vernierhawk001's forum posts
Dick Grayson's "new direction" has caused quite a stir. I know we all have different (and passionate) views about whether or not we think this is a good idea. I also know those views have been argued elsewhere. This is a post dedicated to finding the good in all of this and speculating about the potential of the new series. So I figure I will start with characters he might meet.
Potential Partners: I'm going under the assumption that the agents will work in two man teams. Why? Because its convenient. My top picks for Grayson's partner are.....
1) Rose Wilson: They had some significant interaction before the Reboot. Post Flashpoint, I assume they are about the same age. Her attitude would be an interesting counter to Grayson's. Plus, she is no stranger to this kind of work, right?
2) Donna Troy: It's about time she shows up in the N52, right?! And why shouldn't she be a butt-kicking secret agent type?
3) Reimagined Helena Bertinelli: So she wouldn't be the Huntress (Helena Wayne currently has that role) but a highly trained agent.
4) Cass Cain: Changed a bit to be roughly Grayson's age. But I think there are better ways to bring Cass' character back.
What do you think?
Honestly, it worries me that they are not killing him off. At least if they killed him off I would not have been worried about them moving the character further from his "glorious past". THis opens the doors for tons of new screw ups. I think there are ways to make this whole Forever Evil experience something positive.......but I don't trust any of DC's decision making right now
I've only seen him in Hunger Games and Expendables 2. That being said, I think he definitely has the look down. And I liked his work in both films. Haven't seen enough of his work to say for sure though.
Same with me. There are a couple of things that excite me about the idea of him playing.
1) He has name (albeit, in large part because of his brother and an ill-fated relationship) but I think he might have the acting chops. I think Catching Fire will give us more of an indicator.
2) In my mind, he is not a super huge star, right now (but I kind of live under a rock so I could be wrong) so he should be relatively affordable. More importantly, I think that he at least has the look to carry his own franchise. Again...hopefully the acting chops are also there
3) He already has some semblance of a following. Granted, a lot of them are probably teeny-bopper preteen girls but, while they may be annoying in the theatre, their money is just as green as anyone else's. And DC needs all of the help it can get. Possibly also make the chance of seeing some sort of Nightwing solo movie a bit better
4) his brother,. If he got the part, what reporter would not jump on the fact that the brothers are in competing franchises. Again, this is nothing huge but would bring big recognition to the character and the DC movies
Ok so this may be a very long shot but what do you think about.......Liam Hemsworth as DG? I think he has more skills than most give him credit for (I did not see Paranoia).