The brains of the Black Hand
They say that the circle of nine's members are equal in power and importance, both in their leaders and organizations. This is patently false, while Ishmael can be the most powerful depending on how tightly bound he is, the most consistently powerful is the enigmatic Yuri Omega. Hailing from the same world of Ainul as Vrakmul, the Brain's origins are unknown to even Giacomo himself. It simply observed and offered it's aid to the rising Black Hand. The only clue to it's origins are in it's name, indicative of the Northern people, though if it ever were human, it is clearly long divorced from such origins.
The Triad was surprised to find out that Yuri Omega already had a substantial and quite distinctive army that relied on twisted biological science and dreadfully powerful psionics. Deciding that it would be best to have this army included as an elite parallel force of the Black Hand, as the Waffen SS was to the Germany Army, the brain transformed it's army from the Epsilon Hegemony into the Epsilon Group, which laid down the seeds of the circle of nine which would later come to be the face of the Black Hand to those unaware of the triad.
As Yuri Omega was already well underway in it's conquest of the world before it joined forces with the Black hand, it is often regarded as a near equal of the dark triad. It certainly seems to be the intermediary between the Triad and the Circle of Nine. And with it's vast, all surpassing intelligence and incomprehensibly mighty psionic abilities, it's not hard to see why. It's Epsilon group continued to grow larger, unwittingly attracting the Icon, which goes ever faster towards universes with high concentrations of psions to recycle them. All the while, the Black Hand soon grew to dominate the whole of their native universe, crushing all opposition beneath their heel.
When the Icon came to devour the universe, it was Yuri who suggested that they join it, for the soulless brain saw in the Icon a potential to remake the multiverse. By now, a few more of the founding members of what would later become the circle of nine had been added as great lieutenants to the Dark Triad, but Yuri retained it's special status. Even as they went from universe to universe, Yuri Omega remained a constant, predating all prior additions save for but a precious few in the hand. It knew that it was vitally important for the process of bringing forth the critical mass of psions needed to bring forth the Icon to a target universe, and it knew that the Epsilon Group had more autonomy than any other subdivision of the black hand.
But being a dispassionate creature of reason and logic, it didn't take much smugness or pride in it's favored status. In universe after universe, it helped spread the gift of psionic powers and develop some of the Black Hand's fiercest warriors and most diabolical weapons. It watched countless realities crumble and die as they were devoured by the Primordial of Space in the endless cosmic cycle of death and rebirth. And like many of the uppermost echelons of the Black Hand, it sought something more. It knew that the Hand could do so much more than serve as the Icon's heralds and as Orlok's lackeys.
The purely mechanical such as the Electrical Protectorate, and the purely elemental or energical like the Blazing Horde; both lacked the diversity and cunning of the Black Hand in it's view. They were merely slavish servants of the Icon, content to carry out it's will for the rest of time. But there was so much more to be done. The goal of a more ordered multiverse meant that the Black Hand would one day have to outgrow the Icon, much as how a child outgrows it's parent's house. Like many other high ranking members of the hand, it believes that this universe in particular, can hold the key to that. And while other members of the hand are either unwilling or unable to one day overthrow the triad, Yuri is waiting for the day to cast off the emotional influence of the Triad and replace it with a vision where all things are governed by reason and rationality. It may not be powerful enough to directly challenge Vrakmul yet, but it is biding it's time for the opportunity to present itself.
It will bring the multiverse into a state of perfect order, no emotion, no passion, just reason and logic. Pure rationality shall rule all. Already it is convincing Vorzhilok of the superiority of it's cause, and it waits for the downfall of Vrakmul so it can take over and bring about a golden age of the mind, where none will ever have to suffer from chaos and disorder again. There will be no war, no strife, no need, no want, no one will go without, no one will suffer, for perfect law will be established over all things. The mind will conquer the heart and the loins, and all will be right with the multiverse.
It already has plans with the circle of nine to lead a coup against triad loyalist inner circle members and purge them from the Black Hand if the Triad falls, no, not if; when. While it is often used as a command and control system by the more elite groups of the Black Hand, a task that takes no noticeable effort on it's part. This gives it great control over the Black Hand's military forces. The subdivisions of the Black Hand are mostly allied to it, and it is working towards very much sinister purposes.
But it perhaps may overestimate it's capacity for intelligence, or underestimate that of Vrakmul.
Powers, abilities, and weaknesses
- Psionic: A master of all branches of psionics, Yuri Omega is so potent with it's mental powers that it is easily mistaken for omnipotent by weaker beings, much as how the skyfathers such as Odin and Zeus are. Yuri Omega's psionics would make it on par with the most powerful celestials. It is equally skilled in Telepathy, Telekinesis, Biomancy, Pyromancy, Divinitation, and Transmutation.. It's telepathic presence is so awe inspiring that gods can die from overload if they try to plumb the full depths of it's mind, and it can mind control countless galaxies or warp the bodies of their inhabitants into twisted monsters.
- Intelligence: Yuri Omega, as befitting a giant brain, is intelligent and mentally able beyond the ken of mortals to comprehend. It can be argued that Yuri, raw intelligence wise, surpasses even Vrakmul, though it doesn't have quite as much of Vrakmul's personal magnetism. In fact, it could be argued that Yuri is the most intelligent being in the multiverse. Some things may claim to know and see all things, but knowledge and sight are by no means a true measure of intelligence. It's plans are labyrinthian and virtually foolproof, and it's mind can work faster than light. It's manipulations work on a grand scale, and it has managed to hide it's plans from Vrakmul himself for a very long time.
