AoA Psylocke...actually just Kwannon?

#1 Posted by Thunderscream (1811 posts) - - Show Bio
Earth-295: The Age of Apocalypse

After seeing the most recent solicits I can't help but notice Betsy as she was when she took the helm as Captain Britain back in the day. Could it be possible that since we've been exposed to all this AoA crossover stuff that the counterpart of Psylocke we encountered in the AoA 10yr anniversary issue was actually just Kwannon and the real Betsy Braddock had escaped to the Omniversal Nexus to avoid having her telepathic brain harvested by Apocalypse?

#2 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

An interesting theory! I don't think Remender would tackle Betsy and her Captain Britain persona. Plus, a chance for her to interact with another version of herself would be awesome given her time on Exiles and her slight identity disorder.

#3 Posted by Thunderscream (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart: Do you know if they ever referred to the AoA version as "Betsy"?

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Psylocke should be retconned so that there is no Kwannon only Psylocke.

#5 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I really doubt it, it would be completely random and unnecessary. Not Rememder's style. I just think Psylocke may temporarily wear her old CB costume during the Otherworld arc.

#6 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog said:

I really doubt it, it would be completely random and unnecessary. Not Rememder's style. I just think Psylocke may temporarily wear her old CB costume during the Otherworld arc.

QFT

#7 Posted by Queen Ororo (56 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
This.
#8 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
#9 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Solicits say that in either issue 21 or 22 Psylocke will become Lady Briton, so I assume that while X-Force is tangling with the Captain Britain Corps in the Otherworld, she'll be wearing her Captain Britain costume. I don't think Remender would decide to introduce an alternate Betsy. She's been too integral to events in the book so far, and having another Psy running around would be a rehash of Kwannon and muddle things. I actually was under the impression that Slaymaster had killed the majority of her counterparts, anyways.

#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would make an interesting twist to reveal that AoA Psylocke is actually Kwannon. However, as Baddamdog pointed out, it's unlikely as it's not Remender's style.

#11 Posted by Dernman (15222 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
I like the idea but how? If you get rid of Kwannon  w ould she still be  Asian ? If not then would she still be Betsy Braddock related to Captain Britain? 
#12 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps: the New Exiles period shall never be referenced...it's like it never happened

#13 Posted by Tazirai (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps: What happened in Exiles isnt considered canon, by anyone except Claremont. Dude is always now given the alternate universe books, so he can play out his strong female fetish. So those other "Psylockes" never "died"

#14 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the last issue of Uncanny X-Force kinda disproves this...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.