
#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the 'O' word again.  Why does every popular mutant have to be an Omega?!

#3 Posted by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog: This is excellent news. I know this is early, but do you happen to know what Uncanny X-Force issue Psylocke and the Shadow King will be "meeting" each other again?
#4 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Haha I know! He kinda saved it with 'fledging' but still... I'm the biggest Psylocke fanboy, but I know she's not omega and has never been written as omega, but I trust Remender! 
@Edamame: No not to early at all, the solicit was released a bit ago:  

Uncanny X-Force #8
Written by: Rick Remender
Penciled by: Jerome Opeña
Cover by: Esad Ribic
Before the Fall: Part 1
A nuclear facility has been infiltrated and taken over by the Shadow King! With nuclear missiles now aimed at both Utopia and New York, the lives of Earth's heroes hang in the balance. X-Force heads into action, but to save the world, they must make a terrible choice. In order to prevent a nuclear holocaust, Wolverine and his team must kill every last person working in the facility. X-Force can save the day, but at what cost?     

It's only a one issue arc though! :(
#5 Posted by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio
Cool.

#6 Posted by SC (13148 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh nice, thanks! ^_^ 

I didn't like New Exiles, but like that it won't be ignored. 

#7 Posted by jakeeboi17 (4370 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke. Is. Amazing. 
And therefore deserves bigger things!

#8 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakeeboi17 said:
" Psylocke. Is. Amazing. And therefore deserves bigger things! "
#9 Posted by jakeeboi17 (4370 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog: I'm glad we're in agreement haha ;)
#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"Not the 'O' word again.  Why does every popular mutant have to be an Omega?! "

Thats how i felt about the X-men movies. Out of all the homo-Superior on the planet the only ones with any kind of real power or strength behind there abilities are already in on one of the X-men teams or is one of there villains and the two most powerful mutants (besides Jean) in the movie seemed to be the leaders of the oppossing sides
#11 Posted by Glamazon (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Next they'll be saying Wolverine is an Omega-level mutant. Anyway back to the topic at hand, way to go Betsy! I love me some Psylocke, and I'm thrilled about this news, can't wait.
#12 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my worries about this AOA crossover was that he was going to neglect the connection between Betsy and AOA Sabretooth but I'm thrilled at Remenders dedication to Betsy

#13 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Not the 'O' word again.  Why does every popular mutant have to be an Omega?! "
Seriously. It seems any time a mutant becomes popular, they become an Omega. Give us a break. Emma Frost, Iceman, Psylocke. Who's next? I thought Omega-level mutants were supposed to be rare.
#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#15 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
right? 
I'm so sick of the "omega" debate 
"should whoever be an Omega?" "Whoever deserves to be an Omega!" "she's more of an Omega than he is" 
blah blah blah  
I'm sick of it 
why can't mutants just be mutants?
#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy: Agreed.
#17 Posted by rphailey98 (22 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" Not the 'O' word again.  Why does every popular mutant have to be an Omega?! "
Seriously. It seems any time a mutant becomes popular, they become an Omega. Give us a break. Emma Frost, Iceman, Psylocke. Who's next? I thought Omega-level mutants were supposed to be rare. "
That is what I always thought. Maybe since most mutants were wiped out, they are evolving into Omega-levels to survive. All I do know is just thinking about the different levels makes my head hurt.
#18 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:
@rphailey98:
exactly 
it just causes too much needless debate
#19 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy: Yup.
#20 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Remender does say fledging Omega, meaning she's on her way to becoming that powerful

#21 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! I'm am ecstatic. I absolutely cannot wait for this, it sounds so.... juicy.  As for Betsy being a fledgling Omega-lvl, I thought she was already on that path and had been for a while...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.