Follow

Hobie Brown

Character » Hobie Brown appears in 272 issues.

Hobie Brown is a brilliant inventor whom started out as a criminal known as the Prowler, but soon turned to a more heroic path and became a trusted ally of Spider-Man. He later gave up the Prowler identity and became the Hornet.

He needs a new ongoing series

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By ReverseNegative

For the last 15 years, he has just had a random appearance in a comic here or there without his OWN series since 94. It's time for him to make a comeback! 

No Caption Provided
    Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Hit_Monkey

I totally agree I love seeing underrated characters get there own series. This guy needs an ongoing or at least another mini or a place in a team book. His costume alone is freakin awesome!! He's like a working class Batman or something...

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

Maybe with a bit of a costume and gadget update.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Hit_Monkey

Yeah they would have to blow the the dust off if they brought him back.

blackair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By blackair9
    my only thing is they need to shape up his background, retcon some sensibility and shore up the holes. It always seem reallly silly he was stuck doing construction work and such , but was a brilliant inventor but couldn't make it thru college. and why wouldn't he take advantage of his older brother teaching, since he one of the Marvel universes top martial artist?  This is one of them characters with so much potential
    @PrinceIMC:  your right about the gadget and costume update , he should have something on par with Iron Spider armor.
    Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Superguy0009e

i say make him more like an undercover guy....have it where he washes windows as an excuse to study buildings where he needs to go. he goes around at night then, "prowling"

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Shadowsnake89

I'd buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.