Hey guys. Well, I'm in a bit of a pickle here, I just wanted to test out the API first by requesting super names, real names etc. before I move on to a big project. However, everytime I use the Character field 'name' it actually gives me the 'first_appeared_in_issue' field.
Here's an example when I request the first few characters: Super Name: The Legion of Super-Heroes Real Name: Garth Ranzz ID: 114594
Also, the data given for the 'first_appeared_in_issue' field is actually metadata, for this given example it's supposed to say "Adventure Comics #247", (but I'm not worried about that, I just want the super name).
If anyone else can tell me what on earth is happening, how to fix it or just try this out so I'm not going crazy I'd appreciate it. I've checked every parameter a million times and this is just confusing.
Having signed up to Marvel Digital Comics, they send me e-mails on new releases, offers and such. Just thought I'd tell you guys that they have a sale going on for annual subscriptions, from $60 to just over $40, for us UK lot that's roughly £40 to £25.
Artwork looks exceptional, not too sure on the Title text though, could do with some improvement in my opinion. I agree on you saying that's it's a "Silver Age superhero transplanted to a modern setting", but perhaps that's a change we need, contrasts usually work out for the best, that's how most comic storylines are anyway!
" @Primmaster64: I could see it happening. It is not impossible. "
Indeed, it sounds interesting to say the least, when there's nothing new or they can't think of any new material to write I think it becomes the default thing to do. They might be wasting their time but it's worth buying #1 to see what it's like.