- Durability: Despite it's seeming vulnerability, Yuri is actually tremendously durable, capable of withstanding colossal amounts of physical and metaphysical punishment. It is somewhat better at taking energy and magic attacks than it is at taking physical hits though.
- Regeneration: Yuri has an exceptional, but not incredulously good, healing factor, capable of healing damage at a highly accelerated rate. It can also recover lost or severed tendrils rapidly.
- Strength: While Yuri cannot move under it's own power for want of limbs outside of an aqeous environment, it does possess many very powerful tentacles strong enough to deform adamantium as a giant squid from krypton would deform aluminium of the same thickness under a yellow sun.
- Eats brains: Yuri has the ability to instantly tear out nervous tissue and grey matter from a target and assimilate it into it's hive mind. So much as being in telepathic range of Yuri renders one vulnerable as it biomantically rips out viable neural matter, killing the original user in a shower of gore. It then instantly absorbs all knowledge of the former user and adds their intelligence to it's own and all their former psionic and mental abilities.
- Reincarnation: If Yuri is destroyed, it's psyche flees and takes over a "dormant" body in another vat, so far, there is no known way of preventing this from happening.
- Hive mind: While it claims that it's other bodies are "dormant", this is not the truth. All of it's "brains" are fully active and have formed an undetectable psychic web with one another, forming a network of colossal power that rivals Vrakmul himself in terms of raw might.
- Immobile: Yuri cannot move under it's own power outside of a liquid, it is firmly rooted into it's command vat.
- Eye: Yuri's eye is the most vulnerable part of it's body, and attacking it will cause it more damage than anywhere else.
- Dispassionate: Yuri's lack of emotions are both a strength and a weakness. While it never lets emotions muddle it's thought process, it cannot draw from the strengths emotions can provide, such as adrenaline rushes or a refusal to give up despite impossible odds.
Command Vat: Made out of an unknown, but clear polymer with tremendous strength, these command vats help Yuri keep away those who would try to attack it physically. Each Command vat is deeply rooted in a nigh impenetrable and heavily guarded fortress with no end of minions, lackeys, turrets, monsters, environmental hazards, and traps along with powerful walls and shields to keep out attackers. The Vat itself is strong enough to withstand repeated hits from Scmallmharu before shattering.
Battle armor: If it has time to prepare and a physical battle is inevitable, Yuri equips itself with powerfully made and shielded battle armor that adds more weapons to it of various sorts designed by Vorzhilok. The armor also emits a powerful anti-magic field that completely shuts down any magic or magical effects that get close to it. The armor is impenetrable, but attacking the energy shielded tentacles that emerge from it or the cooling vent that quickly pops out every once in a while will stun Yuri and allow a strong opponent to open up the hinges of the armor and attack the more vulnerable brain inside.
Diameter: 30 meters
Height: 27.5 meters
Circumfrence: 75 meters
Mass: 155 megatons
Eye color: Red
Alignment: Lawful evil.
Native language: Kurvostokian (Very similar to Russian).
While most of the Black Hand's subdivision's militaries are more or less fully incorporated into the main Black Hand force, Yuri's Army; the Epsilon Group, is very independent; with it's own command structure and radically different arsenal that makes heavy usage of psionics and various weapons that most armies simply have no counter for on account of Yuri's military being the kind that elicits a "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!?!" From most commanders. Most generals who have fought Yuri's military have regarded them as an "Outside context problem" because what they can bring to bear is so completely out of the left field as to be almost mind boggling.
Most are used to dealing with armies that use conventional guns and tactics. These go completely out the window when one considers that even the most basic form of soldier in the Epsilon Army is capable of mind control, cloaking themselves from sapient beings, or hurling enemies to their deaths with their brains. Standard tactics are similarly useless against a foe that can turn your entire infantry detatchment into raving, muscle bound brutes or cause madness in the largest of your troop formations. Attrition is useless against a foe that can crank out new soldiers and vehicles in seconds. Stealth and espionage are useless against a foe where everyone can read each other's minds. You cannot surprise a foe who will know your move before you ever have the thought of making it.
Adaptation is useless when the entire enemy army is largely composed of geniuses who can come up with new technology and churn it out in the very middle of battle. Standard defensive doctrine does not work when the enemy can simply shut off gravity for you and send your troops hurtling into space. Counterterrosism falls flat on it's face when single agents can mind control large amounts of the populace. Battlefield experience is utterly meaningless when dealing with a foe that quite simply fights like nothing else in the history of ever. You cannot hole up in your base when the foe can simply teleport an entire army into the middle of your base. Nor can you stop a foe who can temporarily turn large sections of his army completely invulnerable. There can never be favorable weather conditions against an enemy who can control the weather. A foe who can randomly tear open reality and drop lethal iconoclasms anywhere cannot be prepared against by most.
The Epsilon Group can do all of this and more, making it arguably a greater threat on the battlefield than the Black Hand's conventional military itself. They are an outside context problem simply because there is no such thing as a context for an army comprised of the various sorts of weird shit that Yuri cobbled together into a surprisingly lethal and deadly military force. And perhaps that was the intention? After all, the Epsilon Group can counter virtually every tactic the Black Hand has up it's sleeve, while the Hand is far less able to counter the Epsilon group's bizarre military and doctrines.