13 Comments
Posted by jordama

because origins failed... They wanted to make cyclops and emma together, and for some reason that means emma had to be her sister so she was important but not to important. Maybe they will retcon that when the make the first class movie.
Posted by Cherry Bomb

The weird thing is, is that one of the Scientists/Surgeons that implanted Wolverine with the adamantium is called Carol Frost ... so maybe they'll be experimenting with that in the sequel? first class? - maybe she adopts Emma?  -- or they'll probably abandon that idea.

Posted by The_Martian

Maybe she was adopted or she's a half sister.

Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon
@Cherry Bomb said:
" The weird thing is, is that one of the Scientists/Surgeons that implanted Wolverine with the adamantium is called Carol Frost ... so maybe they'll be experimenting with that in the sequel? first class? - maybe she adopts Emma?  -- or they'll probably abandon that idea. "
interesting note@Nobody said:
" Maybe she was adopted or she's a half sister. "
yeah kinda makes sense though id like to see that fleshed out in an emma origins movie.  @jordama said:
" because origins failed... They wanted to make cyclops and emma together, and for some reason that means emma had to be her sister so she was important but not to important. Maybe they will retcon that when the make the first class movie. "
hopefully
Posted by save.me.now

I'm pretty sure Emma's sister was supposed to be the real silverfox, who was one of wolverine's wives in the marvel canon. My main problem with the whole thing was that, the two aren't sisters at all and making them related just seemed a bit ridiculous. I would have preferred that they used Emma's real sister from the comics, since she's more than interesting enough for a not-so-good movie like X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Including silverfox did make sense since it was a Wolverine origins movie, I just don't think they had to play around with the storyline THAT much. But yeah more to the point they just wanted to find a way to put silverfox, someone who was actually important wolverine's past, into the movie. Sadly, making her Emma's sister was the best they could come up with.

Posted by Son_of_Magnus

Why was Emma's hair blond as a teen? That is not her natural color.

Posted by EisforExtinction

How come she isn't in later movies? How come Wolverine is younger looking in the first X-Men movie than in X-Men Origin? How come Deadpool looks like Ryan Renolds?
 
Hollywood doesn't care about comics. They like intellectual property but they treat the source material like trash. Comic movies will always suck. I just try to enjoy them as movies.

Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon
@save.me.now said:
" I'm pretty sure Emma's sister was supposed to be the real silverfox, who was one of wolverine's wives in the marvel canon. My main problem with the whole thing was that, the two aren't sisters at all and making them related just seemed a bit ridiculous. I would have preferred that they used Emma's real sister from the comics, since she's more than interesting enough for a not-so-good movie like X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Including silverfox did make sense since it was a Wolverine origins movie, I just don't think they had to play around with the storyline THAT much. But yeah more to the point they just wanted to find a way to put silverfox, someone who was actually important wolverine's past, into the movie. Sadly, making her Emma's sister was the best they could come up with. "
they should have just left emma out of the movie@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Why was Emma's hair blond as a teen? That is not her natural color. "
well wolverine is a good foot taller than he is in the comics, so obviously they changed a lot.  but even in the movie continuity they should explain why sisters dont look like each other.  @EisforExtinction said:
" How come she isn't in later movies? How come Wolverine is younger looking in the first X-Men movie than in X-Men Origin? How come Deadpool looks like Ryan Renolds?  Hollywood doesn't care about comics. They like intellectual property but they treat the source material like trash. Comic movies will always suck. I just try to enjoy them as movies. "
comic movies dont always suck--take for example Daredevil.  Heck, I thought overall Wolverine Origins was fairly faithful to the comic and pretty good (though not dark enough).  
emma was supposed to be in X3 played by Sigourny Weaver, but then Bryan Singer was a jerk and left and then they changed everything. 
Posted by growup

Did they actually ever call her "Emma" in the movie?

Posted by uncanny89
@Red_Justice:  no shes never called Emma in the films but in all the promotional stuff she is and in the credits she is just called Emma/Kayla's sister
Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon
@uncanny89 said:
" @Red_Justice:  no shes never called Emma in the films but in all the promotional stuff she is and in the credits she is just called Emma/Kayla's sister "
and even if she isnt emma frost (though i really think she is), she is obviously not native american. 
Posted by uncanny89
@Violet-Eyed Dragon: unfortunately i think they are just going to go with the ultimate version of emmas powers for the films and not give her telepathy, personally i would rather them just introduce Emma properly 
Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon
@uncanny89 said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon: unfortunately i think they are just going to go with the ultimate version of emmas powers for the films and not give her telepathy, personally i would rather them just introduce Emma properly  "
oh thats a pity.  i really want the true emma.