Top Ten Best Original Female Heroines
This list is my top ten heroines of all time. This list will have only original female characters and no spin-off characters from male heros. for example Supergirl is a spin-off from Superman, so she could not make my list. Women heroines can prove they can hang with the male hero and even pass them in power, This is my list, let me know what you think and any heroines i could have over looked and can be added.
1. Wonder Woman: Wonder Woman is the first and one of the best, not really a hero more of a warrior fighting for justice and truth. Wonder Woman has been around since 1943 and is still running strong to this day, how many other female characters can say that! She did not spin off from a male counter part and has survived as a stand alone character, meaning she did not need a team to help her stand out. With powers and abilities that can match and even surpass the likes of even the great superman. I think Wonder Woman is one of the most underestimated characters in the DCU, not many people know the true depths of her power. Wonder Woman has open the door to all the female heroines we have to this day.
2. Storm: Storm is one of the most frequently seen X-Men, having appeared in most of the comic books since 1975, all of the animated television series, nearly all of the video games, and the live-action X-Men film series. she has survived being a female hero in a male dominated field as well as being a black woman surviving racism and sexism. she may have had to have a team to help build her up, but she is still seen as a individual heroine.
3. Donna Troy: Donna may be a spin-off character of Wonder Woman, but mostly all of Donna character development happen with the Teen Titans since 1965. Donna Troy, younger sister to Wonder Woman, is an Amazon warrior princess and one of the most powerful characters in the DC Universe. Being the original Wonder Girl, Donna is gifted with all of her sister's powers and granted powers from the Titans of Myth. Donna is a founding member of Teen Titans.
4. Black Canary: Debuting in 1947, the Black Canary is one of the best female fighters in DCU next to Wonder Woman, She even had her a spot on the JLA as a founding member at one time, she has survived all this time in a male dominated field with limited powers.
5. Vixen: She was nearly the first black female DC superhero to star in her own series, Jumping into the hero game in 1981. With the power mimic the abilities of animals, by simply focusing on a specific animal's abilities and then drawing it directly from her mystic artifact. Vixen is one of DC's first black female heroines.
6. Invisible Woman: Popping up in 1961 Sue Storm is a member of the Fantastic Four. It's been said that Sue is the most powerful member of the Fantastic Four, well yes I agree her real power has only barely been seen.
7. Rogue: Debuting in 1981, Rogue has become a main member of the X-Men. Rogue possesses the mutant ability to absorb the psyche and abilities of another human being through skin contact. She has even gain strength and the power of flight from Ms Marvel.
8. Raven: Becoming a heroines in 1980, Raven is one of the longest serving members of the Teen Titans, in various incarnations of the team. Raven owes her heroic role (as well as an evil role) to a darker past - she is the daughter of a inter-dimensional demon known as Trigon. Raven has been portrayed as having a variety of magic powers, but due to her nature and need for control, many of them remain virtually unknown even to this day. Once unleashed however, Raven is a formidable opponent.
9. Vampirella: In 1969 Vampirella drew blood. Vampirella’s powers greatly resemble those of a vampire. She has a heightened healing factor, though she needs to maintain a certain amount of blood in her system or this healing factor slows, this also effectively makes her an immortal. Got to show love to my vampires.
10. Phoenix: Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men, and the ex-wife of Cyclops. An Omega-level mutant telekinetic and telepath, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force.