Follow

Protocide

Character » Protocide appears in 18 issues.

A candidate for Project: Rebirth, Clinton McIntyre was given an incomplete version of the super-soldier serum but after proving unstable, he was cryogenically frozen. Half a century later he was discovered by the terrorist group A.I.M. who manipulated him into being their agent.

This guy deserves his own limited series

RedAce83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RedAce83

Protocide, the man who severely injured USAgent and almost rubbed out Captain America, deserves his won one-shot series! The man is a prime bad-ass, and would make a great anti-hero. Anyone else agree?

Blue Outburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Blue Outburst

I agree, especially since Steve is dead he should become captain america or be a major character in the marvel universe. He should redeem himself! He could be a great hero.

Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Argantyr

His origin is kinda cool, I havn't read much about him but I intend to.

Edit: Wow, I almost thought he died by the bio but somehow he managed to throw Captain America out of a Exploding Building and escape somehow. Where was HE during Civil War!?

mightiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By mightiness

I'd like to see him come back he definitely had a ton of potential, plus Cap always needs new and fresh villains.

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Crackdown

Was talking to a few guys, would love if he formed some sort of Dark Avengers team, with Red Hulk, Taskmaster, and a few others, like the black ops Avengers, but not the Secret Avengers.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By karrob
    @RedAce83 said:
    " Protocide, the man who severely injured USAgent and almost rubbed out Captain America, deserves his won one-shot series! The man is a prime bad-ass, and would make a great anti-hero. Anyone else agree? "
    I thought Nuke severly injured US Agent?
    Blue Outburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Blue Outburst

Now there is talk about Cap in Vietnam, I know this character was not around until afterwards but i thought of him as the perfect person for the job. If you read the text about who this Cap would be in Vietnam Protocide would be the guy. i like this character a lot and I feel like he would be a great hero. Since enough time has passed maybe he can have a family or something. i just want to see him back in comics.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I don't know about a limited series, but I'd love to see him show up in the Captain America book again.

RedAce83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedAce83

"I don't know about a limited series, but I'd love to see him show up in the Captain America book again."

As would I. Personally, he'd make a great Punisher-type anti-hero. Who knows, maybe Proto and Castle can team up to become a new unstoppable vigilante duo!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.